• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best post of the offseason so far. Great stuff folks
    "Dwight Howard On The Post Dog!!"

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
      Belichick is a genius. And Tom is as much a team player as they come. I don't necessarily like either, but respect both. BB is growing on me, he's a genius. When he retires it would be cool to hire him as a roster consultant, which would never happen.
      Tom is not a team player. It’s all smoke and mirrors. TB12 Sports is a front to throw more money Brady’s way without impacting the NFL Salary Cap. All Patriots players were required to use TB12 Sports until Belichik pulled the plug on it this year. Kraft paid TB12 Sports for Patriots players to go to TB12 Sports. The Patriots are notorious for stretching the rules and exploiting any advantage that can be had of any grey areas.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
        SF just set the bar. Good luck on getting anyone that has played at least 5 games this season and won more than 5 games this season. $27,500,000 per year on a 5 year contract.

I don't think so. Jimmy G had momentum and not only does he have momentum but hes shown he can win in two different settings. To put this in perspective in his first 7 starts he is 7-0. He also stepped in and took a team who was 1-10 and they finished 6-10. What makes that even more remarkable is that he was the only change....

I really don't think that any other QB who's played only 5 games is going to have a perfect record and proven he can win on two different teams.

Comment

Unless the O-Line gets fixed, it won't matter who the QB is. QB development/acquisition is intertwined with a plan to get a starting LG and RT. If a lot of money is spent on free agent(s), the Draft is the way to get OL. If drafting a QB, there might be enough cap to sign a decent OL, but the good ones are pretty expensive.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            Unless the O-Line gets fixed, it won't matter who the QB is. QB development/acquisition is intertwined with a plan to get a starting LG and RT. If a lot of money is spent on free agent(s), the Draft is the way to get OL. If drafting a QB, there might be enough cap to sign a decent OL, but the good ones are pretty expensive.
            Totally agree. Gotta build the trenches. Even the greats struggle when O line is a sieve.

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
              I agree with most of what you say! But I have been around business enough (and the NFL is a business) to know that leadership starts at the top. You can bring in a $40M per man and without a good head coach, it isn't going to help the situation very much, We can trade our next 5 first round draft choices to get the best college quarterback and Joseph will ruin him! Joseph might be a defensive genius but running a football team on the field, he is totally lost. Look at our last season. Oz looked pretty good in a game or two so Joseph replaced him with his favorite son, Siemian!
              Sign a mid level QB and move on until Coach Joseph is terminated. Use this draft to build our team up (offensively and defensively) and be ready to get a quarterback AFTER they replace Joseph! BTW excellent post!
              Yea blame the coach for everything wrong with the team...the man had 1 year ok 1 year....did he make mistakes yes....people can learn from them....some need to clam all the hating down and let it go...he is the head coach get behind him and support him.
              My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                Yea blame the coach for everything wrong with the team...the man had 1 year ok 1 year....did he make mistakes yes....people can learn from them....some need to clam all the hating down and let it go...he is the head coach get behind him and support him.
                You know, you and I don't agree on a lot.....but I'm with you on this one. I think VJ was dealt a bag deck with how bad the QB's played. Yes, he made some bone headed decisions by sticking with Mckenzie on special teams or Maybe sticking with Siemian too long too. He was a rookie head coach trying to show his players that he has faith in them. That is not a bad thing, if anything he gained respect from the vets on the team. That's why they all got on his side when he was reported to be gone. Get a better QB and better play out of the line and you'll see better coaching, naturally go hand in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  You know, you and I don't agree on a lot.....but I'm with you on this one. I think VJ was dealt a bag deck with how bad the QB's played. Yes, he made some bone headed decisions by sticking with Mckenzie on special teams or Maybe sticking with Siemian too long too. He was a rookie head coach trying to show his players that he has faith in them. That is not a bad thing, if anything he gained respect from the vets on the team. That's why they all got on his side when he was reported to be gone. Get a better QB and better play out of the line and you'll see better coaching, naturally go hand in hand.
                  Yes I know we hardly ever agree....it's cool we agree on this thing.....wish you would get in board with Jackson in the 2nd...if he is even there lol....
                  My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Yes I know we hardly ever agree....it's cool we agree on this thing.....wish you would get in board with Jackson in the 2nd...if he is even there lol....
                    The only reason I'm not on board with Jackson is because I don't want Denver to turn into Carolina. I don't want to watch the QB run, I want to watch him actually play QB and get all the players involved. I want our receivers to have 100 catch seasons, I want our RB to be the 1000 yard rusher....not the QB.

