This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    By your logic an OT isn't worth it since they dont get the ball back or get sacks. Which you said it wouldn't be an issue if we take one....
    I said guard....a tackle is more important than a guard....I only talking about guard....again he won't be drafted in top 5.
    In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
      I said guard....a tackle is more important than a guard....I only talking about guard....again he won't be drafted in top 5.
      I agree. Nelson will not be a top 5 pick.

Comment

• Nelson won't be a top-5 pick because at least 3 of the top-5 picks will be QBs. However, Nelson is widely considered one of the top-3 players in this draft along with Barkley and Chubb. There is a chance Barkey or Chubb won't go in the top 5 as well because of the QB frenzy.

In 2015, 2 QBs went #1 and #2 and Brandon Scherff, projected as an NFL guard, went #5 overall to play guard for Washington. Nelson is a former tackle, built like a tackle, one of the rare linemen that are really big but not fat, dominated when moved to guard and can play both positions. Even if he won't be taken in the top 5, he should, based on the best players available.

So, in a few years, it will be interesting to compare Nelson to the other players drafted before him.

If Bradley Chubb is not there at #5, Nelson would be my pick. Barkley would be the other option.
        sigpic

Comment

Yawn!!!! End of the day he's still a guard.
          This is the greatest post I have ever seen on these boards!!!!!!!

Comment

By your own argument they are not. They dont sack or score points, and will never be OPOY.
            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
              I agree. Nelson will not be a top 5 pick.
              You're probably right, he'll go at 6 to the Colts

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                By your logic an OT isn't worth it since they dont get the ball back or get sacks. Which you said it wouldn't be an issue if we take one....
                Ok, outside of tackle.....

Comment

• Originally posted by crp24lbc View Post
                  This is the greatest post I have ever seen on these boards!!!!!!!
                  I would agree too.

Comment

I would agree too.
                    I wouldn't doubt that you run both accounts of ear2dastreets and crp24lbc because you both write the same and have the same opinion on everything.

Nelson is the best o line prospect since 2000. To act like it is a waste of a pick shows how little you know. The Broncos would be blessed to land a prospect of his caliber.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      You're probably right, he'll go at 6 to the Colts
                      Maybe. I would see them taking Chubb/Barkley before him. Maybe even someone like Vea or Fitz too

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                        I wouldn't doubt that you run both accounts of ear2dastreets and crp24lbc because you both write the same and have the same opinion on everything.

Nelson is the best o line prospect since 2000. To act like it is a waste of a pick shows how little you know. The Broncos would be blessed to land a prospect of his caliber.
                        Lol
                        Agreed

Comment

• Originally posted by saltysnipes View Post
                          lol
                          agreed
                          Originally posted by jw7 View Post
                          i wouldn't doubt that you run both accounts of ear2dastreets and crp24lbc because you both write the same and have the same opinion on everything.

Nelson is the best o line prospect since 2000. To act like it is a waste of a pick shows how little you know. The broncos would be blessed to land a prospect of his caliber.
                          bahahahahahaha....
                          I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

• People are comparing Nelson to Larry Allen (11 pro bowls).

I’d take him over Chubb. Chubb doesn’t look quick enough or nimble enough to be s true pass rusher. I’m guessing he’s Derek Wolfe 2.0 (which is good but not worth a top 10 pick).

I wouldn’t take Barkley in the first round because he’s a running back and because I don’t think he’s even going to be that dominant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                              I’d take him over Chubb. Chubb doesn’t look quick enough or nimble enough to be s true pass rusher. I’m guessing he’s Derek Wolfe 2.0 (which is good but not worth a top 10 pick).
                              Chubb broke Mario Williams' all-time sack record at NC State. 26 sacks in 3 seasons. He's 269 pounds and runs a 4.6, he's an edge player. Derek Wolfe was a defensive tackle in college and weighs at least 290-300 pounds, he's an interior lineman.

Chubb is more like Khalil Mack.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                                Chubb broke Mario Williams' all-time sack record at NC State. 26 sacks in 3 seasons. He's 269 pounds and runs a 4.6, he's an edge player. Derek Wolfe was a defensive tackle in college and weighs at least 290-300 pounds, he's an interior lineman.

Chubb is more like Khalil Mack.
                                I think he is somewhere in the middle between those two.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X