X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    Are you using a speech-to-text app?
    If he is or isn’t, it doesn’t matter. You can easily understand his point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Narco View Post
      Nelson wouldn't be a difference maker. With Leary back at his natural LG spot and McGovern playing at RG, which he did very well last season, where would Nelson fit? Guard isn't a glaring need on the Oline. Draft Nelson and maybe he's a tad bit better than McGovern or maybe not, point is a guard isn't going to be the dofference between winning and losing.
      Like I said I am not on the Nelson train. But say Nelson is a “tad bit better McGovern or maybe not” is ridiculous. McGovern couldn’t even get a starting spot on a very weak oline. If McGoverb was so good he would have been a day one starter. McGovern is prob just as strong as Nelson. Both are workout warriors. That would be a fair comparison. But Nelson footwork, hands and awareness is clearly better than Connors.

I’m rooting for McGovern to succeed but idk why everyone has seen in him to say he is going to be a very good starter for us yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
        If he is or isn’t, it doesn’t matter. You can easily understand his point.
        Actually, yeah, it does matter. If I'm reading his post correctly then the quote he is responding to directly contradicts what he just said. That makes me wonder if I'm missing a point that he's trying to make or if I should just ignore what he's saying because he's not really putting any effort into communicating clearly.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Like I said I am not on the Nelson train. But say Nelson is a “tad bit better McGovern or maybe not” is ridiculous. McGovern couldn’t even get a starting spot on a very weak oline. If McGoverb was so good he would have been a day one starter. McGovern is prob just as strong as Nelson. Both are workout warriors. That would be a fair comparison. But Nelson footwork, hands and awareness is clearly better than Connors.

I’m rooting for McGovern to succeed but idk why everyone has seen in him to say he is going to be a very good starter for us yet?
          It's too early to say if he'll be good or not, but McGovern is sill very young and has improved tangibly over his first two seasons. Right now he's an average starting guard, there's also the very real possibility he continues to improve; many players make significant jumps in their abilities around their third season. Based on his improvement thus far, adding in a possible year of starting in 2018, I really have high hopes for McGregor(and Bolles too).

Comment

Actually, yeah, it does matter. If I'm reading his post correctly then the quote he is responding to directly contradicts what he just said. That makes me wonder if I'm missing a point that he's trying to make or if I should just ignore what he's saying because he's not really putting any effort into communicating clearly.
            How so? The poster he quoted essentially said he would rather take Mayfield or Barkley over Nelson, then e2ds said he agreed and that instead of a guard he wants someone who will score TDs(Mayfield/Barkley, like the poster he quoted said) or directly prevent TDs(defender).

Comment

Lmao alright bro. Clearly he states that guards aren’t impact players. We need someone that can score TDs or get the ball back for us. The sentence you are referring to obviously is a typo and if you read the whole post instead of that one sentence you’d get the message. Come on, we both know you were just trying to call him out to poke fun or embarrass him. That message wasn’t encrypted. Lol

Comment

Are you using a speech-to-text app?
                You get what I'm saying...
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• There’s a saying, “You can find someone to haul the mail so long as the road is well paved.”

I think Nelson would be an excellent pick. How many posts on this forum have criticized the Broncos OL over the past 2-3 seasons - 1000, 5000, 10,000? Not sure however there has been a consistent theme of poor OL play including Guard.

A great line, like the Washington group in 1991, can give a mediocre signal caller like Mark Rypien enough time to look like a Hall of Famer.

Adding Nelson could go a long way toward building an excellent line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                    There’s a saying, “You can find someone to haul the mail so long as the road is well paved.”

I think Nelson would be an excellent pick. How many posts on this forum have criticized the Broncos OL over the past 2-3 seasons - 1000, 5000, 10,000? Not sure however there has been a consistent theme of poor OL play including Guard.

A great line, like the Washington group in 1991, can give a mediocre signal caller like Mark Rypien enough time to look like a Hall of Famer.

Adding Nelson could go a long way toward building an excellent line.
                    I can say the opposite and work as well. A great QB can even make bad oline look great. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Rivers, Big Ben early in his career have all had real bad olines at some point in their careers but they find ways whether is reading the defense better or quick releases.

Comment

Lmao alright bro. Clearly he states that guards aren’t impact players. We need someone that can score TDs or get the ball back for us. The sentence you are referring to obviously is a typo and if you read the whole post instead of that one sentence you’d get the message. Come on, we both know you were just trying to call him out to poke fun or embarrass him. That message wasn’t encrypted. Lol
                      I get it all the time lol.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

OK, I'm going to use you as my Ear2dastreets interpreter then.

Comment

I can say the opposite and work as well. A great QB can even make bad oline look great. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Rivers, Big Ben early in his career have all had real bad olines at some point in their careers but they find ways whether is reading the defense better or quick releases.
                          Peyton Manning's infamous quote after the Colts' loss to Pittsburgh in the 2005 playoffs: "I'm trying to be a good teammate here. Let's just say we had some problems in protection."

I agree the great ones can overcome a poor line. How often do quarterbacks like Brady and Manning come around? Not often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                            You get what I'm saying...
                            I read that and all I came away with was, "Quenton Nelson is a god among men."

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                              Peyton Manning's infamous quote after the Colts' loss to Pittsburgh in the 2005 playoffs: "I'm trying to be a good teammate here. Let's just say we had some problems in protection."

I agree the great ones can overcome a poor line. How often do quarterbacks like Brady and Manning come around? Not often.
                              Manning was a perfectionist. Of course he wants everyone on that offense to be perfect and when they aren’t he was known for calling them out. But he still made them look better. You say how often do Brady and Manning’s come around but ignored that I gave more examples besides Brady and Manning. There are even QBs that I feel like who if were on a bad oline they would still excel like Wentz and even Newton has from time to time but also got punished because he holds it too long or doesn’t slid. Andrew Luck was killing it for 3 years with prob the worst Oline. However, the colts decide to not even bother to help him in those years and he eventually got hurt because of that and trying to do too much.

I’m not saying ignore the oline. I know it’s a problem. I see Denver has slowly been working on it. And still can in this draft but I’ll take the potential game changer over the 1 of 5 piece of the oline
                              Last edited by Murph2432; 04-07-2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

OK, I'm going to use you as my Ear2dastreets interpreter then.
                                Or you can just read it yourself and use common sense when reading it.

Comment

Working...
                                X