Dreamin mock draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamin mock draft

Okay, so I don't do this very often, but just felt compelled to try this. Here are some background thoughts regarding the madness that is to come.

Kirk Cousins - too expensive. I don't think John Elway & CO have the magic dust ($$$$) to make this happen. I do not think this would be the best for the Broncos anyway. Too many holes to fill if we want to have immediate and long term success.

Free Agents
    - QB Case Keenum
    - S Lamarcus Joyner

Trades - Seeing as how there are many holes to fill, here is what i would try to do if I were John Elway & CO.
    - Trade #5 to Buffalo for #21, #53, #56 and #95 - Buffalo really needs a QB, with this deal they still get 2 1st round picks
    - Trade Aqib Talib to San Francisco for their 2nd third round pick #74 - They solidify their backfied with a proven vet.

Draft
    Round 1 (22) - G Will Hernandez
    Round 2 (40) - OT Connor Williams
    Round 2 (53) - DT Maurice Hurst
    Round 2 (56) - ILB Leighton Van Esch
    Round 3 (71) - RB Kalen Ballage
    Round 3 (74) - QB Luke Falk
    Round 3 (95) - TE Mike Gesicki
    Round 4 (102)- DE Harrison Phillips
    Round 4 (105)- WR Marcel Ateman
    Round 5 (133)- CB DJ Reed
    Round 5 (154)- C Bradley Bozeman
    Round 6 (168)- OT Alex Cappa
    Round 7 (199)- BPA

OLine would consist of LT-Williams; LG Leary, C Paradis, RG Hernandez, RG Bolles - Cappa, Bozeman, Kouandjio, would provide youth, toughness and depth.
    RB - would be a combination of Booker, Henderson and Ballage, and of course Jano opening holes for them.
    QB - would be Keenum, Falk, Kelly - the three stooges we had this year would be gone either through trades (yeah right) or just letting go. In Falk we get a younger cheaper and maybe better version (potentially) version of Kirk Cousins.
    WR - we would still have the duo of DT and Sanders, adding Ateman would mean Sanders would have to play slot. This would also give us a receiver in case Sanders is traded
    TE - Gesicki, Butt, and Traylor should be an improvement of what we have had the past couple of years
    DT - Peko (2), Hurst - Hurst should push the younger Peko, while the older Peko gives leadership.
    DE - Wolfe, Gotsis, Walker on one side; Harris, Phillips, Kerr on the other
    ILB - Marshall (ugh), Van Esch, Anderson, Garcia
    OLB - Miller, Rey, Barrett
    CB - Harris, Roby, Langley, Reed - would have to find more depth in FA, maybe one of the CB from Chicago?
    S - Simmons, Joyner, Simmons, Parks

Well there you go, from a lifelong Broncs fan, this would benefit us now, and set us up for good things to come in the future.

You know the chiefs and Texans both traded up to picks 10 and 12 last year and both had to give up this years first round pick. If we trade back from 5 all of the way into the 20’s and don’t receive an additional first rounder, I’d be furious. And I’m about as even-keeled as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
      You know the chiefs and Texans both traded up to picks 10 and 12 last year and both had to give up this years first round pick. If we trade back from 5 all of the way into the 20’s and don’t receive an additional first rounder, I’d be furious. And I’m about as even-keeled as it gets.
      I agree. Imo, Buf would have to give up both first this year & a first next year in order for this trade to happen. Or atleast a 2nd next year. Moving up 15 spots would require a lot. As it should.

Comment

As it stands Buffalo gives up one of their first, both of their seconds, and their third. For the sake of not having to redo the mock, let's say they give their first next year.

Comment

If we trade all the way down to the Bills, we should get BOTH first's and at least a third this year and at least a second next year.
          IF we score a good QB in free agency I would go for this. A top five pick should be considered GOLD IMO.

Comment

if conner williams goes after will hernedez i will be super surprised, to be hoenst i would be surprised if williams or mcglichey are open after the top 15.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I like it ! Especially the first 4 rounds. If we traded back that far though it would take both firsts this year and a third. Plus next year 1 . That is moving up a long way . It will cost a kings ransom to move that far. Thanks for sharing

Comment

I like your mock. If just all the players would be there when we draft!

Comment

Working...
                X