X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    That's the actual quote from Vance Joseph:

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/spo...-lynchs-future

McGovern has a chance to be our RG, but things change and we have a draft. As you can see, nothing is set in stone there and Joseph left open the possibility of the offensive line suffering changes due to the draft.
    "We've got watson whos trying to get healthy"

Sam will love that one lol
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
      I agree that it would make more sense to trade back and that would be ideal. However, you have to have the Bills actually want to make the trade. We have no clue if they are actually trying to move up or if they even want to go to the 5th spot where all the QBs of their choice would be gone.
      If Tackle are more important than guards why do interior linemen like the ones listed below get paid like tackles do and this doesn’t include Suh or Donaldson yet:

Fletcher Cox $102,600,000 $17,100,000
      Gerald McCoy $95,200,000 $13,600,000
      Marcell Dareus $95,100,000 $15,850,000
      Malik Jackson $85,500,000 $14,250,000
      Kawann Short $80,500,000 $16,100,000
      Geno Atkins $53,327,000 $10,665,400
      Linval Joseph $50,000,000 $12,500,000
      Star Lotulelei $50,000,000 $10,000,000
      Timmy Jernigan $48,000,000 $12,000,000
      Damon Harrison $46,250,000 $9,250,000

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Geez he's still not healthy? Definitely milking that Bronco cash cow, Watson
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
          If Tackle are more important than guards why do interior linemen like the ones listed below get paid like tackles do and this doesn’t include Suh or Donaldson yet:

Fletcher Cox $102,600,000 $17,100,000
          Gerald McCoy $95,200,000 $13,600,000
          Marcell Dareus $95,100,000 $15,850,000
          Malik Jackson $85,500,000 $14,250,000
          Kawann Short $80,500,000 $16,100,000
          Geno Atkins $53,327,000 $10,665,400
          Linval Joseph $50,000,000 $12,500,000
          Star Lotulelei $50,000,000 $10,000,000
          Timmy Jernigan $48,000,000 $12,000,000
          Damon Harrison $46,250,000 $9,250,000
          Don’t know why you responded to my post with that?

Comment

• Originally posted by crp24lbc View Post
            Then u should also be saying that the Oline is okay cuz both Elway and Joesph have said they believe in Conner McGovern as the starting RG going into the season.
            I think what they said was that if practice, TC or the season started now, the five would be Bolles, Leary, Paradis, McGovern and Veldheer. The reason they said that was that these guys started at those spots last year with Veldheer's coming in Arizona. Max got fired as LG as did Menelik who Elway recently said, " ... is the Right Tackle ... ", but that was before they traded for Veldheer.

The above mentioned provisional/tentative five comprise guys who came into the league as: a #20, an UDFA, a #207, a #144 and a #69. There are six backup/depth guys who came into the league as: #42, #44, #66, #67, #133 and #176.

The process of identifying the best five will begin in Spring practices, mini-camps and OTAs continuing into TC and preseason games/scrimmages. Denver will take at least fifteen O-Linemen to TC and that group will probably include a rookie draftee. There will be competition for the five. There will also be a dogfight for the other three, or possibly, four O-Line roster spots.

O-Line coaches' rule-of-thumb is start the best five and shuffle them to their best spots. If one of the five can't go, bring in number six and reshuffle, if necessary. Leary to LG is already a shuffle. More shuffling will be tried since most of these guys play more than one spot.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I think by 2019 that Langley will be ready to assume the #3 CB job, yes. He was always going to be a project when we drafted him. He has all the talent in the world but no clue what to do with it. A couple years of seasoning will do him wonders
              I wonder what kind of seasoning he needs? Salt and pepper? How about green chile?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                Langley?? He should be cut and go to the practice squad. Elway took an "undrafted free agent" in the 3rd round and Marcus Rios, who was not even drafted, ran circles around him.
                Yeah, Elway really muddies the water with all these UDFAs: C.J. Anderson; Zaire Anderson; Shaquil Barrett; Jamal Carter; Jerrol Garcia-Williams; Chris Harris; Marcus Rios; Jordan Taylor; Dymonte Thomas; Elijah Wilkinson.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  I tried getting in tight with some cheerleaders...to see what they knew....but it didn't wok
                  Why? Didn't they know anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Right. :brick:

Maybe he isn't getting the right diet? Perhaps he should return to the UK where he can have fish & chips, bangers and mash, roast dinner and baked beans and spam?

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      Why? Didn't they know anything?
                      Oh, I'm sure they know a LOT!! They just weren't willing to share it with me. Unsure why, they kept calling me Grandpa for some reason.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        Oh, I'm sure they know a LOT!! They just weren't willing to share it with me. Unsure why, they kept calling me Grandpa for some reason.
                        So your a grandpa. It all makes sense now why your a Nelson lover. However, in today's NFL, teams dont draft guards top 5 overall, and those that have lived to regret it.

Comment

So your a grandpa. It all makes sense now why your a Nelson lover. However, in today's NFL, teams dont draft guards top 5 overall, and those that have lived to regret it.
                          I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you correctly. Would you mind repeating that another hundred times, just for clarification?

Comment

Is it because he is the best player in the draft this year???? I hope I'm right, it's hard to remember things lately....I'm just glad you were here to help me learn about football. You young fellers must know a lot more than us old guys.
                            Last edited by broncos SB2010; 03-31-2018, 12:12 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

In 2015 Brandon Sheriff was drafted #5 (now a Guard).
                              In 2013 while not top 5 we saw two guards get picked in the top 10: Jonathan Cooper & Chance Warmack.

I'd say both of those drafts are deemed "today's NFL". I'd also say that in the past few drafts we've started to see a bit of a shift in mentality of the NFL and how they approach offensive game plans. For a few years there we really didn't see a push for RB's to be taken in round 1. Let alone the top 20. In the past few years now we've seen a bit more of a shift it seems in that position as well Gurley, Gordon, Elliott, Fournette & McCaffrey. All taken in the upper picks of round 1. I digress, although only slightly, I think we are starting to see a shift in draft philosophy across the NFL. With the weight of a QB being so critical (plus salary implications) we will continue to see 1st round reaches.That isn't the biggest change though. I think we will start to see other positions go top 5, top 10 simply because they are the best player in the draft. As the top players at their position get paid BIG contracts a rookie salary locked in at a lower number is a savings for a team looking to target a FA player. For example Kelechi Osemele is slated to make about 13 M. So for the top pick in the 2017 NFL draft simply averaging the value his cap number is 7.5 M/ year. Then if you drop to the 5th pick his per year dollar value is 6.25 M. So if you think Nelson can or is as good as one of the top 3-4 at his position and that is a position your team needs now and into the future why wouldn't you grab that? At the rookie deal he'd be saving your team 6.5 million per year. Now the justification for this is clear. In today's NFL the pass rush is no longer JUST from the outside it is also from the inside. IN addition the interior lineman are also the ones you need to allow your team to run up the gut and make your rushing attack multi-dimensional.

So yes in today's NFL there is a justification for an OG to be drafted in the top 5. If and only if he is projecting to be one of the top 2-3 at his position in the NFL. Thus far nearly all reports, film and highlights of Nelson are pointing to him being THAT guy

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                Right. :brick:

Maybe he isn't getting the right diet? Perhaps he should return to the UK where he can have fish & chips, bangers and mash, roast dinner and baked beans and spam?
                                I mean at least the menu sounds good lol.
                                Last edited by duhyaj; 04-02-2018, 09:41 AM.
                                GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X