History Says Don't Spend big on QB! / Offseason Dillema / Coaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    My question to you is what makes Rosen is better than Jackson and you're wanting him more jdub?
    Yes, I am slowly becoming more of a Rosen guy. I still like Mayfield and think he will be good but I look at who wins superbowls every year. It's the QB who beats you from the pocket. I think Rosen is the guy who is the best passer in the draft and is already equipped with the NFL tools. Rosen is better than Jackson because of what I just said. There isn't much to correct with Rosen as far as mechanics and footwork. Jackson is the polar opposite of Rosen, he needs a lot of work and I worry about him running too much. Running QB's don't win championships

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      Yes, I am slowly becoming more of a Rosen guy. I still like Mayfield and think he will be good but I look at who wins superbowls every year. It's the QB who beats you from the pocket. I think Rosen is the guy who is the best passer in the draft and is already equipped with the NFL tools. Rosen is better than Jackson because of what I just said. There isn't much to correct with Rosen as far as mechanics and footwork. Jackson is the polar opposite of Rosen, he needs a lot of work and I worry about him running too much. Running QB's don't win championships
      So bc lamar is more athletic that makes josh better???
      My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

So bc lamar is more athletic that makes josh better???
        Josh is the better passer, hands down.....that's not even a debate

Comment

Josh is the better passer, hands down.....that's not even a debate
          Ok that's one score for him....So he is better bc he is a better passer right?
          My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

I like Jackson, but he is a big time project, there is no denying that. Jackson has a great arm, is extremely athletic, and can make plays out of nothing, but he will need some great, patient coaching in the NFL he if he is going to be successful. Jackson needs to be rewired in how he plays in my opinion, he is far to quick to take off and run, his footwork is terrible, and he takes on way too much contact as a runner for someone with such a skinny frame. I think if he falls to the 2nd or 3rd round, and team takes a chance on him, and invests some serious time into him allowing him to develop, they could end up with a really special player. Rosen is a much more pro-ready prospect though, and a much better prospect in my opinion.

Comment

Ok that's one score for him....So he is better bc he is a better passer right?
              Yeah? That is what makes a good QB, the ability to complete throws at every level of the field consistently. I don't care if my QB is athletic and can run fast, can he beat you from the pocket? That is the ultimate question on every QB in the draft and that will be the question every single GM will be asking about Jackson.

Comment

Yeah? That is what makes a good QB, the ability to complete throws at every level of the field consistently. I don't care if my QB is athletic and can run fast, can he beat you from the pocket? That is the ultimate question on every QB in the draft and that will be the question every single GM will be asking about Jackson.
                Glad you said that..
                Career stats
                Josh R.
                712 of 1170; Comp %60; yards 9340, avg 8.0; Tds 59; int 26; rating 140.1

Lamar J
                619 of 1086; Comp % 57; yards 9043; avg 8.3; Tds 69; I nt 27; rating 142.9

So you said Jackson had bad footwork and mechanics but somehow put up just as good or not better numbers than the qb you say you like more. I didn't bring up the rushing...bc that would add another 50 tds to jackson.

Somehow this escapes me. That's the good thing about this...we all like who Jackson. Btw this is not an argument it was just a question. Back to the topic at hand.

Comment

Glad you said that..
                  Career stats
                  Josh R.
                  712 of 1170; Comp %60; yards 9340, avg 8.0; Tds 59; int 26; rating 140.1

Lamar J
                  619 of 1086; Comp % 57; yards 9043; avg 8.3; Tds 69; I nt 27; rating 142.9

So you said Jackson had bad footwork and mechanics but somehow put up just as good or not better numbers than the qb you say you like more. I didn't bring up the rushing...bc that would add another 50 tds to jackson.

Somehow this escapes me. That's the good thing about this...we all like who Jackson. Btw this is not an argument it was just a question. Back to the topic at hand.
                  Can Jackson beat you from the pocket? Almost all of Rosen's yards came from within the pocket. That is Elways preferred style of QB. Jackson is a playmaker, I never said he wasnt but he is far from a pocket passer

Comment

Can Jackson beat you from the pocket? Almost all of Rosen's yards came from within the pocket. That is Elways preferred style of QB. Jackson is a playmaker, I never said he wasnt but he is far from a pocket passer
                    There is not rule in the NFL saying you have to win from the pocket.... big Ben, Rodgers, Russell, cam, m arcus, etc all make plays outside the pocket. Getting the win is what counts......yes no running QB won the SB...but there have been wayyy .more pocket than runners..... what does stafford, rivers, carson, cousin, romo, smith, luck, all have in common=never took team to Superbowl.....but cam, Russell, and kap have...now did they win no...but outside of Ben, Rodgers, brees, Peyton, Russell, brady...who has??? Since 2001....so all these pocket and that have come out since 2001....how many has gone to the SB???....Who said Jackson can't do it. ANY QB coming out is a project bc it's no guarantee.....Jackson is gonna surprise a lot of people watch.

