X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Wishful thinking. Lol can't wait. I screen shot this just to repost that we WON'T take Nelson at 5 nor will he be a top 5.
    I really can't understand why you would want anyone other than a QB over Nelson.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    This is a very good breakdown of Quenton Nelson from one of my favorite football analysis youtube channels. The type of person he is, what he went through to become so good at his position, and where he came from. Those of you who like Nelson as a prospect will enjoy this breakdown:

I can understand wanting/taking a QB over Nelson but any other position/player? Not in this draft, especially a RB.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I look forward to having the other 31 teams be upset they didnt get him
    Wishful thinking. Lol can't wait. I screen shot this just to repost that we WON'T take Nelson at 5 nor will he be a top 5.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Maybe, but some team will be lucky to have him. I wish him well on any of the other 31 teams that may pick him.
    I look forward to having the other 31 teams be upset they didnt get him

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    https://www.theringer.com/2018/4/5/1...-top-five-pick

What makes Nelson truly terrifying—especially for back-seven defensive players—is how well he moves in space. For a big man, he makes pulling to the second level look effortless. Take this play from the Irish’s 20-19 loss to Georgia in September. Nelson pulls from his left guard spot, hunkers down, and sends an unfortunate slot cornerback airborne. Nelson locking onto a defensive back in the open field is reminiscent of a great white shark targeting a helpless seal. One is a perfect machine of destruction; the other doesn’t see what’s coming until it’s too late.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    There is a difference in pointing out flaws, and making up deficiencies.
    Maybe, but some team will be lucky to have him. I wish him well on any of the other 31 teams that may pick him.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Ok all of you are right. He is the best linemen in NFL history. Perfect with no flaws.....heck let's let him skip the NFL and go striaght to the HOF....Why waste his time taking one snap in the nfl?
    There is a difference in pointing out flaws, and making up deficiencies.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong but I've only ever heard the term "setting the edge" when it comes to defensive players, or on special teams when a player has contain. You don't want an o-lineman to set the edge, you want him to provide a block which gives your back a chance to read that and cut off of it. Whether that's blocking a player in or sealing him out doesn't matter so much as he's making the block. And preferably you'd like him to power through his block and keep going.

If the biggest knock on him is that he dips his head too fast in open space, that means we're talking about a really excellent lineman. Usually o-lineman have issues in footwork, strength, ability to anchor etc. Dipping his head too soon in open space is a minor minor problem, and that can be coached out of him quickly.
    Ok all of you are right. He is the best linemen in NFL history. Perfect with no flaws.....heck let's let him skip the NFL and go striaght to the HOF....Why waste his time taking one snap in the nfl?

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    This is a very good breakdown of Quenton Nelson from one of my favorite football analysis youtube channels. The type of person he is, what he went through to become so good at his position, and where he came from. Those of you who like Nelson as a prospect will enjoy this breakdown:

him being compared to osemele and we saw how well osemele did in a musgrave style offense so thats a +

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by Rancid View Post
    Just like the last 2-seasons, opposing defenses load the box and dare Siemian/Keenum to beat them with the pass to a mediocre receiving corps led by two receivers over 30.
    ideally we could bring in a functional swing tackle so we could do 6-oline like musgrave liked to do in oakland but i think that interior would still be able to open holes big enough they couldn't stop us. i mean thats not gonna change next year regardless? we don't need a high WR more rotational depth alot of the better slots are mid to late round guys.

i am seeing james washington, micheal gallup, christen kirk and anothony miller listed as 2-3 round WR if any of them drop to late teh second or our pick in the third they would be a good a addition to our group.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 04-14-2018, 11:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    I stand corrected I look at a partial stat.....275 by their starter and you add the back up ok...still don't change how I feel......plus weak.l pull game not setting the edge....dipping his head to fast when he is in open space.....
    Maybe I'm wrong but I've only ever heard the term "setting the edge" when it comes to defensive players, or on special teams when a player has contain. You don't want an o-lineman to set the edge, you want him to provide a block which gives your back a chance to read that and cut off of it. Whether that's blocking a player in or sealing him out doesn't matter so much as he's making the block. And preferably you'd like him to power through his block and keep going.

If the biggest knock on him is that he dips his head too fast in open space, that means we're talking about a really excellent lineman. Usually o-lineman have issues in footwork, strength, ability to anchor etc. Dipping his head too soon in open space is a minor minor problem, and that can be coached out of him quickly.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Id be so happy id get a nelson jersey. Last jersey i got was john lynch ( i dont get out much)

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied
    Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    Nelson is one best prospects in last several decades as offensive line man go. I’d be thrilled if Denver picked him 5th.
    Oh trust me...I would be jumping up in the air, spilling beer on myself if we grab him. Just saying.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Nelson is one best prospects in last several decades as offensive line man go. I’d be thrilled if Denver picked him 5th.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X