No announcement yet.

Trade Roby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no way you trade Roby for less than a 2nd rd pick. If you can get an early-mid 2nd for him, great (you likely won't in today's stupid about draft picks NFL) ...so no.

Don't trade a young rangy with good ball skills and plus athleticism CB.

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81
      Lol keep reaching buddy. In the ended he reached a plea deal which is common in this situations, pleading guilty and reducing charges. Rather than taking a not guilty plea he admitted guilty to misordly conduct. The only evidence I can find is Kelly pleading guilting as well as stating it was all his fault in the police report. The evidence is literally slapping you in the face, but you are so in denial is makes no difference.

I already posted the link that reports Kelly's gun threat, then he later goes on to apologize and says it was ALL his fault. Hmmm all his fault, then pleads guilty to misorderly conduct. He literally accepts responsibility for everything in the police report, which includes his threat.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ng-arrest/amp/

Why would somebody who is innocent take a plea deal and plead guilt? Can people be anymore delusional?
      The thread is about Roby. There is a thread for Chad Kelly:

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...Kelly-Question

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
        There's no way you trade Roby for less than a 2nd rd pick. If you can get an early-mid 2nd for him, great (you likely won't in today's stupid about draft picks NFL) ...so no.

I agree, if there was any kind of indication that Denver had doubts about him they wouldn't have picked up his 5th year option either. Roby isn't going anywhere, Talib, I can't say the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Yeah, pretty much this.

Don't be surprised if some posts are cleaned up to keep this thread on topic.

Comment

Good looking out, I thought I was posting in a Paxton Lynch thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              Yeah, pretty much this.

Don't be surprised if some posts are cleaned up to keep this thread on topic.
              Whoops sorry, I was in the middle of responding to a post after you posted this. I'll stay on topic, Conversation was going nowhere anyways

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                Good looking out, I thought I was posting in a Paxton Lynch thread.
                I’ve done the same thing.

I’m in the camp of keeping Roby. Not sure if it will be possible to keep Roby and Talib. It’s amazing how quickly the cap situation can change. It wasn’t long ago the Broncos were at $50+ million available.

Comment

I’ve done the same thing.

I’m in the camp of keeping Roby. Not sure if it will be possible to keep Roby and Talib. It’s amazing how quickly the cap situation can change. It wasn’t long ago the Broncos were at $50+ million available.
                  I think we can get cuts in other places. Depending on how the FO views Menelik Watson, the cap hit would only be 2.5 million instead of losing 6 million to pay him. DT and Sanders are both at risk cuts as well. We are at 27 million; our cap space with a cut to DT or Sanders and Watson goes to 41 million.
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                    I think we can get cuts in other places. Depending on how the FO views Menelik Watson, the cap hit would only be 2.5 million instead of losing 6 million to pay him. DT and Sanders are both at risk cuts as well. We are at 27 million; our cap space with a cut to DT or Sanders and Watson goes to 41 million.
                    There are lots of ways to create cap space. We’ll see how much the Broncos value Roby after the 2018 season. Roby will earn just over $8.5 mil this year. If I had to guess the Broncos will try to extend Roby and CHJr. A lot of teams need a CB - Browns, Bucs, Bears, 49ers, Raiders, Cowboys, Patriots and Eagles. I don’t see the Broncos trading Talib to the Raiders. However I could see a OG or OT in exchange with one of the other teams in need of a CB. I could be wrong but see greater odds of keeping Roby. We’ll see what happens.

Comment

Broncos are thin at CB-- yet some think it is a good idea to 'trade'. I think some would benefit by doing a little reading before starting a thread or posting.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...eed-cornerback
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                        Broncos are thin at CB-- yet some think it is a good idea to 'trade'. I think some would benefit by doing a little reading before starting a thread or posting.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...eed-cornerback
                        The author didn’t mention the variety of talented CBs available in this draft.

Comment

Roby is over hyped on this forum. Sure he does good while he is a 3rd CB with arguable the best 2 next to him. He has shown when Talib is out he's just not the same player. I'm down with trading him signing butler. Let's go

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post

What I am struggling with is Talib is clearly a better player than Roby...Period. Roby has also shown that he is not at the same level as CHJ or Talib. Our defense, generally speaking, needs two CB's who are capable of covering 1 on 1 in man coverage. It really frees us up to do better and more things. IMO- because we are so thin at this position I think we need to keep Roby but IMO if I had to pick We'd trade Roby and try to extend Talib. Then work on development and drafting replacements. The issue I have with Roby is that he has proven to be a liability in situations. HE also seems to get dinged for penalties often (at least it seems that way).

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                              What I am struggling with is Talib is clearly a better player than Roby...Period. Roby has also shown that he is not at the same level as CHJ or Talib. Our defense, generally speaking, needs two CB's who are capable of covering 1 on 1 in man coverage. It really frees us up to do better and more things. IMO- because we are so thin at this position I think we need to keep Roby but IMO if I had to pick We'd trade Roby and try to extend Talib. Then work on development and drafting replacements. The issue I have with Roby is that he has proven to be a liability in situations. HE also seems to get dinged for penalties often (at least it seems that way).
                              Roby had 4 penalties for 75 yards. Talib had 2 penalties however he was ejected from the game vs. Raiders and suspended for 2 games (reduced 1 game). Both players can be a liability in different ways.

Comment

Working...
                              X