Talib For Foles, yes or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talib For Foles, yes or no?

Both have 1 year let on their deals. Talib is likely getting cut if not traded. Would you trade Talib for Foles and draft a QB w/ the 5th pick?
    Yes, and draft QB w/ 5th pick.
    11.11%
    Yes, and sign Foles long term.
    33.33%
    No, Kirk Cousins or die!
    55.56%
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Why would foles want to leave philly just to end up a back up again? If we are trading for him it's to make him the long term starter.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      If we are trading for him it's to make him the long term starter.
      Uh, because we are dumping Talib if we dont trade him and having a rookie learn for a year behind a Super Bowl MVP isn't a bad idea.
      Denver Broncos
      New York Yankees
      New York Knicks
      Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

i would be okay with both Foles and Cousins. I think if you sign Foles you sign him to an extension but keep him at 7 mill for this year if possible and keep Talib for this year. I would offer a 2nd rd pick instead, we seem to miss on those anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
          Uh, because we are dumping Talib if we dont trade him and having a rookie learn for a year behind a Super Bowl MVP isn't a bad idea.
          I think he was referring to the option to sign Foles AND draft a QB at #5
          sigpic

Comment

Why waste a 5th overall pick on another QB if you are trading for a guy who will be around for 8-10 years? Why not use that pick on a blue chip talent like Minkah Fitzpatrick

Comment

Why waste a 5th overall pick on another QB if you are trading for a guy who will be around for 8-10 years? Why not use that pick on a blue chip talent like Minkah Fitzpatrick
              If you take a QB at 5 you don't sign Foles long term. You just keep him for the 1 year. I probably should have clarified that better in the poll option.
              Denver Broncos
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks
              Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Foles wouldn't be here 8-10 years. he is 29 now.
                sigpic

Comment

Getting a rookie to lead behind him fine..but not the first rd pick....to much money ties up in qbs...get Kirk if that's the case....if foles come in you absolutely not taking a qb at 5...maybe 2nd at the most.
                  My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                    Getting a rookie to lead behind him fine..but not the first rd pick....to much money ties up in qbs...get Kirk if that's the case....if foles come in you absolutely not taking a qb at 5...maybe 2nd at the most.
                    If we get foles he is a tie over that will allow us time to fix the oline and make our def stronger for the next two years will still being respected as a playoff team....You draft a QB that could sit and learn from him for two years and now you have a young team that can and will compete going forward.
                    My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

I think people are really underestimating Nick Foles current value. Eagles could most likely get a first round pick for him and if traded he isn’t gonna start 16 games for backup money he can easily negotiate for minimum 20 per year. Before you ask what has he proven prior to the playoffs? The answer is nothing and it doesn’t matter becuase somebody will pay that price.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                        I think people are really underestimating Nick Foles current value. Eagles could most likely get a first round pick for him and if traded he isn’t gonna start 16 games for backup money he can easily negotiate for minimum 20 per year. Before you ask what has he proven prior to the playoffs? The answer is nothing and it doesn’t matter becuase somebody will pay that price.
                        No they will not. What team of the need team will give a 1st pick??? None...Smith played just as good for a season not just for three games and didn't get that....sorry but no way the are expecting a 1st Rd pick nor will they get one. I'm 100% sure of that.

Comment

If you take a QB at 5 you don't sign Foles long term. You just keep him for the 1 year. I probably should have clarified that better in the poll option.
                          That's kind of my point though. Why would Foles want to leave Philly just to go somewhere for 1 year? If Denver does trade for Foles it won't be for just 1 year, it will be for a minimum of 5 to 7 years. If he is here for 5-7 years than the 1st pick needs to be spent on a top 5 talent player like Chubb or Fitzpatrick or Nelson. Same philosophy with the Cousins signing.

On a personal level, I want nothing to do with Foles. Will he really be cheaper than Kirk? I don't think so, not after what he just did in the playoffs. If anything he will rival what Kirk wants. Imo, it's Cousins or rookie for this team. I like Foles as a person, he is down to earth and a good Christian man, something I think is needed in a leader but his history is too shaky for me. Foles and Keenum aren't going to be able to sustain their success. Any team that gets either 1 of these guys are going to be very disappointed by the end of the next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                            No they will not. What team of the need team will give a 1st pick??? None...Smith played just as good for a season not just for three games and didn't get that....sorry but no way the are expecting a 1st Rd pick nor will they get one. I'm 100% sure of that.
                            Browns were willing to give up a 2nd for Bengals backup, I can see somebody falling in love with what they just seen out of Foles and pony up.

Comment

Browns were willing to give up a 2nd for Bengals backup, I can see somebody falling in love with what they just seen out of Foles and pony up.
                              And I pray it isn't us.

If someone does trade for him, it will include a new contract, probably similar to what Alex Smith just signed.

I'm still wanting either Cousins or Qb @ #5.
                              sigpic
                              2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X