This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Using a scale that combines position value, and what you can possibly get out of a pick I'd say their value is:

Baker=Brees: 100%
    Allen=Wentz: 100%
    Chubb=Miller: 95%
    Fitz=Earl Thomas: 90%
    McGlinchy=Joe Thomas: 90%
    Nelson=Martin 80%
    Barkley=Bell 55%
    One of the craziest thing in ever saw....anyone who believes this list is.......... smh
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
      One of the craziest thing in ever saw....anyone who believes this list is.......... smh
      I’m assuming smh is short for studious, methodical, and highly intelligent.

Pittsburgh without Roethlisberger is probably a 7-9 or 6-10 team.

Pittsburgh without Bell is still a 10-6 or 11-5 team.

Running backs...they just aren’t all that valuable.

Comment

I’m assuming smh is short for studious, methodical, and highly intelligent.

Pittsburgh without Roethlisberger is probably a 7-9 or 6-10 team.

Pittsburgh without Bell is still a 10-6 or 11-5 team.

Running backs...they just aren’t all that valuable.
        Yet another opinion from how you feel....smh....Meaning looking at your post "shaking my head" at the crazy crap.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Using a scale that combines position value, and what you can possibly get out of a pick I'd say their value is:

Baker=Brees: 100%
          Allen=Wentz: 100%
          Chubb=Miller: 95%
          Fitz=Earl Thomas: 90%
          McGlinchy=Joe Thomas: 90%
          Nelson=Martin 80%
          Barkley=Bell 55%
          Come on now, ur blinded by ur love for Nelson. OG is one of the least valuable position in the NFL. If they were so valuable they be picked High in the 1st round ever year.

Look at the past 5 years
          2016 Joshua Garnett
          2015 Brandon Schreff, Laken Tomlinson
          2014 Zack Martin
          2013 Jonathan Cooper, Chance Warmack, Kyle Long
          2 Studs- Martin & Schreff, Long is avg the others are BUST. 2 playoff appearance as a starters.

2017 Fournette, McCaffrey
          2016 Zeke
          2015 Gurley, Gordon
          All studs that we wish played for our Team. 4 of 5 played in the playoffs and all played good.

1st round RBs are on the come back.
          "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

• Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
            Come on now, ur blinded by ur love for Nelson. OG is one of the least valuable position in the NFL. If they were so valuable they be picked High in the 1st round ever year.

Look at the past 5 years
            2016 Joshua Garnett
            2014 Zack Martin
            2 Studs- Martin & Schreff, Long is avg the others are BUST. 2 playoff appearance as a starters.

2016 Zeke
            2015 Gurley, Gordon
            All studs that we wish played for our Team. 4 of 5 played in the playoffs and all played good.

kyle long has been a stud on a bad team. easily there best o-linemen
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              kyle long has been a stud on a bad team. easily there best o-linemen
              He had a good 3 years to start but has fallen off mostly due to injury. Hes avg at best now.

Comment

Look at the past 5 years
                2016 Joshua Garnett
                2014 Zack Martin

2016 Zeke
                2015 Gurley, Gordon

There were only 2 taken last year in the first and there were several taken in later rounds the same year that performed arguably better than #4 fornette and definetly better than #8 McCaffrey reinforcing the thought that you can wait and grab good backs later. The previous year I think a 4th or 5th round pick was the best back of that class. This year maybe 2 will go on the first round. You have to have an exceptional skill set to be a 1st round running back. I don’t think 1st round backs are making a comeback.

Edit:somehow forgot about zeke. But Jordan Howard was a 5th round pick that same year.
                Last edited by shawinkerpoppin; 01-14-2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Look at the past 5 years
                  2016 Joshua Garnett
                  2014 Zack Martin

2016 Zeke
                  2015 Gurley, Gordon

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I still think Nelson is probably the safest pick, especially based on the hit rates SB2010 posted up thread.

I also think one year of multiple high pick running backs in the playoffs might be too small of a sample size to claim a sea change in draft philosophy.

What if Gurley, Fournette, Elliott and McCaffrey all miss the playoffs next year? Will you still feel the same?

Comment

I still think Nelson is probably the safest pick, especially based on the hit rates SB2010 posted up thread.

I also think one year of multiple high pick running backs in the playoffs might be too small of a sample size to claim a sea change in draft philosophy.

What if Gurley, Fournette, Elliott and McCaffrey all miss the playoffs next year? Will you still feel the same?
                    Safest isn't always a guarantee, I think he is a damn good player too, but NFL doesn't value OGs if they did Colts or Giants would draft him. If he was a LT with all the same hype he'd go top 3 without a doubt. NFL is filled with starting OGs drafted 3rd round and later. We hired a good OL coach, supposedly, that will do good things for McGovern and Leary. RT is the hole on the O-line And Explosivesness is non-existent on offense for the Broncos. QB, OT, & RB are the only options for them in the 1st-3rd rounds of the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      So true. Any mock before free agency is not even innuendo.... the picture becomes clearer when you see what needs are addressed before the draft. More so this year bc DEN cannot live with their current QB play.

If DEN gets a Keenum, Cousins or Bridgewater I’m free agency then they might not draft a QB early.... if they can’t get a QB, there will be 1 taken in the first 2 picks.
                      Bridgewater wouldnt make them not draft a QB high, not with his knees.

Cousins would be a short and long-term solution. Keenum probably stays in Minnesota until they get a long-term solution.

Comment

• I’ve said it before and I will say it again. Elway isn’t drafting a Guard at #5. It’s not going to happen. We can slide Watson down inside and have Leary, McGovern, and Watson as our guards and be just fine.
                        Billy Price from Ohio St is just as good as Nelson. He was an All-American at Guard and also as a center. I would be all about us drafting this guy in round 2 or even moving up a little to get him.
                        I don’t think we will focus on the interior of the line, we will get a Tackle early, but not a Guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                          I’ve said it before and I will say it again. Elway isn’t drafting a Guard at #5. It’s not going to happen. We can slide Watson down inside and have Leary, McGovern, and Watson as our guards and be just fine.
                          Billy Price from Ohio St is just as good as Nelson. He was an All-American at Guard and also as a center. I would be all about us drafting this guy in round 2 or even moving up a little to get him.
                          I don’t think we will focus on the interior of the line, we will get a Tackle early, but not a Guard.
                          He probably doesn't at 5 IMO, but Price is not as good as nelson.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                            There were only 2 taken last year in the first and there were several taken in later rounds the same year that performed arguably better than #4 fornette and definetly better than #8 McCaffrey reinforcing the thought that you can wait and grab good backs later. The previous year I think a 4th or 5th round pick was the best back of that class. This year maybe 2 will go on the first round. You have to have an exceptional skill set to be a 1st round running back. I don’t think 1st round backs are making a comeback.

Edit:somehow forgot about zeke. But Jordan Howard was a 5th round pick that same year.
                            She

With EVERY position you can say that....get real.
                            Forget all this crap..in the last 18 years how many guards have been take in the top 5????? I'll wait....

As of late the rds that has been taken has done pretty good on their team...

I can't believe we have a thread about picking a FREAKING GUARD WITH THE fifth pick of the draft...

Elway does that....we really need to clean house starting with elway himself.

Comment

OR JUST MAYBE OR... like Munoz said it is the return of the rb. Just accept it.....

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                                I’ve said it before and I will say it again. Elway isn’t drafting a Guard at #5. It’s not going to happen. We can slide Watson down inside and have Leary, McGovern, and Watson as our guards and be just fine.
                                Agreed^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X