Tod McShay's mock 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I certainly hope there are other plans, but it seems 99% that Cousins is our #1 target. The entire team won't stop talking about him. I'm not thrilled about the cap hit, but if it helps towards fixing the offense then it would have been worth it. Every year the cap increases, so in two or three years another QB is going to have the next blockbuster deal, and so on. More concerning though is this year and how we use the draft picks and remaining cap space to help Cousins if he comes here.
    That's where I'm at too. I don't care if it is 25-30 ball park estimate for him, the next year some other QB will top that and then the next it will happen again and before you know it we actually have a bargain with QB we have. Kirk will be good, I have zero doubt in that. I do doubt any other free agent QB though and I don't know if the fan base will have the patience to wait on a rookie for another year to get better. Kirk is the win now scenario and once we start winning the money issues won't even be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
      If we did the right thing and hired Kyle, Cousins would already be living in Denver waiting to sign. Good thing SF got Jimmy G

Could though Shanny jr franchise Jimmy G to trade him and get a first rd pick then sign Cousins ??

If it did happen and Cousins leads them to a SB while jimmy G fails he would be masterman jr!!!

Trade jimmy G to clev for #4 overall and sign Kirk

Boom!
      Won't happen, they are already working on long term deal with Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
        It means something went really wrong in the 2017 season because we had a pick high enough to get Mayfield in the top 10.
        And the reason we got there is from VJ's incompetence. I don't trust this coaching staff to do anything to help a rookie QB to succeed, and furthermore, if we get a rookie QB that probably means VJ gets another year again in 2019.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

And the reason we got there is from VJ's incompetence. I don't trust this coaching staff to do anything to help a rookie QB to succeed, and furthermore, if we get a rookie QB that probably means VJ gets another year again in 2019.
          I think Elway is mad at himself for passing on an accomplished coach like Kyle Shanahan and not even interviewing Sean McVay. I don't expect Vance Joseph to have a long leash next season, he will very likely be gone if we see another season like this last one.

Maybe Elway did not want to see the Broncos associated with the Browns as a franchise that makes an important decision and then quits on that decision after one season. There won't be a third chance if Joseph looks once again like a position coach outlclassed as a head coach.

If we look at how the Broncos staff was criticized for running poor practices at the Senior Bowl, failing to do what the scouts came to see at the event and then getting blown out despite having the two top QBs on their roster, I'm not expecting a turnaround performance from Joseph in 2018. He is a mistake that will be corrected sooner of later, regardless of who's playing QB.

The division is getting young at QB, the AFC will be open when Tom Brady is gone soon, the Broncos have the 5th-overall pick, so I think this is the right time to take a QB if he's the best player on the board. I don't think signing Cousins will be as easy as some people expect and, after Cousins, I don't see the other options being better than one of the top QBs from this draft.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
            I think Elway is mad at himself for passing on an accomplished coach like Kyle Shanahan and not even interviewing Sean McVay. I don't expect Vance Joseph to have a long leash next season, he will very likely be gone if we see another season like this last one.

Maybe Elway did not want to see the Broncos associated with the Browns as a franchise that makes an important decision and then quits on that decision after one season. There won't be a third chance if Joseph looks once again like a position coach outlclassed as a head coach.

If we look at how the Broncos staff was criticized for running poor practices at the Senior Bowl, failing to do what the scouts came to see at the event and then getting blown out despite having the two top QBs on their roster, I'm not expecting a turnaround performance from Joseph in 2018. He is a mistake that will be corrected sooner of later, regardless of who's playing QB.

The division is getting young at QB, the AFC will be open when Tom Brady is gone soon, the Broncos have the 5th-overall pick, so I think this is the right time to take a QB if he's the best player on the board. I don't think signing Cousins will be as easy as some people expect and, after Cousins, I don't see the other options being better than one of the top QBs from this draft.
            Very True Words !

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
              If we did the right thing and hired Kyle, Cousins would already be living in Denver waiting to sign. Good thing SF got Jimmy G

Could though Shanny jr franchise Jimmy G to trade him and get a first rd pick then sign Cousins ??

If it did happen and Cousins leads them to a SB while jimmy G fails he would be masterman jr!!!

Trade jimmy G to clev for #4 overall and sign Kirk

Boom!
              Even if that were to happen, which there is probably less than 1% chance of it happening, it would be Lynch, not Kyle’s trade.