The QB is supposed to be the guy that utilizes his weapons and finds mismatches vs the defense, not just run when 1 or 2 options aren't there. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe he'll turn into a good passer but I just don't see it. I'm actually becoming more of a Rosen guy than anything at this point because of what I just described.

Comment

I'm actually becoming more of a Rosen guy than anything at this point because of what I just described.
                      Not for the same reason as you, but I agree with this. Rosen is a guy that I never watched much of because I don’t really watch a whole lot of pac 12 football. But, now the more I see from him, I really want the broncos to do what they can to draft him. I think he’s going to be the clear best qb in this draft by the time it’s all over.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                        Not for the same reason as you, but I agree with this. Rosen is a guy that I never watched much of because I don’t really watch a whole lot of pac 12 football. But, now the more I see from him, I really want the broncos to do what they can to draft him. I think he’s going to be the clear best qb in this draft by the time it’s all over.
                        Agreed. Probably the smallest learning curve for him, and can likely run the offense the Broncos will run, whatever that may be. However, after the Eagles won the SB off of RPOs it seems a college offense isn't the worst idea. VJ has already alluded to the Broncos needing to run an offense that matches the strengths of a QB, so I can see Mayfield or Allen doing OK with us.
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

The team was consistently unprepared and undisciplined. That and the locker room fractures and the mind boggling on field decisions.

Dude is not an NFL head coach and should have never been hired. He is completely lost.
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                            Agreed. Probably the smallest learning curve for him, and can likely run the offense the Broncos will run, whatever that may be. However, after the Eagles won the SB off of RPOs it seems a college offense isn't the worst idea. VJ has already alluded to the Broncos needing to run an offense that matches the strengths of a QB, so I can see Mayfield or Allen doing OK with us.
                            Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that I wouldn’t take another qb aside from Rosen. It’s just my preference because I personally feel that Rosen will be a top 5 caliber quarterback (of the current players at the time) during his prime. But, I’d be happy with Baker at 5. I see a lot of the current top quarterbacks when I watch Rosen’s fundamentals. And I think people are blowing his decisions from freshman year way out of proportion. Even Mora will tell you that he’s grown up a lot.

Comment

The only reason I'm not on board with Jackson is because I don't want Denver to turn into Carolina. I don't want to watch the QB run, I want to watch him actually play QB and get all the players involved. I want our receivers to have 100 catch seasons, I want our RB to be the 1000 yard rusher....not the QB.

The QB is supposed to be the guy that utilizes his weapons and finds mismatches vs the defense, not just run when 1 or 2 options aren't there. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe he'll turn into a good passer but I just don't see it. I'm actually becoming more of a Rosen guy than anything at this point because of what I just described.
                              My question to you is what makes Rosen is better than Jackson and you're wanting him more jdub?

