Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First crack at a mock draft for the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First crack at a mock draft for the year.

1st:QB Josh Rosen- A lot changes depending where Cousins ends up. As of today though I can see Clevland falling in love with Mayfields leadership, or Allens immense upside. Giants can take super high ceiling Darnold and let him sit one year, allowing Rosen to fall to us.

2nd: OLB Harold Landry- Is it the biggest need no? Is it likely he falls this far? Possibly not but based of rankings and mock drafts its in the realm of possibility. If he falls I think we need to take this talent. I imagine after combine he climbs back up boards, we will see.

3rd:RT Brian O'Neil Pittsburgh- It's a need, everyone knows it. Elways seems to like athletic tackles. It hasn't worked out great for us so far, but I don't see Elway changing his draft profiles.

3rd:HB Ronald Jones USC- I think he slips because teams are concerned with his size and ability to be an every down back. Coupled that with a deep RB class and we get rewarded. He's the big play, change of pace back we wanted Hillman to be, will add juice to this offense.

4th:G/T Alex Cappa Humboldt State- Again Oline is a big need. A up and down senior bowl, but for the most part pretty positive. Above average athlete, might need time adjusting to level of competition.

5th: ILB Jack Chichy Wisconsin- Another Elway MO. He loves to take advantage of players who fall because of injury. Chichy is instinctive,and plays with passion. Probably will test average dropping him a bit as well, but I do believe he will be an upgrade over Todd Davis.

6th: WR Equanimeous St. Brown Notre Dame- Who knows if Thomas will be back. WR depth is questionable as is, Brown is a big body receiver with ability. If he can expand his route tree and route running we might have something. Worth developing.

7th: CB Michael Joesph Dubuque- Horrid Senior Bowl plain and simple. However there is athletic ability, possible special teamer, but most likely PS. Develop the talent and let him adjust to level of competition.

I would be very happy if the 1st 2 picks ended up that way. I don't see Landry falling to the 2nd day but if he does I wouldn't mind that pick at all.

Comment

hope we grab a strting ot in FA cause i am not convinced a third round ot will step in and start.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Nice draft, thank you for posting it. Are you thinking of us not getting a highly rated QB in Free Agency?
        Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
          Nice draft, thank you for posting it. Are you thinking of us not getting a highly rated QB in Free Agency?
          Thanks again.
          I think we Definitely make a run for one. Do we land one? Anyone’s guess, just did a mock as of today.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            I would be very happy if the 1st 2 picks ended up that way. I don't see Landry falling to the 2nd day but if he does I wouldn't mind that pick at all.
            Sidenote: saw a mock yesterday where they have arden key falling to us in 2nd
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
              Sidenote: saw a mock yesterday where they have arden key falling to us in 2nd
              The good thing this year is our 2nd pick is good enough to land a guy like that

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                The good thing this year is our 2nd pick is good enough to land a guy like that
                Or not have to pay an arm, leg and toes to move back into first if we wanted to. Im not for it but im not against it either
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I would rather take a player like Mason Cole, Sam Jones, or Wyatt Teller instead of Cappa. Rosen is the best bet for a QB though, imo. Good job!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    I would rather take a player like Mason Cole, Sam Jones, or Wyatt Teller instead of Cappa. Rosen is the best bet for a QB though, imo. Good job!!
                    Agreed. If we don’t sign Cousins then I hope Denver does what they have to in order to draft Rosen. That is if they’re going to draft a qb in the first, which I’m assuming will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by kerkhoff1 View Post
                      1st:QB Josh Rosen- A lot changes depending where Cousins ends up. As of today though I can see Clevland falling in love with Mayfields leadership, or Allens immense upside. Giants can take super high ceiling Darnold and let him sit one year, allowing Rosen to fall to us.

2nd: OLB Harold Landry- Is it the biggest need no? Is it likely he falls this far? Possibly not but based of rankings and mock drafts its in the realm of possibility. If he falls I think we need to take this talent. I imagine after combine he climbs back up boards, we will see.

3rd:RT Brian O'Neil Pittsburgh- It's a need, everyone knows it. Elways seems to like athletic tackles. It hasn't worked out great for us so far, but I don't see Elway changing his draft profiles.

3rd:HB Ronald Jones USC- I think he slips because teams are concerned with his size and ability to be an every down back. Coupled that with a deep RB class and we get rewarded. He's the big play, change of pace back we wanted Hillman to be, will add juice to this offense.

4th:G/T Alex Cappa Humboldt State- Again Oline is a big need. A up and down senior bowl, but for the most part pretty positive. Above average athlete, might need time adjusting to level of competition.

5th: ILB Jack Chichy Wisconsin- Another Elway MO. He loves to take advantage of players who fall because of injury. Chichy is instinctive,and plays with passion. Probably will test average dropping him a bit as well, but I do believe he will be an upgrade over Todd Davis.

6th: WR Equanimeous St. Brown Notre Dame- Who knows if Thomas will be back. WR depth is questionable as is, Brown is a big body receiver with ability. If he can expand his route tree and route running we might have something. Worth developing.

7th: CB Michael Joesph Dubuque- Horrid Senior Bowl plain and simple. However there is athletic ability, possible special teamer, but most likely PS. Develop the talent and let him adjust to level of competition.
                      If you put Ronald Jones with our 2nd pick, and move Landry and O'Neil down a round, it would be perfect. Jones is going to be a hot commodity, he won't be there after the top of round 2. I like all these picks, well done.

Comment

Working...
                      X