This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    They're both top 25 teams. lol When those two teams are their 5th and 6th toughest games, that proves your initial statement to be incorrect. How many teams can say that USC and NC State aren't even their top 4 toughest games?

As for the rest of your comment. That's weak...

But, I noticed that your only retort was once again filled with no substance. You asked about his pass blocking and I provided something real, such as the fact that the man went 800 something snaps without giving up a sack. You didn't reply.

You claimed they played no one, I showed that they played 6 top 25 teams. You replied by saying "naw" to two of the top 25, like that proves something.

Give something more than just "He's a guard", showing that you are just the stereotypical fan that doesn't know how to appreciate an objectively incredible offensive lineman.
    So all top 25 teams are good teams....I'm MY opinion they are NOT...and you are right I'm NOT gonna make a list if reasons why we don't take a guard at 5.....I have NOTHING to prove to anyone...if you think what I say don't have substance DONT REPLY INGORE ME..... I swear I have fans...it's cute though...it's not like I'm the ONLY one who is saying you DONT DRAFT A GUARD WITH THE 5TH PICK OVERALL....
    The funny thing is if I agreed with yall on EVERYTHING yall say you would think I knew what o was talking about but since I dont...I know nothing...that's fine...I have NOTHING to prove to any one.... we can all agree to disagree.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      Don't you do the exact same thing with Barkley?
      I said it once I will say it again...with the top 5 pick you draft someone that scores Tds or gets the ball back to your offense...Not a guard.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        Blurb from Luke Easterling
        Editor, Draft Wire at USA TODAY SMG | 17-year NFL Draft scout, analyst and writer

Quenton Nelson | G | Notre Dame
        Height | 6-5

Weight | 330

Class | Senior

College Bio Page

It’s rare that an interior offensive lineman has a legitimate case to make as the best overall prospect in the draft, but Nelson is the exception. He could have been a fairly early pick in last year’s draft, but another season of experience and refinement has Nelson even more prepared to be an All-Pro right out of the gate.

A massive mover with a rare combination of athleticism, physicality and awareness, Nelson is a 36-game starter who consistently dominates his competition. He should be a top-10 lock who is worthy of top-five consideration.
        Well good for him that's his opinion. Now my question to you if this same guy said he would take Berkley or Lamar over Nelson what would you say then?

Comment

It is what it is...just a bunch of wishful thinking....we will see if elway with a top 5 pick uses it on a guard this april....I'm not tripping of these comments anymore...."It's MY opinion and I'm sticking to it."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
            Well good for him that's his opinion. Now my question to you if this same guy said he would take Berkley or Lamar over Nelson what would you say then?
            He didn't say he would take Nelson over those others. He very well might take Barkley if it were up to him. He is just saying that Nelson has a case to be called the #1 prospect in the draft. That's how good Nelson seems to be. Yes, 999 times out of 1000, you would be right in saying don't take an OG at 5 but this guy is the exception to many people.

Do you think Larry Allen would have been worth a #5 pick? I'm not saying nelson will be Larry Allen but you seem to think no OG is worth it...is Allen?
            sigpic

Comment

The reason why most agree you don’t take a OG in the top 10 is bc it’s much easier to find a quality, starting OG later in draft or with undrafted prospects.

Look at the top 10 OGs in the league and where were they taken? QBs, OTs, pass rushers all seem to be top picks and are much harder to find later in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
                Come on guy, really
                Try answering the question, ... guy.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                  Look at the words he used. Specifically, "might".
                  Right. The subjunctive mood is often overlooked in English.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    Why not then?
                    I don't think he has anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                      I'm sorry if you not driving a DT or LB 15 yards down the field on EVERY SNAP.....a guard is not worth the 5th pick.....Sorry not sorry.
                      I realize this is hyperbole but he does do this quite often

Comment

Originally posted by PABroncsfan View Post
                        Greg Robinson came out as a LT
                        And was far from a safe prospect. Physically he had all the tools but was super raw and played in a bad scheme

Comment

quinton nelson can pave the way for an average rb 5to score a touchdown.. that is contributing to scoring. you also have to figure he is one of the frew once in a generation prospect i have seen. i can think of alot of QB and rbs that "once in a gneneration" and proved to be decent. i have a few rbs in recent years i'd rate over barkley such as leonard fournette. there will be a few really good ones coming out in the next few eyars. if we can get an elite. then put the rb in place he will look amazing
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                            The reason why most agree you don’t take a OG in the top 10 is bc it’s much easier to find a quality, starting OG later in draft or with undrafted prospects.

Look at the top 10 OGs in the league and where were they taken? QBs, OTs, pass rushers all seem to be top picks and are much harder to find later in the draft.
                            Easier to find quality? Tell that to Elway who can’t draft linemen if it hit him in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
                              Easier to find quality? Tell that to Elway who can’t draft linemen if it hit him in the head.
                              Didn’t he find Paradis? Again, probability much greater to find a OG in mid-late rounds....

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                                Didn’t he find Paradis? Again, probability much greater to find a OG in mid-late rounds....
                                And McGovern, I think he'll turn out to be a good lineman

Comment

Working...
                                X