X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Peanut's got lots of cleaning to do on this thread :-/
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• So here is my Reason to Draft Q. Nelson ! Q. Nelson would be an automatic upgrade for our O-Line which has been needed since 2013 I think it has been way to long since Denver has addressed the O-Line and with the Drafting of Bolles Last Year and with the hope of Drafting Nelson I have visions of our O-Line being as dominant as Dallas's O-Line a few years back. That is my REASON.

Comment

• If y’all could have a combo of Quenton Nelson + Isaiah Oliver
        Or Denzel Ward + Will Hernandez, who do you take?

I heard a rumor this morning, I don’t know how it could happen without trading the 5th pick but I heard if the Broncos drafted Nelson at 5, they would then trade back into the first for Oliver which would be a dream scenario.

I’ve also heard the broncos could trade down but remain in the top 10 to draft Ward and then Hernandez at 40.

Personally I do not believe Hernandez will be available at 40 but I do agree that Denver has two extreme needs outside of RB and that is OT & CB. I understand that we need an OT but I do not want to miss out on Ward or Oliver if either is on the board when we pick!!!!

Comment

• Nelson and oliver hands down for me.

No offense NV but just saying your a coach means little to me. Your the paid professional. Why not tell us what you see that would make you not want to draft him? If you start talking x's and o's then thats one thing, just my opinion though. I mean this in the least snarky way possible.....
          Last edited by armedequation; 04-16-2018, 02:17 PM.
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            If y’all could have a combo of Quenton Nelson + Isaiah Oliver

I heard a rumor this morning, I don’t know how it could happen without trading the 5th pick but I heard if the Broncos drafted Nelson at 5, they would then trade back into the first for Oliver which would be a dream scenario.

I’ve also heard the broncos could trade down but remain in the top 10 to draft Ward and then Hernandez at 40.

Personally I do not believe Hernandez will be available at 40 but I do agree that Denver has two extreme needs outside of RB and that is OT & CB. I understand that we need an OT but I do not want to miss out on Ward or Oliver if either is on the board when we pick!!!!
            That’s easy one Nelson and Oliver.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              i feel like rosen may be up there with the other QBs

my tree would look like this
              Darnold
              Rosen
              Nelson
              Mayfield
              trade down getting a boatlood of picks(multiple first and seconds from a team
              Chubb
              Elway has expressed public concern over Rosen's Injury history.

This makes me think that Elway wouldn’t draft him. Could be a smokescreen, though.

My take is that if you’re struggling to stay healthy in your early 20s, that’s unlikely to improve with age.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                I really like Nelson but I keep remembering '89 when many people were talking that Tony Mandarich was the best OT to every come out of college too! He was great in college but couldn't cut it with the Packers. Was it lack of coaching in the pros or just lack of talent? Sometimes it just happens.
                Myself, I would rather trade down if the opportunity arises.
                Many differences between Mandarich and Nelson, with many red flags before Mandarich was drafted. 1. He's Canadian (we're a shifty bunch) 2. He missed public appearances leading up to the draft due to being drunk or hungover. 3. He was working on being a "colourful character" as shown in SI, rather than being a great o-lineman. 4. He started referring to Green Bay as a village. 4. He held out until the regular season began and then had attitude issues from the start insisting the coaching staff changes to cater to his personality rather than him having to listen to them. 5. Mandarich later admitted to both work ethic issues as well as being on steroids. 6. Mandarich also had substance abuse issues.

Final point about Mandarich, after he came back and signed with the Colts he had 3 solid seasons with them, starting every game in 1997, a shoulder injury forced his retirement in 1998.

The comparisons between Mandarich and Nelson appear to be that they are o-lineman (although Mandarich was a tackle) and that many had them rated extremely high going into the draft. However it appears that's where the comparisons end, because there's no sign that Nelson has any of the above 1-6 issues that Mandarich had.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                  Please remember that everyone is entitled to their opinions.Discuss if you disagree, but don't make it personal. This is not the Smack forum.

Thank you.
                  Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  Looks like Peanut's got lots of cleaning to do on this thread :-/
                  I knew I heard my name.

Cleaning.

EDIT: Cleaned. Second time for me. If it happens a third time, I'll get your attention in a different way.
                  Last edited by Peanut; 04-16-2018, 04:49 PM.
                  Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                    I really like Nelson but I keep remembering '89 when many people were talking that Tony Mandarich was the best OT to every come out of college too! He was great in college but couldn't cut it with the Packers. Was it lack of coaching in the pros or just lack of talent? Sometimes it just happens.
                    Myself, I would rather trade down if the opportunity arises.
                    Nelson's as good of prospect there is, as safe of a pick to be an All-Pro for the next 10 years.

I'd rather go elsewhere but he is great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      If y’all could have a combo of Quenton Nelson + Isaiah Oliver

Hernandez and Ward considering we would still have both our 2nds in this scenario we deal with Buffalo along with double 3's, 4's and 5's.

We'd have to move some capital to get back into the 1st.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        Nelson's as good of prospect there is, as safe of a pick to be an All-Pro for the next 10 years.

I'd rather go elsewhere but he is great.
                        For me it's down to Nelson or a trade down for Ward and Hernandez. Plus all the extra pieces.
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                          Elway has expressed public concern over Rosen's Injury history.

This makes me think that Elway wouldn’t draft him. Could be a smokescreen, though.

My take is that if you’re struggling to stay healthy in your early 20s, that’s unlikely to improve with age.
                          that is just my personal take. i think he will end up being the second best QB if not the best QB in this draft. he has everything and more you look about. the only thing that is worrying is his injury history which could be chalked up to a bad o-line. i feel if we do take a QB i would like to sit them and while we build and make sure we have an o-line that will give them protection before putting them on the field
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• If so many people want him at pick 5

Why wouldn’t clev take him at 4 esp losing Thomas

Comment

• Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                              If so many people want him at pick 5

Why wouldn’t clev take him at 4 esp losing Thomas
                              they already have 2 good og in bitonio and zeitler
                              sigpic

Comment

• This is what Allbright tweeted based on what hes hearing right now

If I had to guess today...

1. Browns - Darnold
                                2. Giants - Barkley
                                3. Jets - Mayfield
                                4. Browns - Chubb
                                5. Bills - Allen
                                6. Colts - Nelson

Also said our targets would be Denzel Ward and Will Hernandez with the 2 1sts.
                                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Working...
                                X