2018 free agency and trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I think it was Stephenson that came in when Watson got hurt and then Stephenson hurt his calf
    Donald Stephenson was inactive that day and had no snaps. It leads me to believe that the Broncos wanted to bench Stephenson, for fairly obvious reasons, and were giving Billy Turner a chance. I was surprised when he came in at RT because he had repped and was on the roster as a G. Too bad Billy broke his hand/wrist and went on IR.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Well, if you take Quenton Nelson in the 1st and Orlando Brown in the 2/3 round like some mocks I’ve seen, running game would improve immensely and the interior would form a great pocket.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
        Turner only played against the Giants last season, replacing Watson. I rewatched parts of the game on Game Pass and Turner looked better than Watson, playing with better footwork while Watson's balance/base is all over the place.
        You confirm my recollection. If he hadn't injured his hand, he probably wouldn't have given up any sacks which is saying something since the Broncos attempted 54 passes that day. I was disappointed not to see more of Billy's run blocking, but he did well in pass protection. If he hadn't gone on IR, Denver might have started him at RT. As it was, Cyrus Kouandijo started at RT in the season finale and also played better than Watson.

After 2016, I had seen enough of Donald Stephenson and wanted to see him pursue his career elsewhere, but oh well. Same with Menelik Watson. I've seen enough to know that even when he plays, which is less than half the time, he doesn't play well enough to warrant a roster spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
          That had to be painful rewatching that game lol
          The best thing about it is that it's over.

Comment

• Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
            Well, if you take Quenton Nelson in the 1st and Orlando Brown in the 2/3 round like some mocks I’ve seen, running game would improve immensely and the interior would form a great pocket.
            Orlando Brown would make me very nervous as a rookie starter at RT. I think I would rather have Tyrell Crosby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              That had to be painful rewatching that game lol
              I like to watch those bad games again to see what went wrong. Not just the players, but also the playcalling (such as Mike McCoy calling one pass after another when we were supposed to be running the ball). 50 pass attempts for Siemian when the OL was built to run and we had a lot of RBs to rotate. Unacceptable.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                Orlando Brown would make me very nervous as a rookie starter at RT. I think I would rather have Tyrell Crosby.
                We should all be nervous. The next Sambraillo or Schofield could be on the horizon.

Comment

We should all be nervous. The next Sambraillo or Schofield could be on the horizon.
                  You got that right. :brick:

Although, we have #163 from Atlanta courtesy John Elway (you, know, the worst GM?) trading Ty to the Falcons. Ty will make almost $1 million this year.

Did you see that Michael Schofield re-signed with the Chargers for 2 years/$5 million?

They may have made us nervous, but they are still in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    Agreed, ideally you develop him with a good strength and conditioning plan, and use him as an extra OL in certain situations IMO. A guy like Austin Howard would be a nice fit for a year or two, if we bring Brown along slowly.
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Broncos signed DT Clinton McDonald to a two-year contract.

McDonald had a falling out with the Bucs last year but still managed five sacks in a sub-package role. He'll give Denver an interior rusher to pair NT Domata Peko. McDonald should also see snaps at end in Denver's 3-4 scheme.

Source: Mike Klis on Twitter
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                        Broncos signed DT Clinton McDonald to a two-year contract.

McDonald had a falling out with the Bucs last year but still managed five sacks in a sub-package role. He'll give Denver an interior rusher to pair NT Domata Peko. McDonald should also see snaps at end in Denver's 3-4 scheme.

Source: Mike Klis on Twitter
                        I doubt he plays much in the base package, unless there's injury, he's in Denver to play 1 tech in nickel and dime packages. Miller and Ray/Barrett off the edge, Harris and McDonald lined up as 1 and 3 techs.

Comment

• Oh I remember Clinton McDonald. He's the dude that broke Siemian's clavicle way back in week 4 of 2016's season
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            You got that right. :brick:

Although, we have #163 from Atlanta courtesy John Elway (you, know, the worst GM?) trading Ty to the Falcons. Ty will make almost $1 million this year.

Did you see that Michael Schofield re-signed with the Chargers for 2 years/$5 million?

They may have made us nervous, but they are still in the NFL.
                            The Broncos may have given up on Schofield too early. During week 7 vs. Chargers last season, Schofield only gave up one sack to Von if I recall correctly. Schofield blocked pretty well on the play but the coverage was strong and eventually Von sacked Rivers.

Schofield played solid in that game considering he was lined up against Von.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                              The Broncos may have given up on Schofield too early. During week 7 vs. Chargers last season, Schofield only gave up one sack to Von if I recall correctly. Schofield blocked pretty well on the play but the coverage was strong and eventually Von sacked Rivers.

Schofield played solid in that game considering he was lined up against Von.

Ya I was thinking the same thing last year. When I saw Schofield on the Field for San Diego I was actually impressed with his play on the line vs our O-Line play lol now make no mistake I am still fuming mad that he let Mack get 5 sacks in one game however that was on the Coaching Staff that left him in with no help.

Comment

• Broncos also signed Kicker Taylor Bertolet from Texas A&M. Wonder if this means McManus is out the door soon
                                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X