No announcement yet.

2018 free agency and trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Sending Pierre-Paul to Tampa Bay means the last remaining defensive link to the most recent Super Bowl triumph gets to continue his career in his home state. The Giants get back the Bucs’ third-round draft pick (69 overall) and the teams swapped fourth-round picks, the Giants obtaining the 108th overall pick, moving down six spots.

What this does is give the Giants four of the first 69 picks in the draft — Nos. 2, 34, 66 and 69 — and certainly opens the door to take defensive end Bradley Chubb with the second-overall pick on April 26.

The Post reported the Giants will rate Chubb, along with running back Saquon Barkley and guard Quenton Nelson, as the top three players in this draft — ahead of all the quarterback prospects. All three are in play for the Giants. There also might be scenarios where the Giants can trade down and still get one of their three top-rated prospects.”

https://nypost.com/2018/03/22/what-t...ft-and-future/

This just confirms what I’ve been hearing. Giants have plenty of early picks... they’re not looking for more. They want Barkley, Chubb or Nelson.

Ergo, they would happily accepted a gift or two to slide down if it means they still get 1 of their targets.

Now, they may be over the moon for 1 specifically, and may not want to risk it...

But... if Darnold goes 1, and they know Jets take QB at 3... we’ll, do the math... if they move down from 2 to 5... DEN takes a QB, Jets take a QB and no matter what happens at 4... Giants still have their choice of at least 2/3.

I don’t see them going down much farther... but, if you’re the Giants. Well, wouldn’t you take a cheap deal? It’s gettig something for nothing... and, the extra added incentive and motivation... StIck it to Jets.
    Last edited by fraguela09; 03-23-2018, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
      Ummmmmmm, no.
      Ummmmmmmmmmmm yes this is very true. Elway can say with his "mouth" we not rebuilding....but "ACTIONS or lack there of" shows differently.
      We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
        Ummmmmmmmmmmm yes this is very true. Elway can say with his "mouth" we not rebuilding....but "ACTIONS or lack there of" shows differently.
        Lol okay buddy. I guess we’ll find out soon enough

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
          This tweet suggests the Broncos were not one of the teams present at the Manziel event.
          https://twitter.com/newswire_nfl/sta...680262656?s=19
          And on "First Things First with Cris Carter & Nick Wright" (FS1) this morning, they both said that it was 'reported' as a 'Manziel Event' but in actuality those NFL teams were there to scout the actual Univ. of San Diego pro prospects and that Manziel inserted himself into their pro day.

So the 13 NFL team reps that were there would have been there regardless...Manziel just decided to 'crash the party' and got all the publicity.
          Last edited by Mel B.; 03-23-2018, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
            And on "First Things First with Cris Carter & Nick Wright" (FS1) this morning, they both said that it was 'reported' as a 'Manziel Event' but in actuality those NFL teams were there to scout the actual San Diego St. pro prospects and that Manziel inserted himself into their pro day.

So the 13 NFL team reps that were there would have been there regardless...Manziel just decided to 'crash the party' and got all the publicity.
            Just anybody can show up and workout at a pro day?

Comment

• Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
              Just anybody can show up and workout at a pro day?
              Ok Manziel didn't 'crash the party'...says here that he was invited by USD to throw to their WR & TE that didn't have a QB to throw to them.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...f-13-nfl-teams

Former Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel participated in the University of San Diego's pro day Thursday with scouts from at least 13 NFL teams in attendance, according to ESPN's Eric D. Williams.

Watching USD's pro day were representatives from the Patriots, Bears, Browns, Chargers, Giants, Chiefs, Jets, Raiders, Titans, Lions, Jaguars, Panthers and Buccaneers, per Williams.

The former first-rounder has been working out in Southern California in an attempt to mount an NFL comeback after an embarrassing exit from the league in 2016. Manziel, 25, was invited to throw to USD receiver Justin Priest and tight end Ross Dwelley, who did not have a QB to throw to them.
              Last edited by Mel B.; 03-23-2018, 06:02 AM.

Comment

And on "First Things First with Cris Carter & Nick Wright" (FS1) this morning, they both said that it was 'reported' as a 'Manziel Event' but in actuality those NFL teams were there to scout the actual Univ. of San Diego pro prospects and that Manziel inserted himself into their pro day.

His price of admission should have been a urine sample.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  His price of admission should have been a urine sample.
                  LOL!

See my follow-up post.

Cris & Nick made it seem as though he just showed up but he was actually invited by USD to throw to their pro prospects.

The key tho is that those NFL teams weren't there to see Manziel, as it was reported, but they were there for the USD pro prospects and Manziel just happened to be the guy throwing to them so he got the headlines.
                  Last edited by Mel B.; 03-23-2018, 07:04 AM.

Comment

LOL!

See my follow-up post.

Cris & Nick made it seem as though he just showed up but he was actually invited by SDU to throw to their pro prospects.

