Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
    And I pray it isn't us.

If someone does trade for him, it will include a new contract, probably similar to what Alex Smith just signed.

I'm still wanting either Cousins or Qb @ #5.
    Same here, best case scenario imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
      No they will not. What team of the need team will give a 1st pick??? None...Smith played just as good for a season not just for three games and didn't get that....sorry but no way the are expecting a 1st Rd pick nor will they get one. I'm 100% sure of that.
      Smith is older than Foles is and the chiefs got in addition to the 3rd Kendall fuller who is a 22 year old rising corner. Pff ranks him #5. They definetly got premium value.

Comment

At the moment, Philly is c.$4.4 million over the cap. They are paying a ton of money to Fletcher Cox, and a lot of money to Lane Johnson, Jason Peters, Brandon Brooks, Vinny Curry, Zach Ertz and Malcolm Jenkins. IDK if they have room for Aqib Talib and his $12 million contract.

Nick Foles is interesting. He and Baker Mayfield went to the same high school. Foles originally committed to Arizona State, but went to Michigan State instead before transferring to Arizona. The UT Football Program needs to figure out how they keep letting these great QBs leave Austin.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I say yes plus our other 3rd round draft choice for Foles. Then use our draft to build a good OL and DL line to help him win another SB ring! If we get him, keep Anderson to give him a running game and sign a good FA TE. I like Talib but for a Good QB, Talib and a third is cheap. Besides, Phily needs help in the DB department. Heck, throw in Steward too.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            At the moment, Philly is c.$4.4 million over the cap. They are paying a ton of money to Fletcher Cox, and a lot of money to Lane Johnson, Jason Peters, Brandon Brooks, Vinny Curry, Zach Ertz and Malcolm Jenkins. IDK if they have room for Aqib Talib and his $12 million contract.

Nick Foles is interesting. He and Baker Mayfield went to the same high school. Foles originally committed to Arizona State, but went to Michigan State instead before transferring to Arizona. The UT Football Program needs to figure out how they keep letting these great QBs leave Austin.
            Yeah my suggestion was going to be Talib for Jason Peters straight up.... until I saw that Philly was in cap trouble.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
              Why waste a 5th overall pick on another QB if you are trading for a guy who will be around for 8-10 years? Why not use that pick on a blue chip talent like Minkah Fitzpatrick
              Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
              If you take a QB at 5 you don't sign Foles long term. You just keep him for the 1 year. I probably should have clarified that better in the poll option.
              Fitzpatrick could be the BPA at #5 and it would be great to bolster the secondary.

Foles will command much more than a one year deal.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                If we are trading for him it's to make him the long term starter.
                Not necessarily. Foles is on a one year contract essentially worth 7.6 million dollars before his contract is voided next off-season. In this scenario the thread starter has outlined, we essentially would be trading Aqib Talib and his 1 year 11 million dollar contract, for Nick Foles and his 1 year 7.6 million dollar contract. I personally don't think Philly would do that, they will want a draft pick in the middle rounds as well I would think, but Talib and a 3rd round for a one year trial for Foles would be worth the risk in my opinion. If it doesn't work out, then we wasted a 3rd round pick, like John Elway does every year anyway.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Hear is my take on Foles.
                    In the 2013 season Foles was on the NFC Pro Bowl Squad.
                    Now Foles had a great Super Bowl AND he's the MVP.
                    let that soak in. SB MVP.
                    Foles now has bones. It has taken a while but he has matured.
                    Who else has that resume available this year ? Drew Brees.
                    There's no way I see Brees leaving the Saints.
                    I would give Talib and maybe our top 3d round pick for Foles, shop the
                    5th pick in the 1st round and find a team that wants one of the 4 QB's and get some extra picks.
                    So we would have our good QB and continue to draft build AND have a little extra cap space.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if we could get Mayfield or Rosen after trading Talib for Foles. I'd rather go for a guy like Barkley or Kirkpatrick, maybe even Quenton Nelson, but I would be happy with those two QBs.
                      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by wmp View Post
                        Hear is my take on Foles.
                        In the 2013 season Foles was on the NFC Pro Bowl Squad.
                        Now Foles had a great Super Bowl AND he's the MVP.
                        let that soak in. SB MVP.
                        Foles now has bones. It has taken a while but he has matured.
                        Who else has that resume available this year ? Drew Brees.
                        There's no way I see Brees leaving the Saints.
                        I would give Talib and maybe our top 3d round pick for Foles, shop the
                        5th pick in the 1st round and find a team that wants one of the 4 QB's and get some extra picks.
                        So we would have our good QB and continue to draft build AND have a little extra cap space.
                        It wasn't even necessarily maturing. He was a baller, got hurt and traded foolishly by Chip, as were many others, and was doomed to the Rams with Jeff Fisher. Goff, Keenum and Foles all sucked under Fisher, but are good quarterbacks with new situations.
                        Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                          I wouldn't mind if we could get Mayfield or Rosen after trading Talib for Foles. I'd rather go for a guy like Barkley or Kirkpatrick, maybe even Quenton Nelson, but I would be happy with those two QBs.
                          Why on earth would we trade a draft pick and player for foles just to the around and Draft a QB in the 1st round....Nick wouldn't want that....and if I were him I would either....tie all the money and picks in qbs is not a good look.
                          My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Foles should send a thank you card to Matt Patricia for refusing to play anything but man to man with a single high safety. Seriously, if you DVR'd the game, go back and watch, its actually kinda funny to see Pats defenders getting picked play after play. The Eagles OL also did a great job of giving Foles time as well, time after time they picked up 5 man pressures like it was a 3 man rush.

I don't fault Foles for Patricia playing mostly the same coverage all game, he put the ball in good spots and his guys made some great plays. However, lets pump the brakes a little on Foles please...

Comment

We don’t have nearly the same guys calling plays that Philly has. Foles would not be successful here. This teams window has slammed shut, it’s time to do our due diligence and draft our future QB. I’m tired of the same sold story.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs4 View Post
                                Foles should send a thank you card to Matt Patricia for refusing to play anything but man to man with a single high safety. Seriously, if you DVR'd the game, go back and watch, its actually kinda funny to see Pats defenders getting picked play after play. The Eagles OL also did a great job of giving Foles time as well, time after time they picked up 5 man pressures like it was a 3 man rush.

I don't fault Foles for Patricia playing mostly the same coverage all game, he put the ball in good spots and his guys made some great plays. However, lets pump the brakes a little on Foles please...
                                Not to mention pats didn’t even play Malcom butler lol

Comment

Working...
                                X