X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam_Z
    replied
    If y’all could have a combo of Quenton Nelson + Isaiah Oliver
    Or Denzel Ward + Will Hernandez, who do you take?

I heard a rumor this morning, I don’t know how it could happen without trading the 5th pick but I heard if the Broncos drafted Nelson at 5, they would then trade back into the first for Oliver which would be a dream scenario.

I’ve also heard the broncos could trade down but remain in the top 10 to draft Ward and then Hernandez at 40.

Personally I do not believe Hernandez will be available at 40 but I do agree that Denver has two extreme needs outside of RB and that is OT & CB. I understand that we need an OT but I do not want to miss out on Ward or Oliver if either is on the board when we pick!!!!

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    So here is my Reason to Draft Q. Nelson ! Q. Nelson would be an automatic upgrade for our O-Line which has been needed since 2013 I think it has been way to long since Denver has addressed the O-Line and with the Drafting of Bolles Last Year and with the hope of Drafting Nelson I have visions of our O-Line being as dominant as Dallas's O-Line a few years back. That is my REASON.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Looks like Peanut's got lots of cleaning to do on this thread :-/

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by NVthosebroncos
    I’m a OL coach at UC and I wouldn’t want us to take Nelson at 5. So tell me what do i watch?
    That isn't the question. not wanting to take him and thinking he can't be an impact player are different. i understand positional value is low for an OG but that doesn't mean he isn't still an excellent prospect who can make an impact.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-16-2018, 11:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kansas Bob
    replied
    I really like Nelson but I keep remembering '89 when many people were talking that Tony Mandarich was the best OT to every come out of college too! He was great in college but couldn't cut it with the Packers. Was it lack of coaching in the pros or just lack of talent? Sometimes it just happens.
    Myself, I would rather trade down if the opportunity arises.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    I’d love to get Nelson at #5 but my prediction is that Elway wouldn’t pull the trigger.

I think he has the old school belief that you can get o-linemen late in the draft, which is a mistake.

My guess is that the decision tree goes like this in order of preference:

1. Darnold or Mayfield
    2. Trade down
    3. Chubb
    4. Ward
    5. Fitzpatrick

My tree would be:

1. Darnold or Mayfield
    2. Bills trade down
    3. Nelson
    4. Chubb
    5. Less spectacular trade down (only one first this year)
    6. Ward
    7. Fitzpatrick
    i feel like rosen may be up there with the other QBs

my tree would look like this
    Darnold
    Rosen
    Nelson
    Mayfield
    trade down getting a boatlood of picks(multiple first and seconds from a team
    Chubb

Leave a comment:

• Jonny_Quest
    replied
    I’d love to get Nelson at #5 but my prediction is that Elway wouldn’t pull the trigger.

I think he has the old school belief that you can get o-linemen late in the draft, which is a mistake.

My guess is that the decision tree goes like this in order of preference:

1. Darnold or Mayfield
    2. Trade down
    3. Chubb
    4. Ward
    5. Fitzpatrick

My tree would be:

1. Darnold or Mayfield
    2. Bills trade down
    3. Nelson
    4. Chubb
    5. Less spectacular trade down (only one first this year)
    6. Ward
    7. Fitzpatrick
    Last edited by Jonny_Quest; 04-15-2018, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by colowoz View Post
    NO ! if Chubb is available at #5, this would be a major move. Von is going on 30, someone to groom and keep the foundation of the Defense Great.

If our # 1 QB is on the board at # 2 , Don't hesitate to trade with the Giants.

If we are fortunate to draft Chubb, I expect a move to trade back into Round 1. Likely candidate is Seatle with pick # 18 who we should target, Hernandez or Wynn. This gives us a top Offensive lineman.
    If you are looking for Von Miller's eventual replacement then we would be better off taking Nelson at 5 and then moving back into the 1st to take Harold Landry instead of taking Chubb.

Leave a comment:

• colowoz
    replied
    NO ! if Chubb is available at #5, this would be a major move. Von is going on 30, someone to groom and keep the foundation of the Defense Great.

If our # 1 QB is on the board at # 2 , Don't hesitate to trade with the Giants.

If we are fortunate to draft Chubb, I expect a move to trade back into Round 1. Likely candidate is Seatle with pick # 18 who we should target, Hernandez or Wynn. This gives us a top Offensive lineman.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    We will just agree to disagree. And that's fine. I just never would pick a guard in top 5.....I need and impact player.
    and that's where we disagree. I think Nelson is the biggest impact player in the draft, outside of a QB.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Please remember that everyone is entitled to their opinions.Discuss if you disagree, but don't make it personal. This is not the Smack forum.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    And there are others who feel like drafting the best offensive lineman to fix the o-line, giving the backs more room and the QBs more time, gives that impact.
    Exactly hence I said we can agree to disagree. Bc we all have our own opinion on him.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Bc we have a QB .....and you don't take a guard that high...sorry.
    If there as good as Nelson you do. He is best guard prospect this century. And you just don't see guards as good as him coming out of college

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If you're going to point out what you see is flaws, don't get upset when people dispute those flaws or when they put those flaws into context. As you've said it's opinion, you have one, others may have different ones.
    I'm far from upset....it's the main reason why I don't post stats bc there will always be comebacks on both parties. That's why I just say how I feel and keep it moving.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    We will just agree to disagree. And that's fine. I just never would pick a guard in top 5.....I need and impact player.
    And there are others who feel like drafting the best offensive lineman to fix the o-line, giving the backs more room and the QBs more time, gives that impact.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X