Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I were the GM--(Time to blow up)-not real but maybe :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were the GM--(Time to blow up)-not real but maybe :)

Yes this is not ideal,(Kinda Madden moves) but i think we have made mistakes and overpaid. Lets get back to winning now, but also set us up to win in the future.
    This is my dream, and what i think is best for the Broncos now and the future.

1. Trade Von Miller to the Cleveland Browns for their 1st and 4th pick of the draft. That would give us 1, 4, and 5.
    2. Trade Sanders to Carolina for a 3rd (Carolina has 2 picks in the 3rd. )
    3. Trade Thomas to Indianapolis for a 4th
    4. Release: CJ Anderson, Menelik Watson
    5. Resign Tenders: Jordan Taylor, Matt Paradis Shaquil Barrett
    6. Sign Kirk Cousins QB, Andrew Norwell OG, Terrelle Pryor Sr WR

Now on to the draft. Because we signed Cousins and now own the 1st pick the New York teams want the number one pick because they both want Josh Rosen.
    We trade our 1st pick to the Jest for the 6th pick and their 3rd round pick.

This gives us the
    1.(4) pick ---Minkah Fitzpatrick S/CB
    1.(5)pick---Roquan Smith LB
    1.(6)pick---Bradley Chubb DE

2. Sony Michel, RB
    2. Trade 2 of our 3rd picks to move back into the 2nd and get--Brian O'Neill, OT
    3**Compensatory (Okung): Keke Coutee, WR
    3. TRADE with Carolina: Tim Settle, NT
    4. Trey Quinn, WR
    4. Kevin Toliver, CB
    5. BPA--LB
    6. BPA—O LINE Center
    7. BPA

Even though we got rid of Von Miller our Defense as Improved with our top 3 picks.
    We Improve at the O-line desperately with O’Neill at RT and Andrew Norwell at the other Guard spot.
    We improve at RB with Sony Michel, we improved at TE with Butts coming.
    We drastically improved at QB—we may have downgraded a little at the WR spot but with Taylor and two young WR and Terrelle Pryor Sr—we have much better depth with a running game now intact and a TE that should open the middle of the field and offensive line. The WR should be able to get open, it will just be Cousins Job to deliver.

Originally posted by tpoz34 View Post
    Yes this is not ideal,(Kinda Madden moves) but i think we have made mistakes and overpaid. Lets get back to winning now, but also set us up to win in the future.
    This is my dream, and what i think is best for the Broncos now and the future.

1. Trade Von Miller to the Cleveland Browns for their 1st and 4th pick of the draft. That would give us 1, 4, and 5.
    2. Trade Sanders to Carolina for a 3rd (Carolina has 2 picks in the 3rd. )
    3. Trade Thomas to Indianapolis for a 4th
    4. Release: CJ Anderson, Menelik Watson
    5. Resign Tenders: Jordan Taylor, Matt Paradis Shaquil Barrett
    6. Sign Kirk Cousins QB, Andrew Norwell OG, Terrelle Pryor Sr WR

Now on to the draft. Because we signed Cousins and now own the 1st pick the New York teams want the number one pick because they both want Josh Rosen.
    We trade our 1st pick to the Jest for the 6th pick and their 3rd round pick.

This gives us the
    1.(4) pick ---Minkah Fitzpatrick S/CB
    1.(5)pick---Roquan Smith LB
    1.(6)pick---Bradley Chubb DE

2. Sony Michel, RB
    2. Trade 2 of our 3rd picks to move back into the 2nd and get--Brian O'Neill, OT
    3**Compensatory (Okung): Keke Coutee, WR
    3. TRADE with Carolina: Tim Settle, NT
    4. Trey Quinn, WR
    4. Kevin Toliver, CB
    5. BPA--LB
    6. BPA—O LINE Center
    7. BPA

Even though we got rid of Von Miller our Defense as Improved with our top 3 picks.
    We Improve at the O-line desperately with O’Neill at RT and Andrew Norwell at the other Guard spot.
    We improve at RB with Sony Michel, we improved at TE with Butts coming.
    We drastically improved at QB—we may have downgraded a little at the WR spot but with Taylor and two young WR and Terrelle Pryor Sr—we have much better depth with a running game now intact and a TE that should open the middle of the field and offensive line. The WR should be able to get open, it will just be Cousins Job to deliver.
    You would use all 3 top picks on the defense when the offense is bad and has huge wholes???
    sigpic

Comment

Congrats, you managed to make the offense and defense worse, 2-14 here we come!

Comment

He addressed the line in FA. I would prefer a hernandez or miller type in first or second round though.

He also did say in the title that it was a rebuild which if a rebuild happens it wouldnt be terrible. Just my opinion though
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
          He addressed the line in FA. I would prefer a hernandez or miller type in first or second round though.

He also did say in the title that it was a rebuild which if a rebuild happens it wouldnt be terrible. Just my opinion though
          Why get Cousins for a rebuild? He has us with 3 picks in the top 10 but not taking a QB, if you're going all out rebuild then get a rookie QB too, not a high priced veteran.

If you're rebuilding, release or trade some veterans, don't spend any money in 2018, roll over as much cap space as you can into 2019, draft a rookie QB, and likely get another top 5 pick in 2019.

The team will then have a young QB and a ton of cap space to work with in 2019. If you're going to rebuild, do it right... IMO

Comment

Trading from #1 to #6 while only picking up a 3rd rounder would be horrible value.

Comment

Theres different levels of rebuild though. Would retool be a better way of putting it? Vance doesnt have many seasons left if he doesnt improve from last year.

I agree with drafting a qb as well if we get rid of paxton. If we keep or dont trade him, then you will have 3 qbs

I agree with the trade value. It would take more than a 3rd to make me consider that trade.
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Von Miller will not be sending you a Christmas card being traded to the Browns.

