2018 free agency and trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Broncos also signed Kicker Taylor Bertolet from Texas A&M. Wonder if this means McManus is out the door soon
    At 6M dead money, I doubt it. Its always a good idea to bring in competition for the kickers.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
      Ya I was thinking the same thing last year. When I saw Schofield on the Field for San Diego I was actually impressed with his play on the line vs our O-Line play lol now make no mistake I am still fuming mad that he let Mack get 5 sacks in one game however that was on the Coaching Staff that left him in with no help.
      Yeah I can’t forget that game lol

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
        At 6M dead money, I doubt it. Its always a good idea to bring in competition for the kickers.
        $6 million? He has a little over $3 mil in dead cap before June 1st. Post June 1st it’s 1 mill

Comment

• I was wandering why Eric Reid isn't an option for Denver if they are so high on Su'a Cravens. Cravens is a safety, so is Reid so why aren't they going after a guy who is a free agent and doesn't have injury or head case history????

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
            $6 million? He has a little over $3 mil in dead cap before June 1st. Post June 1st it’s 1 mill
            According to Spotrac his dead money is 6M this year ... 3.5M after June 1. Over The Cap I haven't looked at but I never have found any differences between the two sites.
            Where do you have your info from?
            8.25M guaranteed.

Also on 3-18-18 his salary for 2018 is fully guaranteed ... Spotrac says.
            I see why it is 6M, it is the 2.25M that became guaranteed on 3-18 ... going from 3.75M dead money to 6M dead money, then 3.5M after June 1.
            It seems if he was on the way out they would've done something before 3-18-18.
            Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 03-21-2018, 04:54 PM. Reason: Found more info
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
              I was wandering why Eric Reid isn't an option for Denver if they are so high on Su'a Cravens. Cravens is a safety, so is Reid so why aren't they going after a guy who is a free agent and doesn't have injury or head case history????
              Probably money reasons. Cravens is still on his rookie contract and costs less than a million. Cravens is also considered almost an ILB by how well he excels at the position, which will probably make him a 3rd down 3rd and long guy. I'm not sure what Reid can play outside safety, but he would probably cost many times over what Cravens would.
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                Broncos also signed Kicker Taylor Bertolet from Texas A&M. Wonder if this means McManus is out the door soon
                We also signed long snapper Christian Kuntz
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  I was wandering why Eric Reid isn't an option for Denver if they are so high on Su'a Cravens. Cravens is a safety, so is Reid so why aren't they going after a guy who is a free agent and doesn't have injury or head case history????
                  He’s getting black balled like Kaepernick

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    Donald Stephenson was inactive that day and had no snaps. It leads me to believe that the Broncos wanted to bench Stephenson, for fairly obvious reasons, and were giving Billy Turner a chance. I was surprised when he came in at RT because he had repped and was on the roster as a G. Too bad Billy broke his hand/wrist and went on IR.
                    I was referring to the game prior against the Raiders where Watson got hurt, Stephenson came in for a play and gave up a sack.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                      Soooo what ur saying is we have kuntz & Butts 😁

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                        Lol at this teams obessesion with long snappers

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          He’s getting black balled like Kaepernick
                          I don't think there is a concerted effort by all teams to not sign them. I just think the media and other facets are being taken into before signing them.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                            Lol at this teams obessesion with long snappers
                            Waiting for us to cut Clinton McDonald to make room for another long snapper. Should be happening pretty soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                              I don't think there is a concerted effort by all teams to not sign them. I just think the media and other facets are being taken into before signing them.
                              I think it has more to do with the draft being deep with safety talent. That always makes S free agents less enviable. Add on top of that social activist attention and drama that coaches hate and the decision gets even easier
                              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                                I was referring to the game prior against the Raiders where Watson got hurt, Stephenson came in for a play and gave up a sack.
                                I remember that. Stephenson off the bench and gives up a sack on his first snap. :doh:
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X