Comment

I agree on the Cousins front. He won’t get Jimmy G money from us, if that’s what he’s looking for he will have to settle for Cleveland or the Jets. If he comes here it’s because Elway convinces him to take a deal worth around 23-25 million annually. I kind of doubt it. I am not a fan of acquiring Nick Foles either. The key to his success in Philly was excellent playcalling from Pederson and Reich, plus a great offensive line and WRs who actually fight for the football, he won’t have anything resembling that here. I think he’s another Matt Schaub type, he will get a nice deal from someone but vastly underperform.
                                I’m much for on board with signing a guy like Case Keenum, who can probably be had for 18-20 per year annually. You sign Keenum and let your young guys like Lynch and Kelly grow behind him. Not on board with Taylor, or any other available guy outside of Cousins or Keenum.
                                My favorite option is drafting one of Rosen, Darnold, or Allen at 5 (a big NO to Mayfield) if we land one of these guys hand them the keys day 1. I’m golden if we do or land one of Cousins or Keenum.
                                As far as our roster goes I think it is stacked with young, untapped potential and I think Elway has done a better job than anyone gives him credit for building it. Our RB situation is great imo; Anderson is a top 10 starting RB in this league, if our line improves he will prove it. Booker has loads of talent but needs a real coach to tap it, and Henderson shows some potential. Our WR core needs redone. Thomas is above average at best, if we sign a vet like Cousins I say keep him, but if we go the rookie route dump him, same with Sanders. Grab a couple of guys the rookie can grow with. Taylor can be a legit stud if our idiotic coaching staff would give him a real shot. If DT and Sanders stay he should be the unquestioned #3. If one of them leave I’m ok with sliding him into their spot. Latimer can walk, McKenzie is hot trash, and the other guys are as well. We need to add a body or two here either way this offseason.
                                I love the potential of the TE spot. If Butt comes back 100% you’re looking at another Travis Kelce/Zach Ertz type player. This kid is a legit TE and just needs a shot to prove it. Huerman has tons of potential as well, I think he and Butt can form a great 1-2 punch at TE. Traylor has shown great potential as well, John has done a good job at this position imo.
                                O-Line is a work in progress. Bolles, Paradis, and Leary aren’t going anywhere and are all 3 solid starters with potential to be more. I think sliding Leary to the left side would work wonders for Bolles, playing next to turdflop Garcia killed him last year. The wild card here is McGovern, if he keeps trending upwards he is our answer at RG imo. One of the biggest needs on the team is a RT, that must be addressed via FA or in the first 2 rounds of the draft. I think we need to add 1-2 tackles, and 1 guard at some point, and should ask Watson to take a pay cut and move down to be a backup guard. The line needs work, and Elway knows it.
                                The d-line, contrary to popular belief, is in great shape. Peko and Kerr make up a great tandem at NT. Assuming Wolfe comes back we are absolutely stacked at DE with up and coming young guys like Harris, Gotsis, and Walker (who needs to add 15-20 lbs and move down to his more natural spot.) We desperately need another Malik Jackson pushing the pocket, I think at least one of those 3 youngsters can do it. We have plenty of talent here.
                                I agree 100% that LB is a mess. I really hope we don’t try to retain Davis. Our OLB situation is one of he best in th league still with Miller, Barrett, and Ray, but adding a mid round draft pick with potential here wouldn’t hurt. However, our ILBs suck terribly, like I said hopefully we let Davis walk. I know it won’t happen but I wish we would cut Marshall, he is absolute trash and wouldn’t start on most teams. I think behind QB and RT ILB is the biggest area of need. I would like to see us add a FA like DeMario Davis or Zach Brown here, and draft a guy or two in rounds 2-4. The quicker Marshall gets pushed to the side the better imo.
                                CB is still in solid shape even if we cut ties with Talib. Harris is a top 5 shutdown corner in the league and Roby is a great #2 option, even though he gets no respect around here. We can either slide him into Talib’s role or keep him in the slot and sign a FA. Ideally Aqib takes a paycut and retires a Bronco but I doubt it. If he leaves I think we need 1 FA and 1 mid round rookie here.
                                The safety position looks promising but could use another body. Stewart has another good year or two in him and Simmons potential is off the charts. Will Parks also has a chance to be good. The more I think about it I LOVE the idea of drafting Minkah Fitzpatrick and pairing him up with Simmons down the road, you have that at safety with Harris and Roby at CB, whoah.
                                Last but not least I think Riley Dixon badly needs replaced, he’s average at best and can be upgraded on. We also badly need a true PR.

My ideal offseason would look like this;
                                Sign; QB Case Keenum, WR Allen Robinson, OT Nate Solder, LB DeMario Davis, and CB Aaron Colvin.
                                Clear cap space by cutting or trading; Thomas or Sanders, and Talib. Have Watson take a paycut and slide down to guard. That should clear enough cap space to sign the guys mentioned above.

Draft;
                                1. DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
                                2. LB Jerome Baker, Malik Jefferson, or Kyle Vander Esch
                                3. Best OT available.
                                3. Best WR/PR available.
                                4. Best C/G available.
                                5-7. RB, O-Line, OLB, P

In a perfect world for me, our offseason would go a lil sumthin like dat.

I think Elway gets a bad rap, guys like CJ, Booker, Taylor, Butt, Huerman, Bolles, Paradis, McGovern, Harris, Gotsis, Walker, Ray, Barrett, Roby, and Simmons who he drafted all have the potential to be quality starters with a few potential perennial pro bowlers in there. Has he missed on some picks, absolutely, but the cupboard is far from bare. My biggest issue with what John has done is hiring Vance Joseph, and I don’t think this roster will see it’s full potential until he’s gone.
                                I agree Elway needs to nail this offseason, and I think he will.

Comment

Working...
                                X