Comment

There is not rule in the NFL saying you have to win from the pocket.... big Ben, Rodgers, Russell, cam, m arcus, etc all make plays outside the pocket. Getting the win is what counts......yes no running QB won the SB...but there have been wayyy .more pocket than runners..... what does stafford, rivers, carson, cousin, romo, smith, luck, all have in common=never took team to Superbowl.....but cam, Russell, and kap have...now did they win no...but outside of Ben, Rodgers, brees, Peyton, Russell, brady...who has??? Since 2001....so all these pocket and that have come out since 2001....how many has gone to the SB???....Who said Jackson can't do it. ANY QB coming out is a project bc it's no guarantee.....Jackson is gonna surprise a lot of people watch.
                      Put any one of those QBs on the Panthers or Seahawks defense and we are talking about the superbowl they won. Cam I don't think will ever win a SB because he is a terrible thrower. If you force him to throw from the pocket he is the most inaccurate passer in the NFL and every team knows it now, just watch super bowl 50 again.

Russell was a beneficiary of being on a great defense. He is a great athlete and a much better thrower than Cam but just like Cam, if you make him throw from within the pocket he loses his game. He lives outside the pocket and we are seeing how ineffective he is without the great D to bail him out. There is a reason all GM's look for 6'4" pocket passing QB's every year.

You like Jackson and I get why but we will not be watching him win super bowls any time soon, just my opinion and I think most the people in the NFL think the same way.

Comment

Put any one of those QBs on the Panthers or Seahawks defense and we are talking about the superbowl they won. Cam I don't think will ever win a SB because he is a terrible thrower. If you force him to throw from the pocket he is the most inaccurate passer in the NFL and every team knows it now, just watch super bowl 50 again.

Russell was a beneficiary of being on a great defense. He is a great athlete and a much better thrower than Cam but just like Cam, if you make him throw from within the pocket he loses his game. He lives outside the pocket and we are seeing how ineffective he is without the great D to bail him out. There is a reason all GM's look for 6'4" pocket passing QB's every year.

You like Jackson and I get why but we will not be watching him win super bowls any time soon, just my opinion and I think most the people in the NFL think the same way.
                        So it's bc of the def...Right...well if that's the case take about 3 SB from brady...manning last one, and b en first one bc it was bc of their def why they got there....I completely saying they would have won...but it's cool...and if GM look for 6'4 then baker Mayfield D ont stand a chance based off what you said. And btw NOT ALL GM look for that bc some of the qbs...wouldn't have been drafted....Good stuff.

Comment

So it's bc of the def...Right...well if that's the case take about 3 SB from brady...manning last one, and b en first one bc it was bc of their def why they got there....I completely saying they would have won...but it's cool...and if GM look for 6'4 then baker Mayfield D ont stand a chance based off what you said. And btw NOT ALL GM look for that bc some of the qbs...wouldn't have been drafted....Good stuff.
                          You don't have to take my word for anything, just look at history. Who wins super bowls? Easy question to answer.....and it doesn't involve read option systems and quarter backs....

Comment

You don't have to take my word for anything, just look at history. Who wins super bowls? Easy question to answer.....and it doesn't involve read option systems and quarter backs....
                            Well foles just be the goat using RPO....so sorry....disagree again.....and watch D Watson this year. There are many ways you can win....RPO is not as old as traditional pocket passer thus you will have more SB wins in history with a pick get passer. No QB was ever like mike Vick and that was in 2000....18 years ago......we just played the 52 Superbowl....

Comment

Elway, Young, and Wilson are the only real mobile QBs that have had success. Brady, Mannings, Flacco, and Big Ben (now) prefer to stay in the pocket
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I also think that VJ ruined TS. TS showed promise in 2016 and won 8 games. He played a lot worse this year, coincidence?
                                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                                X