Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking like a 2 QB offseason for Broncos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • looking like a 2 QB offseason for Broncos

    Rumor of the Day....
    The Broncos hope to fallback on Case Keenum if they lose out on Kirk Cousins.

    If they do this I still think they have to draft a QB at #5. Signing Keenum doesn't make us any better than an 8-8. Wasted money and Cap Space.

    Hopefully Josh Allen is availble at #5. He needs to sit a yr. He has the highest Ceilings of all these guys availble in the draft and free agency.
    Last edited by munoz1987; 03-05-2018, 10:12 AM.
    "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

  • #2
    Uhhh, just reading these posts makes me really hate the fact that we drafted Paxton Lynch. Why? Why??
    New England Patriots GM

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
      Uhhh, just reading these posts makes me really hate the fact that we drafted Paxton Lynch. Why? Why??
      Desperation move after losing Osweiler (who ironically isn't a quality QB either) and bringing Mark Sanchez to the roster.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Case Keenum + Josh Allen is Siemian + Lynch 2.0
        Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche


        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          So if we lose the Cousins sweepstakes, hopefully it'll be to Minnesota.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
            Uhhh, just reading these posts makes me really hate the fact that we drafted Paxton Lynch. Why? Why??
            I liked the pick when it happened. Not starting him Day 1 was the worst descions ever. I get he wasn't grasping the playbook as fast. But thats the old style thinking. Todays game you have to adapt to the player not the other way around. It worked for PHI & HOU.
            Now Lynch is damaged goods and needs a change of scenery. Broncos destroyed his confidence.
            "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
              So if we lose the Cousins sweepstakes, hopefully it'll be to Minnesota.
              no I hope it's to the NYJ or ARI. Teams the could leap frog Denver in the draft to get a QB.
              "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

              Comment


              • #8
                This makes me sad, If we don't get Cousins we need to just draft a qb and roll with him. If you have to waste the opportunity for a blue chip position player for a qb I want that qb to play. I really hope this doesn't come to pass.
                https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FN_zd9ZXMAUYam4?format=jpg&name=large
                BCMB Div I | BCMB FF Smackdown

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                  Case Keenum + Josh Allen is Siemian + Lynch 2.0
                  Just much more financially crippling...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    How about we just draft someone not named Josh Allen? Please?
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                      This makes me sad, If we don't get Cousins we need to just draft a qb and roll with him. If you have to waste the opportunity for a blue chip position player for a qb I want that qb to play. I really hope this doesn't come to pass.
                      Agreed
                      whoever is drafted at #5 has to be a day 1 starter. we can't have another Lynch situation. I can live with them playing a Young QB and miss the playoffs over them with Keenum and missing the playoffs. He aint gonna lead us anywhere close to the Superbowl. Vikings have a top 5 roster, Broncos ain't in the top 20.
                      "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Not a bad plan-B. Just hurts bc then we have to go QB at 5, instead of another direction or a trade down.

                        Keenum, Allen/Mayfield, Kelly/Lynch should our DEN in a positIon to
                        Emerge with a viable QB... it’s anout coaching.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
                          Agreed
                          whoever is drafted at #5 has to be a day 1 starter. we can't have another Lynch situation. I can live with them playing a Young QB and miss the playoffs over them with Keenum and missing the playoffs. He aint gonna lead us anywhere close to the Superbowl. Vikings have a top 5 roster, Broncos ain't in the top 20.
                          IMO Sign Cousins or draft the future and start him Day One. Even if they have to move up for the guy they "believe " in the most.

                          I hate the idea of paying slightly less for a journeyman as a stop gap for a rookie. Don't they have that on the roster with the hard working intellectual Seimian and the always optimistic Osweiller? FO needs to choose their franchise QB and pay the price. Whether in salary or commitment of system, roster and play calling. If they choose a rookie they need to support his style of play and his mistakes as he plays.

                          Choosing a rookie will have ripples though. From recent player comments I wonder how much they can "live with" a young QB and potentially miss the playoffs. Choosing to go journeyman or rookie (and the likely competition to start) is going to alienate some of the vets. Choosing that option may be even more of a clearing of the roster then the cutting of salaries to afford Cousins. .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Why not Foles?
                            The rumor is a 1st and 4th as compensation. A trade out of 5 would net us the extra 1st needed. Buf could be a perfect partner if they are targeting a younger QB.
                            Keep 20 trade 21 for Foles. It's really good compensation for Phi this year, gives us a QB and still a good prospect at 20.
                            I'm not particularly rooting for Cousins.... I like Foles and Keenum and I think the rumored asking price for Foles would be smart business for a team like Denver. Both guys really played well though and were impressive.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                              Why not Foles?
                              The rumor is a 1st and 4th as compensation. A trade out of 5 would net us the extra 1st needed. Buf could be a perfect partner if they are targeting a younger QB.
                              Keep 20 trade 21 for Foles. It's really good compensation for Phi this year, gives us a QB and still a good prospect at 20.
                              I'm not particularly rooting for Cousins.... I like Foles and Keenum and I think the rumored asking price for Foles would be smart business for a team like Denver. Both guys really played well though and were impressive.
                              I thought signing Keenum was the absolute worst nightmare situation until I read this post. Please God don't allow this to happen (or signing Keenum)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X