Interesting ideas though. I would take a QB in the 1, 4, 5 as Kirk Cousins seems expensive to bring in for that kind of talent drop on offense.

Comment

I don't mean to be rude but there's so much that doesn't work here. Who says Cleveland gives is the #1 overall pick for Von Miller. Nothing

I believe draft picks are unbelievably. And I truly mean, unbelievably overvalued in the NFL. It amazes me and I feel a truly smart GM could rape teams by using them the right way (i.e. teams will draft an LT with a top 5 pick but nobody traded their 1st rd pick for Joe Thomas. Wouldn't even trade a 2nd. And he's the best LT year after year. Especially when this was a known possibility. Makes LITERALLY NO SENSE. I don't understand how no GM has realized and exploited this yet besides maybe the Pats and you can see how they rape teams for stupid 4th rd picks. So incredibly stupid.

Anyhow, with that said. We get a 3rd for Sanders but a 4th for DT??? Huh? As dumb as it is for a team to not trade a 4th for Thomas. This league is that stupid. Nobody would. And they wouldn't give a 3rd for Sanders either.

So the whole setup doesn't work. Plus I don't love what ya did on top of it.

Not trying to be rude, obviously this is the route you'd take but just my opinion, this would be impossible and I don't really like it much anyway. But it was worth the read!

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                    I don't mean to be rude but there's so much that doesn't work here. Who says Cleveland gives is the #1 overall pick for Von Miller. Nothing

I believe draft picks are unbelievably. And I truly mean, unbelievably overvalued in the NFL. It amazes me and I feel a truly smart GM could rape teams by using them the right way (i.e. teams will draft an LT with a top 5 pick but nobody traded their 1st rd pick for Joe Thomas. Wouldn't even trade a 2nd. And he's the best LT year after year. Especially when this was a known possibility. Makes LITERALLY NO SENSE. I don't understand how no GM has realized and exploited this yet besides maybe the Pats and you can see how they rape teams for stupid 4th rd picks. So incredibly stupid.

Anyhow, with that said. We get a 3rd for Sanders but a 4th for DT??? Huh? As dumb as it is for a team to not trade a 4th for Thomas. This league is that stupid. Nobody would. And they wouldn't give a 3rd for Sanders either.

So the whole setup doesn't work. Plus I don't love what ya did on top of it.

Not trying to be rude, obviously this is the route you'd take but just my opinion, this would be impossible and I don't really like it much anyway. But it was worth the read!
                    Joe Thomas is also 33 years old. Maybe teams would rather use their top draft picks on young players that will be with the team for many years.
                    sigpic

Comment

I’m sure someone has said it. But, the 6th pick and a third rounder for the number one pick? If that’s all it takes, we better be trading our fifth overall and a third rounder for the number one pick. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        Joe Thomas is also 33 years old. Maybe teams would rather use their top draft picks on young players that will be with the team for many years.
                        Yeah that's kinda why I added that tidbit of (when this was a possibility) cuz I'm talking a couple years ago or so ....and I'd give a 2nd rd pick for THE BEST LT in the league if I needed tackle help, no doubt about it even if he is 31 or 32 at the time.

These 3rd and 4th rd picks that are valued so much just makes no sense to me. So many don't ever do jack and you can get proven top tier players for them. It amazes me. I feel like every year you could plug guys in for a 4-6th rd pick/picks that are never gonna do jack anyway. Look at Jimmy G for a damn 2nd rd pick! like what in the hell?!?! And 3-4 other teams will use their 1st on a completely unproven commodity at QB. I know you can understand where I'm coming from. There is a loophole that can be exploited there. Just surprised no GM really has taken full advantage and these guys get paid millions

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                          I’m sure someone has said it. But, the 6th pick and a third rounder for the number one pick? If that’s all it takes, we better be trading our fifth overall and a third rounder for the number one pick. Lol
                          Not as bad as CLE giving us two top 5 picks for Von. I just realized he has us getting two top 5 picks for Von. That will never happen we couldn't even get one of them imo.

Not trying to bash OP. Like his enthusiasm and effort put forth but....lacking a bit on knowledge about NFL FO possible options

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                            Not as bad as CLE giving us two top 5 picks for Von. I just realized he has us getting two top 5 picks for Von. That will never happen we couldn't even get one of them imo.

Not trying to bash OP. Like his enthusiasm and effort put forth but....lacking a bit on knowledge about NFL FO possible options
                            I disagree. Von for two top picks is better than the top pick for number 6 and a third rounder in my opinion. At least with one you know you’re getting something special out of Von. With a the 6th pick and a third you’re hoping you can hit on one or both.

Comment

I love this idea for the most part. I love Von Miller but, contrary to popular belief his 10 sack production can be replaced. So how’s about this?

Trade Von to Cleveland for the #1 and #4 picks. (Cousins signs in Cleveland)

1. QB Josh Rosen
                              4. DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
                              5. Trade back to pick #13 as the Redskins, desperate to replace Kirk, move up to get Josh Allen. We get #13, their 2018 2nd, and 2019 1st.
                              13. OT Matt McGlinchey
                              We trade WR DeMaryius Thomas to the Colts (McDaniels will want the WR he drafted to pair up with Luck) for their 2nd rd pick. Giving us 3 2nds.
                              36. OLB/DE Arden Key
                              40. WR Courtland Sutton
                              44. LB Leighton Vander Esch

We fill all of our needs here. We get our franchise signal caller, Thomas’s eventual replacement, our new starting LT and slide Bolles over to the right side, a possible replacement for Von, a stud MLB to take Todd Davis’s spot, and the best defensive player in the draft. Plus an additional 1st rounder next year. People will complain no matter how awesome you are.

Keep being you OP, I like the idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X