Tod McShay's mock 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    HIs final mock will be the one that will be judged too, obviously things will change once FA's are signed. I still fully expect a hard push for Cousins and a hopeful signing of him. I predict the 5th pick will be spent on BPA, which I believe will be either Fitzpatrick or Barkley
    Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    I'm hoping that AJ McCarron wins his case and can become an free agent, sign him and draft Nelson at 5.
    There are a lot of possibilities. Considering cap space we could see an alternative to Cousins such as Keenum and drafting Josh Allen. Will be interesting to see how McCarron’s case unfolds. Or shall we say how AJ’s Case Keenum unfolds. Lol.

Mayfield is intriguing for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      HIs final mock will be the one that will be judged too, obviously things will change once FA's are signed. I still fully expect a hard push for Cousins and a hopeful signing of him. I predict the 5th pick will be spent on BPA, which I believe will be either Fitzpatrick or Barkley
      Wouldnt it be nice if we got kirk on a decent contract and picked up a jason peters or nate solder? Id love to see that and either minkah or trade down. But we know anything can happen......we lure jim kelly out of retirement to play for a year so he can mentor chad or something crazy
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I wonder if Indy drafts a QB:

Andrew Luck - QB - Colts
        ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports there are still doctors who have concerns about Andrew Luck's shoulder and whether he may require additional surgery.

As soon as Josh McDaniels backed out of the Colts' head-coaching job on Tuesday night, rumors began to swirl that McDaniels may know something about Luck's shoulder that the public does not. We doubt that's the case, but the concern around Luck is legitimate after he missed all of 2017 adue to complications from right shoulder surgery. Luck needs to start throwing again ASAP to squash the rumors, and they're not going to go away until he does so.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Feb 6 - 9:19 P

Comment

Yeah I'm starting to wonder about Luck's status too that caused McDaniels to back out. That doesn't make it any less sleazy. For McDaniels' sake, he better not lose that OC job in NE or he will be out of the league.

And Luck's status being in question could be good or bad news for us. With the Browns drafting QB, NY probably drafting QB, and Colts drafting QB, the guy Elway wants is probably going to be off the board. And this can be a good thing as well if 3 QBs go in the first 4, because then that means any impact player, like Nelson, Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Roquan Smith, McGlinchey, could be ours.
          Last edited by TheAsianPA; 02-06-2018, 08:01 PM.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
            Yeah I'm starting to wonder about Luck's status too that caused McDaniels to back out. That doesn't make it any less sleazy. For McDaniels' sake, he better not lose that OC job in NE or he will be out of the league.
            Personally, I think he is now waiting for Belichick to retire and will become the next Patriots coach.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
              Personally, I think he is now waiting for Belichick to retire and will become the next Patriots coach.
              without a doubt. He must have been promised something big, because there is no going back now. What a scumbag. Colts know now what we knew all along.
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

without a doubt. He must have been promised something big, because there is no going back now. What a scumbag. Colts know now what we knew all along.
                The worst part of that whole deal with the Colts is that the assistant coaches already signed their deals so now they are under contract without the HC that wanted them there. WOW!!! McD sure screwed that up for them.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  The worst part of that whole deal with the Colts is that the assistant coaches already signed their deals so now they are under contract without the HC that wanted them there. WOW!!! McD sure screwed that up for them.
                  Yeah that is heart breaking for them. What happens now? They go back to wherever they left? There's got to be something legally protecting them, if McDaniels can legally renege on a contract of this proportion.
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    jmd is just trying to weaken other nfl teams for the pats which should be illegal

