2018 free agency and trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
    Peyton is the one who kept the ship afloat, starting to become pretty clear now.
    that's was pretty evident in 2015 huh with his 9 tds and 17 ints
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      I'm guessing as soon as Gase heard it was Elway on the phone asking about James, he slammed the phone down, then resigned him out of spite lol.

Anyway, I'm usually pretty optimistic, but it's been a dispointing offseason so far. The only people that disagree have to be so far in denial.

Hopefully the draft turns things around
      Right!!!

The only off-season moves we've made that I'm happy/excited/enthused about are actually moves we didn't make.

1. Didn't sign Cousins (way over-priced and way over-valued for an average, non-franchise QB)
      2. Didn't get rid of DT
      3. Didn't get rid of Sanders
      4. Didn't get rid of CJ (subject to change)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
        Right!!!

The only off-season moves we've made that I'm happy/excited/enthused about are actually moves we didn't make.

1. Didn't sign Cousins (way over-priced and way over-valued for an average, non-franchise QB)
        2. Didn't get rid of DT
        3. Didn't get rid of Sanders
        4. Didn't get rid of CJ (subject to change)
        Case about to revive DT and Sanders... then hopefully we can sell one while stock is high next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
          I’d still say his leadership and command of a team was elite. A big reason the broncos are in the current situation is lack of leadership on offense since manning retired.
          Last edited by MHS; 03-19-2018, 03:00 PM.
          sigpic
          "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Shhh his leadership out weighs being the worst QB performance wide that season.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

It's a good example of how there is more to quarterbacking than stats.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I wander what's wrong with Shea McClellan? Patriots just released him
                sigpic

Comment

• Patriots released LB Shea McClellin.

McClellin signed a "three-year, $8.95 million" contract with the Pats in 2016 and was a key contributor his first year in Foxboro, but he missed the entire 2017 season with a concussion. McClellin's NFL future is up in the air.

Related: Patriots

Source: Field Yates on Twitter
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                    Can you be specific about who we "overpaid" for in the past? And are we talking about Free Agents? Because we all know what John Elway said about Free Agency and his unwillingness to pay Top Dollar for Average talent, or Average money for below average players. And by "spending room", what are you talking about? Cap space? Because we are pretty much in the middle of the Pack on that front.

Every year it's the same thing. A couple of days after Free Agency begins, and teams over-spend for Free Agents, it's always "Our off-season has been a complete failure"
                    . Elway has a philosophy that he is sticking with. I find Elways ability to avoid reactionary, knee-jerk moves to be the correct and professional way to go.
                    Who you talkin about? Me? Not the case. This is much louder than I have been since Elway took over. In fact, I doubt that I have been near critical of the man. Ever.

I was excited about the offseason, because I could see turning this team back into contention with several FAs, and a decent draft. It's early, but so far we got an average QB. And my worry is that we do not fortify the Oline. This has become a bit of an old story. And all might be fine in my books, if we make one or two good FA signings, and then use our draft picks wisely.

As for the bank account.....this seems to be an issue this year, so in general I ask, why? And what are we doing about it? Because if we are just looking to low ball, we are not really helping the cause.

And lets be real, Elway's use of FA has been pretty active up until lately. He has not been too worried about paying for quality players. So, I sort of assume he likes that route. We've been treated to a number of quality FA's in his initial years.
                    Last edited by CanDB; 03-19-2018, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      Who you talkin about? Me? Not the case. This is much louder than I have been since Elway took over. In fact, I doubt that I have been near critical of the man. Ever.

I was excited about the offseason, because I could see turning this team back into contention with several FAs, and a decent draft. It's early, but so far we got an average QB. And my worry is that we do not fortify the Oline. This has become a bit of an old story. And all might be fine in my books, if we make one or two good FA signings, and then use our draft picks wisely.

As for the bank account.....this seems to be an issue this year, so in general I ask, why? And what are we doing about it? Because if we are just looking to low ball, we are not really helping the cause.

And lets be real, Elway's use of FA has been pretty active up until lately. He has not been too worried about paying for quality players. So, I sort of assume he likes that route. We've been treated to a number of quality FA's in his initial years.
                      So, once again I ask "Can you be specific about who we "overpaid" for in the past? And are we talking about Free Agents? Because we all know what John Elway said about Free Agency and his unwillingness to pay Top Dollar for Average talent, or Average money for below average players. And by "spending room", what are you talking about? Cap space? Because we are pretty much in the middle of the Pack on that front."

Comment

• Washington S Su'a Cravens has changed agents and is now represented by Denver-based Peter Schaffer. #9sports
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          Washington S Su'a Cravens has changed agents and is now represented by Denver-based Peter Schaffer. #9sports
                          We did it!!!!!!!!
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by MHS View Post
                            I’d still say his leadership and command of a team was elite. A big reason the broncos are in the current situation is lack of leadership on offense since manning retired.
                            Wait....are you saying Lynch hasn’t become the team leader on offense by now?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                              We did it!!!!!!!!
                              Probably means nothing but LIKES a ton of Broncos related stuff on instagram.

Comment

• Buffalo signed Newhouse, thank god, saves Elway from signing him.

Comment

Working...
                                X