This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crp24lbc View Post
    So your a grandpa. It all makes sense now why your a Nelson lover. However, in today's NFL, teams dont draft guards top 5 overall, and those that have lived to regret it.
    Hey ,hey, im old enough to be a grandpa there sunny 😲 now let me go get my walker so i can mosey to the kitchen so i can take my Geritol lol.

Comment

• Those who dont want us to get nelson, you may be happy to hear that the giants may pick him at 2, especially after his pro day
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• I seen this little tid bit of info on..........

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...itans-patriots

"Iowa center James Daniels will be visiting with NFL teams this week and the Broncos are on that list, according to Mike Klis of 9News in Denver (on Twitter). Daniels is expected to go near the second round of the upcoming draft. Connor McGovern is currently projected to start at center for the Broncos."

McGovern expected to play center? So does that leave a hole at G again?

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
          Those who dont want us to get nelson, you may be happy to hear that the giants may pick him at 2, especially after his pro day
          Please Please Giants draft Nelson at #2.

Comment

So your a grandpa. It all makes sense now why your a Nelson lover. However, in today's NFL, teams dont draft guards top 5 overall, and those that have lived to regret it.
            Teams didn't use to pay guards much money either, but that's changed in recent years. It seems very much like you're caught up on this only because of the G listed next to his name, you ignore the part of him being the best offensive lineman in the draft. If he was a T and Denver drafted him and moved him to guard after 3 days of camp, would you be better with that? What if we listed him as Nelson OL?

Nelson believes he could play all 5 positions, I'm thinking it's more like 3 (LG,RG,RT) and it so happens that it fits an area of need. By all accounts he's either the best or second best player in the draft, if Denver can't get the QB they want, it seems like a no brainer if he's there.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
              I seen this little tid bit of info on..........

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...itans-patriots

"Iowa center James Daniels will be visiting with NFL teams this week and the Broncos are on that list, according to Mike Klis of 9News in Denver (on Twitter). Daniels is expected to go near the second round of the upcoming draft. Connor McGovern is currently projected to start at center for the Broncos."

McGovern expected to play center? So does that leave a hole at G again?
              james daniels to play center in the second round would be great value i don't think he will be there.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• the fact he would upgrade potentially 3 spots on the line makes him a pick, i mean it potentially with how Veldheer plays. if he can reach his early career form then we may only need a interior guy and a swing guy which should be able to be grabed latter.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

This comment does not make any sense. Only "grandpas" love guards, but today's NFL doesn't? That's a complete contradiction to what's happening in the NFL right now when Andrew Norwell, a guard, just received a 5-year, $66.5 million contract with $30 million guaranteed. A top guard is now being paid like a top offensive tackle. That's today's NFL, "grandson".

The NFL must have a bunch of "grandpas" at GM because you will see the love for guards in this draft. Not only will Nelson go in the top 10 (and probably outperform some players taken ahead of him), but we might see 2 or 3 interior linemen go before the first offensive tackle is off the board.

You are the "voice of reason" who wrote this gem:

Originally posted by crp24lbc View Post
                  Because the NFL has changed from 30 years ago. Absolutely NOTHING that applied to professional football 30 years ago applies today. Was it even legal to throw a forward pass 30 years ago?
                  Dan Marino threw for 4,434 yards 30 years ago in the 1988 season, which would have given him the 4th most passing yards this past season, ahead of Drew Brees. So yes, a lot of things that applied to pro football 30 years ago can be applied today, such as running the ball and protecting the QB.

Not only we have a guard making top-tackle money in the NFL (a product of the disruptive interior pass rushers like Aaron Donald preventing the QB from climbing the pocket), we have a prospect in this draft that might be the highest-rated guard ever.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...4-ogs/aifdvaf/

Nelson isn’t only the best guard in this draft, he might be the highest-rated guard ever! There are few that have his combination of size, strength, power, nastiness and skills.

Nelson was recruited to play tackle at Notre Dame but was moved inside to guard because the Irish had depth at the tackle position. He redshirted as a freshman, then started every game the following three seasons. As a redshirt freshman, he was very good, and then Nelson dominated the last two seasons.

Watching his 2016 film, I was concerned with his weight, as he he was playing at around 350 pounds. He wasn’t fat — just big — but it hurt his mobility. This past season he played at between 330-335 pounds, and then got down to 325 for the combine. If he stays in the 320s, we know he can be an outstanding guard, but he might also be able to play right tackle. That will be up to the team that drafts him. As a player, there is nothing Nelson can’t do. He’s a dominant run blocker, an excellent pass blocker and can play in space on pulls and traps. He starts the day he signs his contract.
                  So, there will be nothing susprising about a team drafting a guard like Nelson in the top 5 in today's NFL.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Nelson is another player who some believe is the best player in the draft, so much so he shatters the don’t-draft-a-guard-that-early narrative because teams have graded very few guards like him. He’s an athletic player who’s a walk-in starter and plays with the kind of edge and finishing ability NFL offensive line coaches search their entire careers to find.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bron...layer-in-draft
                    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                      Nelson is another player who some believe is the best player in the draft, so much so he shatters the don’t-draft-a-guard-that-early narrative because teams have graded very few guards like him. He’s an athletic player who’s a walk-in starter and plays with the kind of edge and finishing ability NFL offensive line coaches search their entire careers to find.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bron...layer-in-draft
                      Yawn!!!! End of the day he's still a guard.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                        Yawn!!!! End of the day he's still a guard.
                        Which is way more valuable than a running back.

Comment

• I’m jumping off the Nelson train. As much as I think he would dominate on the next level and is a sure thing. I’d rather take my chances on Baker, Barkley or trade out of the pick. Their ceiling for impact on our team is much higher and I’ll take that risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                            I’m jumping off the Nelson train. As much as I think he would dominate on the next level and is a sure thing. I’d rather take my chances on Baker, Barkley or trade out of the pick. Their ceiling for impact on our team is much higher and I’ll take that risk.
                            That's what I been saying....guards don't "impact" the game enough to pick in the top 5 in sorry. I need to explain nor show stats it is what it is. When drafting this high you kneed someone who is gonna score TDs or get the ball back to your offense in Which a guard can do mother of them. Now if we trade be 11-20 I'm all for picking him.
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                              That's what I been saying....guards don't "impact" the game enough to pick in the top 5 in sorry. I need to explain nor show stats it is what it is. When drafting this high you kneed someone who is gonna score TDs or get the ball back to your offense in Which a guard can do mother of them. Now if we trade be 11-20 I'm all for picking him.
                              Are you using a speech-to-text app?
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Nelson wouldn't be a difference maker. With Leary back at his natural LG spot and McGovern playing at RG, which he did very well last season, where would Nelson fit? Guard isn't a glaring need on the Oline. Draft Nelson and maybe he's a tad bit better than McGovern or maybe not, point is a guard isn't going to be the dofference between winning and losing.

Comment

Working...
                                X