Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History Says Don't Spend big on QB! / Offseason Dillema / Coaching

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Elway, Young, and Wilson are the only real mobile QBs that have had success. Brady, Mannings, Flacco, and Big Ben (now) prefer to stay in the pocket
    I would throw in Fran Tarkenton on the mobile side. Here's his resume:

    Career highlights and awards
    -9× Pro Bowl (1964, 1966–1970, 1974–1976)
    -First-team All-Pro (1975)
    -Second-team All-Pro (1973)
    -NFL Most Valuable Player (1975)
    -NFL Offensive Player of the Year (1975)
    -Bert Bell Award (1975)
    -NFL passing yards leader (1978)
    -NFL passing touchdowns leader (1975)
    -Minnesota Vikings No. 10 retired
    -At the time of his retirement, Tarkenton owned every major quarterback record
    -He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1986

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      I would throw in Fran Tarkenton on the mobile side. Here's his resume:

      Career highlights and awards
      -9× Pro Bowl (1964, 1966–1970, 1974–1976)
      -First-team All-Pro (1975)
      -Second-team All-Pro (1973)
      -NFL Most Valuable Player (1975)
      -NFL Offensive Player of the Year (1975)
      -Bert Bell Award (1975)
      -NFL passing yards leader (1978)
      -NFL passing touchdowns leader (1975)
      -Minnesota Vikings No. 10 retired
      -At the time of his retirement, Tarkenton owned every major quarterback record
      -He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1986
      No SB ring
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
        No SB ring
        So, are you saying Dan Marino was not a successful QB? (I would define "success" different than you)

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          So, are you saying Dan Marino was not a successful QB? (I would define "success" different than you)
          Dan Marino was a great QB, however he's like Peyton Manning. They're great in the regular season, but in the playoffs, not as much. So you have to ask yourself, "Do I want a QB that will succeed in the regular season, or do I want to win SBs?
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
            Dan Marino was a great QB, however he's like Peyton Manning. They're great in the regular season, but in the playoffs, not as much. So you have to ask yourself, "Do I want a QB that will succeed in the regular season, or do I want to win SBs?
            We have different definitions of success. Both Tarkenton and Marino were very successful in my books. When defining "success", I would make sure that a QB has every chance to win a SB....which is on the entire team.

            That's cool. We differ.

            Comment

            Working...
            X