i feel itd be a mistake to trade down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i feel itd be a mistake to trade down

i will put it simple. i think trading down would be a huge mistake by the front office. i think we have good depth players and alot of good average starters. what i feel we are missing is blue chip players. we could use 1 or 2 blue chip offensive pieces on the defense we have miller and arguably Talib outside of that i feel our roster lacks blue chip players. and i think we need to add one this draft ideally on offense and the later we move int he draft the harder we will ahve finding blue chip players. what i feel we need the most we wont get this draft cause there is not a blue chip offensive tackle. so i would be fine with one of the QB minus allen(mayfield Darnold and Rosen) i would also be fine with Nelson or Barkley taking i think they are blue chip talents at there position. I feel missing out on these guys would be a huge mistake instead of giving us a blue chip talent to rebuild our offense around. Trading down would more then likely abotu 90% chance we miss out any Blue Chip Prospects for our roster.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I'd move down to 6 but missing out on one of the QB's or Nelson, Barkley, Chubb, Roquan, Minkah would not be good. Denver needs one of them.

Comment

The problem is who are the "blue chip" "cant miss players"? I would say Minkah Fitzpatrick is one, Saquon Barkley, Quinton Nelson and Bradley Chubb. I dont know if I can consider any of the QBs blue chip/Can't miss players. Denver 100% has to take a QB if they don't sign Kirk. No ifs or buts about it. Trading down is a good idea if Kirk is signed because we need more than just 1 position fix. On the other hand I agree passing on one of these stud players will be a mistake. Elway definitely has some tough decisions to make coming up and some people aren't going to like them

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        The problem is who are the "blue chip" "cant miss players"? I would say Minkah Fitzpatrick is one, Saquon Barkley, Quinton Nelson and Bradley Chubb. I dont know if I can consider any of the QBs blue chip/Can't miss players. Denver 100% has to take a QB if they don't sign Kirk. No ifs or buts about it. Trading down is a good idea if Kirk is signed because we need more than just 1 position fix. On the other hand I agree passing on one of these stud players will be a mistake. Elway definitely has some tough decisions to make coming up and some people aren't going to like them
        This is where franchises mess up when they feel they "have " to draft a QB in the first rd. Ponder, locker, bortles....I don't care how bad we "need" a QB if you don't feel they are they right pick and you are absolutely love and and have faith in them you don't take them PERIOD. You make your team stronger in other areas. If the guy you like is in the 2nd or 3rd rd you get them.....Just bc you are considered to be a 1st rounder doesn't necessarily mean you are a blue chip....I have no problem with Chubb, Barkley, etc...

Take the browns and I know people give them flack but they didn't take a QB in the 1st they took him in the 2nd so if they part ways with deshone....no biggie...they got a safety, D.E., and a good T.E..... now when they get a qb...he will have Gordon, Coleman, And David to throw to and also a good chance to have Barkley too..

DT and Sanders are old and not the same players...we don't know what make butt will do....and I'm not a fan of Cj as a starter....

We are not gonna fix this team in just one off-season....I think people are thinking super bowl...I think we should fix the team....You don't HAVE to take a QB in the first.
        My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

I can see both sides of the argument. If we land Kirk, we can add a blue chip guy around him to help. However, we could also acquire more picks to add young talent to the roster. Most years, I'd be in agreement with you. However, a couple of factors this year have me thinking more picks are not so bad. One of Vance's selling points was his ability to identify talent. Kubiak has also returned to help, and is thought of highly in this department as well. We also got a first hand look at the players in the senior bowl. We could also create some cap flexibility, not that we are pressed, but it helps down the line. Now this is all dependent of Cousins or another big time QB.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            I can see both sides of the argument. If we land Kirk, we can add a blue chip guy around him to help. However, we could also acquire more picks to add young talent to the roster. Most years, I'd be in agreement with you. However, a couple of factors this year have me thinking more picks are not so bad. One of Vance's selling points was his ability to identify talent. Kubiak has also returned to help, and is thought of highly in this department as well. We also got a first hand look at the players in the senior bowl. We could also create some cap flexibility, not that we are pressed, but it helps down the line. Now this is all dependent of Cousins or another big time QB.
            Right....If Elway feels like he likes one of the rookies then fine go and get him "hopefully not baker lol". But all I'm saying if Elway and co...doesn't feel like any of the and are the one....then don't draft ANY....take your bumps and bruises and make the team stronger around that position until you find "that guy"

