Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jarvis Landry

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jarvis Landry

    We need this guy.

    We have two serviceable guys on the outside, but we struggle mightily in the middle of the field. We have yet to have any of our TE's step up and help there. With DT and Sanders both aging too we need a youth injection.

    Landry has been an absolute beast over the middle the past 4 years. He is prolly going to command ~12-14 mil a year, but i think its money well spent. So far we have done a very poor job drafting WR's and in todays passing NFL its a must.

    We also are going to have a new QB at some point. Whether it be a vet or a Rookie, we need to set them up to succeed. By next year I am guessing that either DT or Sanders if off the books and the large cap hits they have with them. I think its kind of a rarity that this sort of talent becomes available.

  • #2
    He's been franchised, Miami sets the asking price for what they'll accept as compensation (if anything) and then Landry decides if he'll play ball by negotiating a long term deal (no team is trading for his rights without that) and whether he'll even sign his franchise tender so that he can possibly be traded.

    I wouldn't hold my breath on Denver getting him, at least until they have some clarity at QB.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      He's been franchised, Miami sets the asking price for what they'll accept as compensation (if anything) and then Landry decides if he'll play ball by negotiating a long term deal (no team is trading for his rights without that) and whether he'll even sign his franchise tender so that he can possibly be traded.

      I wouldn't hold my breath on Denver getting him, at least until they have some clarity at QB.
      I agree. WE need QB clarity. I think however that with our riches of picks this year that we could possibly afford to offer them a pick. Its clear they don't want to pay him (dont ask me why).

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Gsam View Post
        I agree. WE need QB clarity. I think however that with our riches of picks this year that we could possibly afford to offer them a pick. Its clear they don't want to pay him (dont ask me why).
        He's a great option for sure, and I wouldn't be opposed to Denver making a play for him, but yeah until we have a QB to market ourselves to him I can't see him eager to sign with Denver. The other sticking point could be the apparent bad blood between Elway and Gase, would either side be eager to work with the other? Of course Miami is probably one bad season away from being Gase free, so they might make the decision without his feelings being counted.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          He's a great option for sure, and I wouldn't be opposed to Denver making a play for him, but yeah until we have a QB to market ourselves to him I can't see him eager to sign with Denver. The other sticking point could be the apparent bad blood between Elway and Gase, would either side be eager to work with the other? Of course Miami is probably one bad season away from being Gase free, so they might make the decision without his feelings being counted.
          Ya, I dont know what is going on in miami. The Ajayi trade seemed very abrupt and knee jerk. Who knows what they would trade landry for. I would certainly be on the phone.

          If you are landry, you know your gonna be playing with one of the big 4, or cousins, keenum, or foles.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have some serious doubt about getting him, but I'd LOVE to have Jarvis Landry.

            Comment


            • #7
              I don’t think Landry has signed the tag, so they can’t talk to Miami about a trade.

              Right now, as it stands, it would cost a long term contract and two first round picks.

              Even if he signs the tag, I don’t see how it makes sense to trade for him.

              The Broncos need help in other areas more than they need a wide receiver.
              You're Wrong!
              Recognize That You're Wrong!
              Move On

              Comment


              • #8
                Tom Brady

                We need this guy, if we have him then we have a shot at the Super Bowl. Come on John Elway do whatever it takes, don't mind the fact that he is already signed and it's impossible to get but find a way.

                Comment


                • #9
                  If it's about having needing a threat working out of the slot, I never understood why they didn't get Emmanuel more work from there.

                  Yes he is build like a slot and produces fine out wide....but..... I feel like we could have got him in some good match ups working the slot.

                  It would be nice to see us get some production out of the slot, and as much as I appreciate him, Bennie is a lunch pale guy that teams are not worried about.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Over 30 mill in cap on receivers and not a QB to throw to them or a line to keep him upright.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Trade Talib and our Comp 3rd for him. Sign Bridgewater and Draft Nelson at 5. Trade our 3rd and 2nd to jump back up in 1st and draft Connor Williams and wait till Saturday.
                      Last edited by Gbt31; 02-27-2018, 07:01 AM.
                      New England Patriots GM

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                        Trade Talib and our Comp 3rd for him. Sign Bridgewater and Draft Nelson at 5. Trade our 3rd and 2nd to jump back up in 1st and draft Connor Williams and wait till Saturday.
                        I just threw up in my mouth thinking of this nightmare situation

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                          Trade Talib and our Comp 3rd for him. Sign Bridgewater and Draft Nelson at 5. Trade our 3rd and 2nd to jump back up in 1st and draft Connor Williams and wait till Saturday.
                          Thanks but no thanks, I'll pass on that. Landry has been tagged too, not sure why people are even discussing this. Dolphins won't let him go for anything less than a 1st

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Why do people keep saying the dolphins wont get anything less than a first? Marcus Peters was just traded for a 2nd and 4th yet hes one of the best young corners in football. If a team is not gonna pay a player they lose all leverage even with the tag.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                              Why do people keep saying the dolphins wont get anything less than a first? Marcus Peters was just traded for a 2nd and 4th yet hes one of the best young corners in football. If a team is not gonna pay a player they lose all leverage even with the tag.
                              Because the Dolphins haven't given any indication that they are willing to even part with him. And that is the going rate for a franchise tag player

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X