No kick and No QB in the first round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Yes it is but if you don't have "the guy" is it really worth it is what I'm saying. Look we just went 5-11 QB is a why pay Kirk when both of his coaches wouldnt???....do you really feel comfortable with a rookie at 5?
    I would feel a heck of a lot more comfortable having a quarterback at 5, then not having a quarterback at all! There's no guarantee we're going to get Kirk, it sounds like we will but still just speculation. So until is certain quarterback has to be number one priority

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      I would feel a heck of a lot more comfortable having a quarterback at 5, then not having a quarterback at all! There's no guarantee we're going to get Kirk, it sounds like we will but still just speculation. So until is certain quarterback has to be number one priority
      So basically just getting a qb just to say we got a qb...ok.....well I was just saying if you are not in love with and of them.....d ont feel forced to have to take one....but I hear ya.
      My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

I like the trade back idea also. Accumulate as much draft capital as possible and cure one of our main problems. I Still would like to draft a late round QB to work with as a quality backup and even a starter ........ someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
          So basically just getting a qb just to say we got a qb...ok.....well I was just saying if you are not in love with and of them.....d ont feel forced to have to take one....but I hear ya.
          I think Elway is in love with several QBs in free agency and this draft. I seen an article yesterday talking about Elway gushing over Rosen and how he was pro ready. I think he is on the Mayfield bandwagon. I think folks need to brace for a change at QB because it's coming

Comment

I think Elway is in love with several QBs in free agency and this draft. I seen an article yesterday talking about Elway gushing over Rosen and how he was pro ready. I think he is on the Mayfield bandwagon. I think folks need to brace for a change at QB because it's coming
            Do you have a link to the article in question?
            Adopted Poster
            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I want a new QB by all means...Just don't feel that it has to be Kirk or 1st rd....Rosen will come into the league pro ready but his body has already taken pro type injuries.
              My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                I'll see if I can't locate it again....

Comment

Thread cleaned.

As for the thread, it may or may not move. The OP is different enough, if only subtly, that it stays. That said, there are a lot of draft threads that have by this time naturally overlapped and are becoming increasingly redundant. At some point there will be a clean up.

For now

Options:
                  • Participate in the thread, discuss, debate, etc.
                  • Don't participate in the thread.

Not liking the thread does not give permission to attack the OP. And, as you know, this is not only limited to the OP but applies equally to everyone. More of this will result in IPs.

There is a handy tool for people you would rather not interact with - just open that users profile and click on "Add to Ignore List"

Comment

This is all contingent on whether we get Cousins or not... but if we get Kirk: Trade back in the 1st to 15-20. Get an absolute haul in the process, including an additional 2018 2nd round pick. Grab the best O lineman available at that spot. Use your 2nd you obtained or current 2nd (whichever is lower) and trade back UP into the end of the first and grab whatever other O line is best available. Use your remaining 2nd and 3rd round picks on BPA in a skill position WR/RB or TE

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                      Well you'll have to forgive me, I can't find the article anymore. I was trolling the Redskins message boards yesterday and there was a link that one of those gents posted about the Broncos QB situation but I don't see it posted anymore.

Comment

I think it is inevitable that we will pay Cousins in the area of 24M a season with a bunch guaranteed. Elway can sell that we can win with a decent QB and that we have some young players and draft picks in the mix to keep us competitive for a while (the rest of the roster may have to come from the draft...).

So, if 2 of Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield are on the board at #5, I think we are in a great spot to acquire some extra picks (as we will need them), but we can't move back too far if we want to grad Nelson or McGlinchey. We need to take the best OL player we can get in the draft. No chance for a Solder, Norwell, Pugh, or Kline with the signing of Cousins. I like Leighton Vander Esch in the second to help the LB crew that is pretty pathetic. This kid could be our ILB for years to come.

Comment

We will know if we have Kirk before the draft - if we don't get him, expect a trade up, or a hope a pray approach that a guy we like ends up there at #5.

Comment

Originally posted by dukes88 View Post
                            We will know if we have Kirk before the draft - if we don't get him, expect a trade up, or a hope a pray approach that a guy we like ends up there at #5.
                            I want a QB with experience. If we don't get Cousins, I'd try to land some other FA QB or make a trade.

Comment

My favorite scenario:

Sign Keenum or Bridgewater or Taylor as a bridge.

Trade #5 for Buffalo’s 21st, 22nd, and 37th pick.

- Draft best remaining tackle (Miller, Rankins) at 21
                              - Draft Price (G) from Ohio State at 22
                              - Draft Rashaan Evans (ILB) from Alabama at 37
                              - Draft Luke Falk (QB) from Washington State at 53

Make wild card round for 1-2 years with bridge qb. Be a bona fide contender with Falk in year 2 or 3.

Comment

I agree with the above, though I would include Mike White or Mason Rudolph as a possible QB at 53

Comment

Working...
                                X