The key tho is that those NFL teams weren't there to see Manziel, as it was reported, but they were there for the SDU pro prospects and Manziel just happened to be the guy throwing to them so he got the headlines.
                    Beat me to it! that is what I heard too, SDU receivers asked Manziel to throw for them. Of course he accepted as it does help show case himself even if the scouts are there for SDU.

I am rooting for Manziel, I hope he really has turned his life around because I always thought he was a good QB when he wanted to be. He could be a gem for someone willing to take a risk.
                    sigpic
                    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      Huh? Why would NYG want to trade from 2 all the way out of top 10? Sure, if their focus is to accumulate as many assets as they can and they don’t care to trade down 10 spots or more... then we are out...

But this isn’t what I’m talking about.

If they trade with the teams you suggest, they have no shot at this draft’s elite talent. Barkley, Chubb, Davenport, Fitz, James, Nelson are all top 10 picks.

What I’m saying, is if NYG have their sights set on Nelson, Chubb, Davenport, Fitz, James... 1 of this draft’s elite prospects... well, other than Barkley and a qB, those options are a virtual lock to be there at 5.

In this scenario, Elway has a shot to jump up to 2, from 5, b/c NYG could still get their guy, while blocking Jets, and pick up something.

If you are Giants GM and has decided to draft Chubb or Davenport, you can take that guy at 2.... or trade down to 5 for something,
                      screw Jets and still take their target.

If they trade down with a team offering more, they don’t get their target.

Don’t you get it, there’s a reason they didn’t accept 3 second rounders from Jets to move down from 2 to 6... Jets wanted the top pick! But, Giants don’t want to help Jets secure their franchise QB and they don’t want to trade too far down. Otherwise, they would’ve accepted NYJ’s offer.
                      Personally I could see it. Would make sense for them imo. Good Post. Cps when I get too computer.
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                        Huh? Why would NYG want to trade from 2 all the way out of top 10? Sure, if their focus is to accumulate as many assets as they can and they don’t care to trade down 10 spots or more... then we are out...

But this isn’t what I’m talking about.

If they trade with the teams you suggest, they have no shot at this draft’s elite talent. Barkley, Chubb, Davenport, Fitz, James, Nelson are all top 10 picks.

What I’m saying, is if NYG have their sights set on Nelson, Chubb, Davenport, Fitz, James... 1 of this draft’s elite prospects... well, other than Barkley and a qB, those options are a virtual lock to be there at 5.

In this scenario, Elway has a shot to jump up to 2, from 5, b/c NYG could still get their guy, while blocking Jets, and pick up something.

If you are Giants GM and has decided to draft Chubb or Davenport, you can take that guy at 2.... or trade down to 5 for something,
                        screw Jets and still take their target.

If they trade down with a team offering more, they don’t get their target.

Don’t you get it, there’s a reason they didn’t accept 3 second rounders from Jets to move down from 2 to 6... Jets wanted the top pick! But, Giants don’t want to help Jets secure their franchise QB and they don’t want to trade too far down. Otherwise, they would’ve accepted NYJ’s offer.
                        Moreso just calling your idea of trading a few 3rds to move up to #2 ridiculous.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                          Moreso just calling your idea of trading a few 3rds to move up to #2 ridiculous.
                          Not too ridiculous, the Giants understand that 3 qbs go before 5. 2 of their 3 targets are going to be there. 3 free picks and still landing your same pick has value to it.
                          2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• 3 3rds, and a CJ?
                            2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• Cowboys signed WR Allen Hurns, formerly of the Jaguars, to a two-year contract.

ESPN's Josina Anderson first reported that Hurns told her he's "going to sign with Dallas". Hurns is an immediate upgrade to a Cowboys receiving group that's desperate for depth. Terrance Williams' $3.5 million salary is guaranteed but Hurns could challenge him as starter opposite of Dez Bryant from the moment camp opens. Hurns also led Jacksonville in routes run from the slot last season and could immediately trump Cole Beasley, who's entering the final year of his deal. The Cowboys are in dire need of another playmaker after they inexplicably cut bait on Brice Butler and his average 21.1 yards per catch last season.

Related: Cowboys

Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                                I call your idea that my idea is ridiculous ridiculous. How about them apples? I mean seriously... we’re throwing ideas in the wind on a message board... back up your retort with reasoning or else move on. I don’t mean to be disrespectful... but... come on...

Anyway, if you’re the Giants, and you don’t want to see the second best QB in this draft and potential HOF talent end up playing for Jets, in the same city and building you’re in... and you want 1 of 3 prospects and don’t care which 1... what would you do if DEN offered 2 thirds and CJ to slide back from 2 to 5?

You would say NO and just take your guy at 2? Not get anything extra for free and risk that Jets draft their HOF QB?

I do that in my fantasy drafts all the time... lol...

I’m not saying it’s likely, I’m just saying it’s possible, especially with Jets sitting at 3. To say it’s ridiculous... well, hey now. If you say so.

Comment

Working...
                                X