X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    Oline class this year isnt nearly as good as last years. Im an oline guy and i want defense in the first this year. I either want greedy or white ilb in the first and its a toss up between those 2. Those 2 would have more of an instant impact on this team than any olineman available when wewill be drafting. Its defense and wr heavy early it seems in this draft
    I think the OT group is a good bit stronger at the top depending on who comes out

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Maybe. Maybe not.

How much impact is Chubb having? He has 7 sacks but the team is still 29th ranked run D and 17th ranked pass D. They are 3rd ranked for sacks but that isn't really impacting their overall defense, unless they would be ranked even worse for pass D. Last year they were 4th ranked pass D and 5th ranked run D.
    I wouldn’t put that on Chubb though. The run D is a result of team taking advantage of our terrible defensive alignments. Seriously our nickel alignment is absolutely atrocious for the personnel they have out on the field. Pass defense is just because Roby didn’t step up and our CB depth has been exposed badly as well as our continued struggles against TEs.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Oline class this year isnt nearly as good as last years. Im an oline guy and i want defense in the first this year. I either want greedy or white ilb in the first and its a toss up between those 2. Those 2 would have more of an instant impact on this team than any olineman available when wewill be drafting. Its defense and wr heavy early it seems in this draft

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I was a big fan of drafting Nelson and was disappointed that Denver didn't. And he's been great. But at the same time a good QB helps an o-line out, and having Andrew Luck back, and playing at a pretty high level makes it easier for the o-line. So I'm not too sure that Nelson would have had the same impact in Denver. Not to say he wouldn't have been very good, but not the level we're seeing now.

And it's not like Chubb has been awful either, they're the rookies of the month, it's which side of the ball did you want to improve the line on? If Denver had taken Nelson we might all be complaining about how little pass rush Denver has and how they should have drafted Chubb because Ray was going to get hurt.
    Maybe. Maybe not.

How much impact is Chubb having? He has 7 sacks but the team is still 29th ranked run D and 17th ranked pass D. They are 3rd ranked for sacks but that isn't really impacting their overall defense, unless they would be ranked even worse for pass D. Last year they were 4th ranked pass D and 5th ranked run D.

Leave a comment:

• mozzerpete
    replied
    I was a big fan of drafting Nelson and was disappointed that Denver didn't. And he's been great. But at the same time a good QB helps an o-line out, and having Andrew Luck back, and playing at a pretty high level makes it easier for the o-line. So I'm not too sure that Nelson would have had the same impact in Denver. Not to say he wouldn't have been very good, but not the level we're seeing now.

And it's not like Chubb has been awful either, they're the rookies of the month, it's which side of the ball did you want to improve the line on? If Denver had taken Nelson we might all be complaining about how little pass rush Denver has and how they should have drafted Chubb because Ray was going to get hurt.
    I don't necessarily disagree with you, but what good is having a $$$-Pro Bowl QB if he's going to be out for a season with shoulder and kidney injuries due to his O-Line not keeping him upright? There needs to be a delicate balance.

I'm content with Chubb although I preferred Nelson. Imagining Lindsay running to paydirt behind Nelson's blocking is a nice fantasy.

I would prefer Denver to focus heavily on OL in this year's draft and defense ( DT Jarrett, DE Clowney, CB's Verrett / Darby) via the FA.

Round 1: Greg Little, LT, Mississippi
    Round 2: Michael Deiter, C, Wisconsin
    Round 3: Beau Benzschawel, LG, Wisconsin
    Round 4: Max Scharping, RT, Northern Illinois
    Round 4: (Texans) Corbin Kaufusi, 3-4DE, BYU
    Round 5: Nik Needham, CB, UTEP
    Round 5: (Vikings) Khalil Hodge, ILB/OLB, Buffalo
    Round 6: Diontae Johnson,WR/R, Toledo
    Round 7: JonVea Johnson, WR, Toledo

LT Little
    LG Benzschawel / McGovern
    OC Deiter / Jones
    RG Bolles / McGovern
    RT Scharping / Johnson

Solidify the OL (focus on the run) then draft QB in '20.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I don't think ray is the comp here. barrett would be the one to compare with, imo.
    I'm just using a Broncos pass rusher being out due to injury for the example.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied

I don't think ray is the comp here. barrett would be the one to compare with, imo.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied

Chubb playing this well this early makes it easier dont get me wrong. As much as i liked nelson, i preferred chubb over rosen or allen at the time

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    All those people that said you don’t take a G in the top ten because they don’t have the impact like other positions. Clearly he is making a huge impact. He did have a slow start but now he is wrecking defenders. He’s a dude you’ll never have to worry about for 10+ years now.
    Yeah that what us "nelson lovers" were saying before the draft

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    All those people that said you don’t take a G in the top ten because they don’t have the impact like other positions. Clearly he is making a huge impact. He did have a slow start but now he is wrecking defenders. He’s a dude you’ll never have to worry about for 10+ years now.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Originally posted by dipablo View Post
    I too was in the Nelson camp, but i cant say im upset about chubb. The worst is we could have had Ryan Ramczyk.....uggggg.

Ramzy and Nelson....drool
    I agree with you on chubb but stop it cause now your toying with me. Those 2 and then draft trey adams next year...

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by dipablo View Post
    I too was in the Nelson camp, but i cant say im upset about chubb. The worst is we could have had Ryan Ramczyk.....uggggg.

agreed. That's what I keep thinking as well. those 2 players could have solidified the oline for years.

Leave a comment:

• dipablo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    I was hopeful as well. Hes turning out to bethe lineman we hoped we had in bolles. Props to nelson as no doubt he puts in the work for it...maybe we can package 2 1st for luck and nelson

Leave a comment:

Working...
X