2018 free agency and trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 free agency and trades

Figured I would make a thread on all trades and free agency moves. Once news comes in of a trade, cut, or free agency news we could post it in here

Patriots are cutting TE Bennett

Rams traded LB ogletree to the Giants.

Seahawks are trading Bennett to the eagles which is opening the door for a trade/cut for DE Vinny.

Sherman looks like he will be traded or released from the Seahawks.

Would you be interested in Sherman?

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
      Would you be interested in Sherman?
      No, but I think that might open the door to someone being cut that’s good enough to come here when we cut Talib. Because after CHJ and Roby we don’t have much talent there.

Comment

The Eagles are looking good for '18! Meanwhile The Seahawks are losing some of their heartbeat.

Comment

I expect much of our cap space is going to be held hostage for Kirk Cousins, so we won't be making any big FA moves if any until we know more about what happens with him. The problem with this though is that if Cousins doesn't find a team quickly, a lot of the free agents we could have had will be gone by the time the matter is decided. This is pretty crucial because if we are relying on a rookie QB to start this season, we'll need to have found a good replacement for what would have been a 1st round G, OT, etc already to support that rookie QB.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
            I expect much of our cap space is going to be held hostage for Kirk Cousins, so we won't be making any big FA moves if any until we know more about what happens with him. The problem with this though is that if Cousins doesn't find a team quickly, a lot of the free agents we could have had will be gone by the time the matter is decided. This is pretty crucial because if we are relying on a rookie QB to start this season, we'll need to have found a good replacement for what would have been a 1st round G, OT, etc already to support that rookie QB.
            Agreed, there is a lot of quality free agents this year on the Oline and Defense that I think could help this team if a Rookie QB is brought in to start.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
              i'd still make my top target nate solder. but thats just me
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I wonder when we'll get our first post about Elway "blowing the offseason" or "completely failing" because teams will lots of cap room sign players the Broncos either had no chance at or weren't interested in for way too much money?

Just saying, the mock offseasons with the Broncos adding Cousins, Solder, Norwell and then drafting Barkley and trading back into the first for another player might not actually happen...

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  I wonder when we'll get our first post about Elway "blowing the offseason" or "completely failing" because teams will lots of cap room sign players the Broncos either had no chance at or weren't interested in for way too much money?

Just saying, the mock offseasons with the Broncos adding Cousins, Solder, Norwell and then drafting Barkley and trading back into the first for another player might not actually happen...
                  Already hsd a thread about them not going to Alabama's pro day. Might as well check out for the season and get ready for 2019!
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                    Already hsd a thread about them not going to Alabama's pro day. Might as well check out for the season and get ready for 2019!
                    We already know who the good bama players
                    Are anyway.

Comment

Looks like Norwell is headed to the Giants.

Andrew Norwell - G - Panthers

NFL draft insider Tony Pauline says "belief" around the league is free agent OG Andrew Norwell signing with the Giants is "a done deal."

The top guard on the market, Norwell was one of ex-Panthers GM Dave Gettleman's most-prized discoveries as an undrafted free agent. Gettleman now runs the Giants, who have needs all over the line. At $11.7 million per year, the Raiders made Kelechi Osemele the NFL's highest-paid guard in 2016. Osemele was topped by Browns RG Kevin Zeitler's $12.0 million annually last offseason.
                      Related: Giants

Source: Draft Analyst

Mar 8 - 12:47 AM
                      sigpic
                      BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

good news, might get something for Talib after all

Aqib Talib - DB - Broncos

According to 9 News Denver's Mike Klis, the Patriots and Broncos "have engaged" in trade talks involving Aqib Talib.

Klis notes the Pats are just "one of several teams" to have talks regarding Talib, but New England is also known to be Talib's preferred destination. The 49ers also discussed a Talib deal, but it's believed those discussions fell through. Klis expects Talib's trade market to be strong enough that the Broncos won't have to cut him, and could still come away with some compensation.

Related: Patriots

Source: 9 News Denver

Mar 8 - 12:35 AM
                        sigpic
                        BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Maybe try to trade for Joe Thomas on the cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                            good news, might get something for Talib after all
                            I would really love for it to be like a trade up with our 3rd(71) with Talib to for the Patriots 2nd(63). I would love that.
                            New England Patriots GM

Comment

I am bummed that Denver will lose Talib.

Comment

Working...
                              X