Comment

So we're going to sit here and act like the beginning of the team going down didn't happen under Kubiaks leadership? I'm not convinced that we wouldn't have had the same record if Kubiak was still the Head Coach. JMO
                sigpic

Comment

I wonder if Trevor Siemian would have taken steps forward, instead of backwards under Kubiak last season ? Obviously we will never know, but based on what we not only seen from Trevor, but Brock as well in years past under Kubiak, you could say both guys looked like much more capable quarterbacks then they did under Joseph. In a way you could compare it to the way that Keenum, Goff, and Foles all looked very bad under the guidance of Fisher, yet under the guidance of competent head coaches, they looked much more polished and capable. I don't personally think Kubiak was at fault for what we seen last season. I more tend to think he done a great job in 2016, and when you consider the results of last season when he was gone, it makes sense. Kubiak had a very similar, if not worse roster competing for the division in 2016, while Joseph had us looking like a dumpster fire after week 5 or 6.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                    So we're going to sit here and act like the beginning of the team going down didn't happen under Kubiaks leadership? I'm not convinced that we wouldn't have had the same record if Kubiak was still the Head Coach. JMO
                    Kubiak had his own set of issues, but the team still functioned properly under him. His last year we were one game away from playoffs. With VJ we hit rock bottom. In fact I cant think of any AFC team worse than us than the Browns, and even they were competitive. Much of the credit does go to Kubiak for the decisions he made to get us to a Sb win.
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Football View Post
                      I wonder if Trevor Siemian would have taken steps forward, instead of backwards under Kubiak last season ? Obviously we will never know, but based on what we not only seen from Trevor, but Brock as well in years past under Kubiak, you could say both guys looked like much more capable quarterbacks then they did under Joseph. In a way you could compare it to the way that Keenum, Goff, and Foles all looked very bad under the guidance of Fisher, yet under the guidance of competent head coaches, they looked much more polished and capable. I don't personally think Kubiak was at fault for what we seen last season. I more tend to think he done a great job in 2016, and when you consider the results of last season when he was gone, it makes sense. Kubiak had a very similar, if not worse roster competing for the division in 2016, while Joseph had us looking like a dumpster fire after week 5 or 6.
                      Your right, we'll never know. But week after week on this message board we hear we need a new QB, Elway draft classes have been awful, DT is soft he needs to be traded, the O-Line is garbage, we need a MLB Elway doesn't value the MLB position, we need a TE etc.....but then we want VJ to work a miracle with all these negatives we have on our team that was made known from the members of this message board when Kubiak was still the HC. Hell, even Elway said that HE needs to put VJ in a better situation to succeed. Anyway to the topic.
                      sigpic

Comment

Your right, we'll never know. But week after week on this message board we hear we need a new QB, Elway draft classes have been awful, DT is soft he needs to be traded, the O-Line is garbage, we need a MLB Elway doesn't value the MLB position, we need a TE etc.....but then we want VJ to work a miracle with all these negatives we have on our team that was made known from the members of this message board when Kubiak was still the HC. Hell, even Elway said that HE needs to put VJ in a better situation to succeed. Anyway to the topic.
                        I completely agree with you and see what you are saying. John Elway did not position his rookie head coach to succeed this past season, and the roster that has been put together over the years has not been built for long-term success, that's on Elway. But the point that was brought up was about Kubiak being responsible for what transpired under Joseph this past season. Kubiak done a much better job with a less talented roster in 2016, then Joseph did in 2017. In saying that though, there is no doubt Elway needs to give his coaches better players, especially on the offensive side of the football.

Comment

McShay is very accurate predicting the first four draft picks. In fact, he’s only missed on one pick in the top four over the last five drafts. When it comes to the 5th pick his record is very inaccurate. That’s not to say he won’t be right on Mayfiwld to the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                            McShay is very accurate predicting the first four draft picks. In fact, he’s only missed on one pick in the top four over the last five drafts. When it comes to the 5th pick his record is very inaccurate. That’s not to say he won’t be right on Mayfiwld to the Broncos.
                            HIs final mock will be the one that will be judged too, obviously things will change once FA's are signed. I still fully expect a hard push for Cousins and a hopeful signing of him. I predict the 5th pick will be spent on BPA, which I believe will be either Fitzpatrick or Barkley

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                              HIs final mock will be the one that will be judged too, obviously things will change once FA's are signed. I still fully expect a hard push for Cousins and a hopeful signing of him. I predict the 5th pick will be spent on BPA, which I believe will be either Fitzpatrick or Barkley
                              I'm hoping that AJ McCarron wins his case and can become an free agent, sign him and draft Nelson at 5.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping that AJ McCarron wins his case and can become an free agent, sign him and draft Nelson at 5.
                                I would take him over Foles, Keenum, Bridgwater.....basically any FA not named Kirk Cousins.

Comment

Working...
                                X