Trade Shane Ray???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Because now apparently we should trade everyone off the team..
    Hey that's not a half bad idea. we could trade all or our players we have for drat picks and we could draft all 53 players this year!!!
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Doubt Ray has much value. But I wouldn't be sad. Shaq Barrett was better, and was robbed of his starting spot when Ray came back.
      sigpic

Comment

I know you guys are joking, but I have always wondered about the possibility of an already good, established team trading all of their draft picks for future picks in the following draft. For example, trade a 2018 1st rounder, for a 2019 1st and 2nd rounder. Then trade a 2018 2nd rounder for a 2019 1st rounder. Then a 2018 3rd rounder, for a 2019 2nd rounder, and so. Then when 2019 rolls around, you will be stacked with draft picks and be able to dominate the draft. In 2019 you would then have:

1st round (Original)
        1st round (Trade)
        1st round (Trade)
        2nd round (Original)
        2nd round (Trade)
        2nd round (Trade)
        3rd round (Original)
        3rd round (Trade)
        4th round (Original)
        4th round (Trade)
        Etc.

Obviously this would never happen, but with the way John Elway has drafted over the years, skipping one draft class and moving all draft assets to the next year would of actually not been that bad, especially considering we have barely got any production out of our draft picks for a couple of years now. I've always thought it would be an interesting concept if a team was too do this, especially if they felt the future draft class was more talented then the current one.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
          Why would we attempt to trade Ray when his trade value will be lower than it ever has been and he is still on his rookie contract?
          Actually, that is a pretty good point
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
            Doubt Ray has much value. But I wouldn't be sad. Shaq Barrett was better, and was robbed of his starting spot when Ray came back.
            I thought when Ray came back we'd see disruption on both sides of the D-Line, and Ray was a non-factor, they only reason he is going to stay on this team is because he is still on his rookie contract unless he shows up in a game, but until then he is 2nd to Barrett until he can earn it.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
              I can see a team giving more than just a 5th, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2nd out of him. He is still young and hasn't even reached his prime yet. I would offer our 2nd and Ray to move back into the 1st at some point if there was a player targeted that they knew wouldn't make it back to them.
              I'd do that deal for Arden Key but I wouldn't do that for our 2nd I do that package for our 3rd. When you're looking at where Ray is at and the fact that he's been hurt there are MANY question marks. There will always be some dice rolling when it comes to rookies and the draft but Arden Key has had good seasons and the risk reward is there due to the fact that he is a pass rusher. Another player I'd be willing to do that for is Orlando Brown. For him if say we went after Chubb as a rushing DE with our #5 I'd be all over freeing up cap space by moving Ray and getting Brown as our new RT. These are all assuming that we go after Kirk or another FA QB.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                Actually, that is a pretty good point
                Because he'll be due nearly 3 Million dollars. And the hypothetical is that a team will value him based on what he's shown he can do when he was healthy. I agree with you though if we are not given THAT value for Ray then for 2.9 Mil. we should keep him.

Comment

The stupidity of trade ray talk is too much to handle

The man was injured in camp... could not lift weights on his upper body all season and ended up losing almost 30 pounds of muscle and much needed upper body strength

To sit here and say he was worse than Shaq and and his two sacks because he just is is rediculous and shows a serious lack of understanding or knowledge

I recall how bad we razzed SD over Melvin Ingram’s scant sacks in his first three years... but now he is a force

ingram first 3 seasons....6 sacks...last 3 seasons...29 sacks

ray first three seasons...13 sacks...and people want to trade him

Let Shane get his strength back and you will see why he was drafted
                  Last edited by arapaho; 02-12-2018, 10:50 AM.
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

So at this point we trade/cut

Ray
                    Roby
                    Talib
                    dT
                    eS
                    Marshall
                    All the qbs ( ok good idea here )
                    All coaches but musgrave
                    The GM

And get anyone we want for the price we feel is fair and draft all starters after fleecing every other team in the trade

Seems reasonable, Sounds good! :thumb:
                    sigpic

Comment

So at this point we trade/cut

Ray
                      Roby
                      Talib
                      dT
                      eS
                      Marshall
                      All the qbs ( ok good idea here )
                      All coaches but musgrave
                      The GM

And get anyone we want for the price we feel is fair and draft all starters after fleecing every other team in the trade

Seems reasonable, Sounds good! :thumb:
                      It sounds so crazy when saying out loud but looking it and it makes sense. Some times you need to gut the teamto move forward. We will def be bad for a few years but hopefully the end result is worth it.

Comment

I agree that somethings you move on from players. So a couple of the vereran ones... ya but young talent on their first contracts... I don’t agree..
                        sigpic

Comment

I agree that somethings you move on from players. So a couple of the vereran ones... ya but young talent on their first contracts... I don’t agree..
                          One issue we had last season on defense was pressure and sacks. Part of that was poor scheme and part of that was our guys not getting there. So unless Ray comes back and gets 8+ sacks...it will be hard to justify his draft position and taking a roster spot. Ray has also missed time 10 games in three years due to injury. One could also argue that the games he was with us this past season he was only half there due to injury limitations. So for me the question is can he stay healthy and if not would a recoup of a 2nd or a package deal to get a younger guy in the back or middle of the 1st not make sense?

Comment

Shane Ray sucks. Dude has Von Miller on the other side and a good secondary behind him and still can't do jack.

He sucks. Him and his Chiefs tatoo suck

Comment

Working...
                            X