People feel that QB is a MUST but at what cost just to say you got a QB....I just disagree...bc bc if we get Kirk and he doesn't pan out we on the hook for 100+mill...and drafting a QB in this 1st just to bc you feel you "have to" is not a good look....
            My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
              Right....If Elway feels like he likes one of the rookies then fine go and get him "hopefully not baker lol". But all I'm saying if Elway and co...doesn't feel like any of the and are the one....then don't draft ANY....take your bumps and bruises and make the team stronger around that position until you find "that guy"

People feel that QB is a MUST but at what cost just to say you got a QB....I just disagree...bc bc if we get Kirk and he doesn't pan out we on the hook for 100+mill...and drafting a QB in this 1st just to bc you feel you "have to" is not a good look....
              In the AFC the QB is king. The last 15 AFC representatives have been helmed by

Brady
              Peyton
              Big Ben
              Flacco(once)

At the end of the day you need a QB.
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Do you know how long it can take to find "that guy"? The Bills have been looking since Kelly, the Dolphins since Marino our own Broncos since Elway. We rented Manning for a few years but finding that guy to come in and be a constant for a decade plus hasn't been found. I think there are a few options this year. Cousins in free agency can be a quality QB for a long time yet, he would be an excellent sign. You may not feel like getting a QB is a big concern but 99% of the rest of Bronco country does. It is hands down the top priority and Elway absolutely has to take a chance on one being in the position he is in the draft. If it's not Cousins, its a rookie at 5.....prepare yourself because it's going to happen.

Comment

Do you know how long it can take to find "that guy"? The Bills have been looking since Kelly, the Dolphins since Marino our own Broncos since Elway. We rented Manning for a few years but finding that guy to come in and be a constant for a decade plus hasn't been found. I think there are a few options this year. Cousins in free agency can be a quality QB for a long time yet, he would be an excellent sign. You may not feel like getting a QB is a big concern but 99% of the rest of Bronco country does. It is hands down the top priority and Elway absolutely has to take a chance on one being in the position he is in the draft. If it's not Cousins, its a rookie at 5.....prepare yourself because it's going to happen.
                  Never said not take a QB in the draft....and you are entitled to your opinion.

Comment

If we dont land Cousins, the pick will most certainly be a QB at 5.

If you dont take one at 5, then you're banking on a Mike White, Kyle Lauletta, maybe Rudolph or a Falk in the 2nd-3rd round. That's incredibly risky.

Comment

last year was definitely the year to trade down. This year, not so much. At pick 5 you can have almost any player you want. A lot really is going to factor into what happens in the free agency period. Without getting some huge players like Kirk Cousins or our other huge needs, it's easy to guess what positions we're going to be drafting, and whether we trade down or not. Elway and the FO has already stated that they want to go into free agency to find a QB because that means they can focus in the early rounds on other positions. Because of that statement, unless we get a trade partner 10 picks or less from us, I can't see us trading down and missing on huge prospects like Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, etc.
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                        last year was definitely the year to trade down. This year, not so much. At pick 5 you can have almost any player you want. A lot really is going to factor into what happens in the free agency period. Without getting some huge players like Kirk Cousins or our other huge needs, it's easy to guess what positions we're going to be drafting, and whether we trade down or not. Elway and the FO has already stated that they want to go into free agency to find a QB because that means they can focus in the early rounds on other positions. Because of that statement, unless we get a trade partner 10 picks or less from us, I can't see us trading down and missing on huge prospects like Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, etc.
                        That and Denver rarely gets to pick this high. And if Den gets the comp3 for Okung, they'd still have a high 2nd, two 3rds, and two high 4ths to play with. That's alot of picks to add to the roster.

Comment

I believe a trade down only happens if we get a fa qb. I dont think any of the qbs are worth a top 5 but the only way you trade down is if we have qb amd minkah is gone. Even if its trading back 2 or 3 and getting some extra while still being able to grab nelson or the like
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I really can't see any other way, either. It's Cousins or a QB with the #5 pick. The fact is a majority of starting QBs in the NFL are 1st rounders. Many are top 5 picks.

Comment

Here's what I'd do:

Sign a vet to a 1-year minimum deal.
                              Stay at 5 and take Fitzpatrick, if Talib leaves. If Talib stays, draft Nelson
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                              X