looking like a 2 QB offseason for Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Hard not to like him a ton when you watch him throw but...if he can't read a D, what's it matter. Obviously tons of tape needs to be watched to truly know on him. More time than I have.
    I'd prefer Rosen or Baker.

Rosen checks every QB box, and Baker has that moxie/leadership will to win like Watson, Wilson had. Sure there's the height/Big 12 QB questions but Baker's just special to me.

But Allen needs work, would have to have a really good coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      This is so true.... perfect situation, a coach that tailord things to him.... but at then end of the day he is a career journeyman backup..
      He was a pro-bowl QB in Chip Kelly's system in 2014 and had 27 TDs to 2 Ints. I don't count the Jeff Fisher season, because for whatever reason, Fisher finds a way to ruin QBs. This post season you saw more of 2014 Foles than anything else. I think Foles can be a plus starter, who if we saw his constant level of play from 2014 and this year, you're getting a pro-bowl caliber guy.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        Allen is a much better prospect than Lynch is, but he needs to sit a year. If he hits, you probably have the best QB in the NFL.

Keenum would depend how the contract is structured.
        It will probably be similar to Bortles deal. 3y 54m, low cap hit year one, high cap hit year 2, and little dead money year 3 if cut. If you sign Keenum, build around him. Take advantage of the low first year cap hit, and Front load a Nate Solder deal, and draft Quenton Nelson at 5. If you want a developmental guy, take Lamar Jackson in a trade up from the 2nd. His physical traits could make him the most dynamic QB in the draft.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

If we draft a QB, we will almost certainly have to go through at least a year of growing pains while guys like DT and Von age. It took us over a year to find out that Trevor Siemian was not the answer.

I'd rather go with a proven commodity. :2cents:

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
            I'd rather sign Keenum outright than give up anything for Foles. For what it's worth, Keenum outplayed Foles on the same team. He outplayed a rookie version of Jared Goff on the same team as well. Not saying Keenum is a better quarterback than Foles given the right offense/situation, but I don't see Foles being worth trading anything for. Especially since his value is sky high right now.

Also, count me in on not wanting either one if we don't get Cousins.
            Both Eagles and Vikings have vastly superior offenses compared to ours. While we need an upgrade at QB, we still need an upgrade on so many other things before we can even talk about playoffs. Either QB coming from respective teams to ours will immediately realize how little they have to work with. Not to mention he'd have Wednesday Practice Vance Joseph as his head coach to deal with.
            Last edited by TheAsianPA; 03-05-2018, 06:46 PM.
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
              If we draft a QB, we will almost certainly have to go through at least a year of growing pains while guys like DT and Von age. It took us over a year to find out that Trevor Siemian was not the answer.

I'd rather go with a proven commodity. :2cents:
              This is also a good point. If we draft a QB, we have to be prepared to just flat out forfeit the 2018 season. Just let it go and chalk it up to a developmental year. And then, in year 2, what if he's still not the guy? If he doesn't work out, you've got to start all over again. And at this point, no matter who you are, your job is in danger. Think 5-11 was bad? How about another one in 2018? Is that something that you are actually ready for as a fan?

This is why I think not a lot of people have really thought out how painful it can really be to draft a rookie QB and hope he works out. Paxton Lynch is forever going to be a stain on the Broncos history, imagine repeating the same mistake again. This is why drafting a QB is probably the hardest thing a GM has to do.
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                This is also a good point. If we draft a QB, we have to be prepared to just flat out forfeit the 2018 season. Just let it go and chalk it up to a developmental year. And then, in year 2, what if he's still not the guy? If he doesn't work out, you've got to start all over again. And at this point, no matter who you are, your job is in danger. Think 5-11 was bad? How about another one in 2018? Is that something that you are actually ready for as a fan?

This is why I think not a lot of people have really thought out how painful it can really be to draft a rookie QB and hope he works out. Paxton Lynch is forever going to be a stain on the Broncos history, imagine repeating the same mistake again. This is why drafting a QB is probably the hardest thing a GM has to do.
                Agreed but we have another issue aside form the need to potentially draft a QB. That is we are an overall aging team and the younger players we've drafted have NOT overtaken the veterans we brought in via FA. Talib is still better than Roby by a lot. None of our drafted LBs have been able to outplay Marshall or Davis. We've drafted OT's and OG's and only Bolles has looked like a real serviceable starter. So at this point you need to ask yourself are we a team who can support or help grow a young QB....I say no....not right now.

Comment

We absolutely do not have to take a QB at #5 if we land Keenum. People hating on Keenum obviously didn’t watch him play this year, he was great and very clutch when needed.

I say sign Keenum for 15-18 mill per year. Then draft a project like Luke Falk or Mike White in round 3. Let a rookie, Lynch, and Kelly duke it out for the #2 and 3 jobs. Keenum let’s us win now, and you gotta think somewhere in there we have our QB of the future.

Sign Keenum, Pugh, and Solder in FA. Draft Fitzpatrick and Vander Esch in first 2 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                    We absolutely do not have to take a QB at #5 if we land Keenum. People hating on Keenum obviously didn’t watch him play this year, he was great and very clutch when needed.
                    I am not sure if that's the case, considering that not even the Vikings wanted to tag or try to sign Keenum and decided to go all-in on Kirk Cousins.
                    sigpic

Comment

We don’t neee 2nd rd QBs it late first rd ones

We need 1 top 5 pick Qb and hopefully enjoy 12-15 seasons.

Only kfc is worth not taking a Qb

Comment

Working...
                      X