Yeah that is heart breaking for them. What happens now? They go back to wherever they left? There's got to be something legally protecting them, if McDaniels can legally renege on a contract of this proportion.
                    he never signed with them. so there was no contract in place. then he decided to renege last minute before signing them
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                      jmd is just trying to weaken other nfl teams for the pats which should be illegal

he never signed with them. so there was no contract in place. then he decided to renege last minute before signing them
                      Yeah I know he never signed, or else he'd be legally bound to the Colts. But since he never really signed, what happens to the position coaches he picked out? They get stranded on the Colts and when the new HC comes in, they're all essentially place holders right?
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Yeah I know he never signed, or else he'd be legally bound to the Colts. But since he never really signed, what happens to the position coaches he picked out? They get stranded on the Colts and when the new HC comes in, they're all essentially place holders right?
                        i think it is up to the colts. if i where them. i would offer them the chance to look for another job
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Football View Post
                          I wonder if Trevor Siemian would have taken steps forward, instead of backwards under Kubiak last season ? Obviously we will never know, but based on what we not only seen from Trevor, but Brock as well in years past under Kubiak, you could say both guys looked like much more capable quarterbacks then they did under Joseph. In a way you could compare it to the way that Keenum, Goff, and Foles all looked very bad under the guidance of Fisher, yet under the guidance of competent head coaches, they looked much more polished and capable. I don't personally think Kubiak was at fault for what we seen last season. I more tend to think he done a great job in 2016, and when you consider the results of last season when he was gone, it makes sense. Kubiak had a very similar, if not worse roster competing for the division in 2016, while Joseph had us looking like a dumpster fire after week 5 or 6.
                          Any future Paxton or Trevor had in Denver died last season under Joseph and McCoy. Trevor has looked both really good and really bad at times. A lot of his mistakes looked correctable, a big one being not stepping up in the pocket. One of his big attributes was his willingness to learn and put the study time in, which you absolutely have to have. His shoulder injuries were definitely a concern, not sure how dependable he is after being injured two seasons in a row, plus the college ACL. He was hit a lot though. Trevor could have benefitted from somebody like Kubiak. His lack of fire on the field was also something I didn't like, but again I think there's a chance Kubiak could have installed that in him over time with a constant vote of confidence. Vance and McCoy did none of our QBs any good which is a huge concern. After looking great the first two weeks we just didn't seem to adjust well after we were figured out. Then you hear reports of McCoy calling plays in game that hadn't been practiced in weeks, or even since training camp. You can't do that unless you have someone like Brady, Manning or Brees. Even then it's not ideal, definitely not in a brand new system.

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                            Any future Paxton or Trevor had in Denver died last season under Joseph and McCoy. Trevor has looked both really good and really bad at times. A lot of his mistakes looked correctable, a big one being not stepping up in the pocket. One of his big attributes was his willingness to learn and put the study time in, which you absolutely have to have. His shoulder injuries were definitely a concern, not sure how dependable he is after being injured two seasons in a row, plus the college ACL. He was hit a lot though. Trevor could have benefitted from somebody like Kubiak. His lack of fire on the field was also something I didn't like, but again I think there's a chance Kubiak could have installed that in him over time with a constant vote of confidence. Vance and McCoy did none of our QBs any good which is a huge concern. After looking great the first two weeks we just didn't seem to adjust well after we were figured out. Then you hear reports of McCoy calling plays in game that hadn't been practiced in weeks, or even since training camp. You can't do that unless you have someone like Brady, Manning or Brees. Even then it's not ideal, definitely not in a brand new system.
                            Trevor sucks really bad. His fan base is more delusional than Tebow’s. At least Tebow could win games.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                              Trevor sucks really bad. His fan base is more delusional than Tebow’s. At least Tebow could win games.
                              Nah. I'd still take Siemian over Tebow.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                                Trevor has won more games. That doesn't make Trevor good, but if Tebow could "win games" he might still be in the league. I'll admit Trevor sucked for the most part after week 3, but he will still be in the league next year as a backup somewhere. He is a solid backup at worst, Tebow is far from that. Trevor may even compete for a starter spot somewhere like the Cardinals or Jets. Vance was not the right choice, he was in over his head. McCoy just made matters worse. The whole offense regressed, other than CJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X