Ju'waun James

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ju'waun James

How would everyone feel if we traded for him from the Dolphins? Supposedly they are very hesitant to resign him to a long term deal. I would love to trade for him and draft Nelson at 5. Our Oline would be pretty solid on paper.
    New England Patriots GM

For CJ Anderson?

Comment

the way trades are going down this off-season I think he's worth a 5th rounder or a swap of 4ths. He'd be a good pick up for us.
      Watson is obviously not the answer and i doubt we can sign Nate Soldier.
      "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
        How would everyone feel if we traded for him from the Dolphins? Supposedly they are very hesitant to resign him to a long term deal. I would love to trade for him and draft Nelson at 5. Our Oline would be pretty solid on paper.
        He held Bosa to 0 sacks.. that’s enough for me. I’d glsdly take him for CJ.

Comment

Juwan James isn't a free agent unless he"s cut. Miami exercised his 5th year option.

Ja'Wuan James contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

It would take a high round pick to get him, as he was drafted 19 overall by Miami, who I doubt are willing to trade him for anything short of a first
          Last edited by TheAsianPA; 03-08-2018, 11:15 AM.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
            Juwan James isn't a free agent unless he"s cut. Miami exercised his 5th year option.

Ja'Wuan James contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

It would take a high round pick to get him, as he was drafted 19 overall by Miami, who I doubt are willing to trade him for anything short of a first
            CJ Anderson and our 3rd round comp pick for him should get the job done. This would be a fantastic addition. Trade for him and move up a little from pick 40 to draft Wynn or Hernandez and our line is set without having to waste the #5 pick on a guard.

Comment

He has 1 yr left on his deal.

CJ and a swap of picks in the mid rounds would be good for both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                He has 1 yr left on his deal.

CJ and a swap of picks in the mid rounds would be good for both sides.
                And miami is interested in cj. I dont see why not. Swap 4ths? I wanna keep my 3rds....
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Hence the term trade...
                  New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                    Hence the term trade...
                    Yes I saw that word, hence the last paragraph of my post. Last year he ranked very highly in run and pass protection. With the league so bare of good right tackles, why would they want to give up on one that plays well? It's a sellers market for tackles. Last year we actually got picks in trade for Scrub Sambrailo - that should be a good indicator of how the market values OT's.

And no, I highly doubt a 3rd and CJ would get it done. They can get someone likely as good as CJ in this year's draft, and that may not even require their third round pick. If they're giving up one of their best offensive linemen, they need to have an expectation that they can fill a gaping hole at RT very quickly with a first round pick and still get BPA with their original pick. I get that we're fans of the Denver Broncos, but I can assure the Miami Dolphins are not and won't be trading like they are.
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Yes I saw that word, hence the last paragraph of my post. Last year he ranked very highly in run and pass protection. With the league so bare of good right tackles, why would they want to give up on one that plays well? It's a sellers market for tackles. Last year we actually got picks in trade for Scrub Sambrailo - that should be a good indicator of how the market values OT's.

And no, I highly doubt a 3rd and CJ would get it done. They can get someone likely as good as CJ in this year's draft, and that may not even require their third round pick. If they're giving up one of their best offensive linemen, they need to have an expectation that they can fill a gaping hole at RT very quickly with a first round pick and still get BPA with their original pick. I get that we're fans of the Denver Broncos, but I can assure the Miami Dolphins are not and won't be trading like they are.
                      The Dolphins aren’t that high on James, there are rumors that they might rescind the 5th year option. Adam Gase said a week or so ago that he’s healthy and they’ll make a decision on him in a few weeks. Not exactly ringing endorsements for him staying in Miami or having a high price for a potential trade

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        The Dolphins aren’t that high on James, there are rumors that they might rescind the 5th year option. Adam Gase said a week or so ago that he’s healthy and they’ll make a decision on him in a few weeks. Not exactly ringing endorsements for him staying in Miami or having a high price for a potential trade
                        well if that's the case, then sure why not. Go see what they want. I hadn't heard that, so good find.
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

We have the ammo to make a trade for Ju'waun James. I think he would be a great addition to the line over at RT. Sure I would prefer signing Solder and moving Bolles to RT, but that seems quite unlikely, so James seems like the next best option.
                          Denver Broncos
                          New York Yankees
                          New York Knicks
                          Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                            We have the ammo to make a trade for Ju'waun James. I think he would be a great addition to the line over at RT. Sure I would prefer signing Solder and moving Bolles to RT, but that seems quite unlikely, so James seems like the next best option.
                            I continue to see the Bolles to RT comment. Curious if he has ever played that side in college? iirc he was a one year starter at LT at Utah.

Has there been any indication or history that points to him being capable of the successful switch to RT?

Although Bolles had his negative issues I thought he played pretty well on the left side for a "inexperienced project LT in his first year. JMO but I am expecting significant improvement from him this year. A year of experience, coaching and strength training should do wonders for him.

Would prefer they upgrade the RT (James is interesting) and let Bolles continue to develop on the side he knows.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                              I continue to see the Bolles to RT comment. Curious if he has ever played that side in college? iirc he was a one year starter at LT at Utah.

Has there been any indication or history that points to him being capable of the successful switch to RT?

Although Bolles had his negative issues I thought he played pretty well on the left side for a "inexperienced project LT in his first year. JMO but I am expecting significant improvement from him this year. A year of experience, coaching and strength training should do wonders for him.

Would prefer they upgrade the RT (James is interesting) and let Bolles continue to develop on the side he knows.
                              Its just your opinion if you wrote it I agree bolles by far wasn’t bad. He could also take a big jump this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X