This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Also,.,simple caveman question: why are we picking at 40 and 71 rather than 37 and 69?

How did we get pushed down?
    There are four teams with a 5-11 record. They rotate. Denver lucked out and got #5.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Thanks for clarifying. Good to know we might already have backup depth.

Both McShay and Kiper have Kolton Miller and Orlando Brown available at 40. That would be pretty sweet though I don’t believe that will happen.
      It's hard to predict where Orlando Brown will go. The scouting reports vary widely. Before the Combine, some had him in the first round. He could go as late as the third. Miller may be gone by #40.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        Still the best reason to draft Nelson....He is the most consistent and most dominant player at his position in the entire draft. He is the type of player that would be at the top of the draft each and every year. That is the type of player you want at #5.
        Exellent point!
        GO BRONCO'S !!!!! :lombardi::lombardi::lombardi:

Comment

• Simple reason, you can get a Hernandez, Daniels, Price, Wynn etc at 40 and a QB ideally at 5.

Dont know how simple it can get as to why you dont take Nelson that high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tbrendal View Post
            Exellent point!
            To bad he's a guard.....yea he is a great run blocker.....but is gonna struggle with quick dt and de.
            In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
              To bad he's a guard.....yea he is a great run blocker.....but is gonna struggle with quick dt and de.
              It only seems to matter to you that he is a guard. Also, he allowed only 5 pressures last year playing a tough Notre Dame schedule. That is pressures, not sacks. I don't foresee him being a liability in pass protection at all.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                Simple reason, you can get a Hernandez, Daniels, Price, Wynn etc at 40 and a QB ideally at 5.

Got to disagree. I get your logic about the G...and I really like every G you listed, a lot, I wish the T class was this loaded...but you lost me at the draft QB at 5. I love Nelson, but with Chubb, Barkley and Ward, I think any of those would be more improvement than risking it on 3rd or 4th best QB who will sit the bench 1-2 years....and whichever QB we have fallen for....we haven't shown to be a franchise to bring along drafted QBs now. Waste of a pick if we pick QB at 5. Draft someone that can produce now and live off the FA QBs while our D is still somewhat in tact.
                New England Patriots GM

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                  It only seems to matter to you that he is a guard. Also, he allowed only 5 pressures last year playing a tough Notre Dame schedule. That is pressures, not sacks. I don't foresee him being a liability in pass protection at all.
                  Ok we shall see.
                  In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

Ok we shall see.
                    So you make a statement that he will struggle in pass protection, I give you stats that he was the 2nd best guard in the country for pressures allowed and your reply is "Ok we shall see." If you're going to call out a player at least back it up with some sort of evidence.
                    sigpic

Comment

He hasn't allowed his QB to be tounched in 2.5 years. I am unsure why you think he will struggle in pass protection.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        Simple reason, you can get a Hernandez, Daniels, Price, Wynn etc at 40 and a QB ideally at 5.

And what if they don't want one of the QBs available at 5? Why not just take Lauletta as a QB in the 3rd? The same reasoning applies to the QBs. I don't think any of those other OGs are in Nelson's class.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          And what if they don't want one of the QBs available at 5? Why not just take Lauletta as a QB in the 3rd? The same reasoning applies to the QBs. I don't think any of those other OGs are in Nelson's class.
                          Say we’re on the clock and Rosen or Allen are still available, and the Bills offer 12, 22, two second rounders and a third.

Do you still take Nelson?

Comment

Say we’re on the clock and Rosen or Allen are still available, and the Bills offer 12, 22, two second rounders and a third.

In a perfect world, you take that trade and get back into the top 10 to take Nelson.
                            sigpic

Comment

That's a tough question for me. I definitely take Darnold over Nelson...maybe Rosen or Allen, but not Mayfield. The thing with QBs is they are so important to a team, but if you draft one high and they bust it can set a team back years. Yes, other positions can bust but the investment in time and development isn't the same.

And Nelson can bust, but it isn't likely. Players that are considered "great" by the consensus of draft gurus almost always work out. There isn't a single draft expert that thinks Nelson has any real weaknesses.

Darnold is the only player I would for sure take over Nelson. I "may" take Rosen, Allen or Chubb, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm glad I don't have to make the decision.

I do know one thing...the one player in this draft I'd hate for the Raiders to draft at #10 is Nelson. I sure don't want us to have to play against him twice a year for the next 12-15 seasons.

Comment

but is gonna struggle with quick dt and de.
                                And what evidence do you have to support this claim? You're just stating this because you have no intention of trying to prove your statement...

Comment

Working...
                                X