O-line ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-line ?

So the dust has settled from day1 of free agency.

Other then the vague fantasy that Solder would come home to CO have the Broncos been linked, rumored or contacted any solutions for OT?m

What’s the plan to improve it?

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    So the dust has settled from day1 of free agency.

Other then the vague fantasy that Solder would come home to CO have the Broncos been linked, rumored or contacted any solutions for OT?m

What’s the plan to improve it?
    trade down and take an OT in the draft would be my bet.
    sigpic

Comment

Well we just freed up $12 million by converting Vons salary to signing bonus. We could go after G Pugh but most likely the draft.

Comment

Heard guard is more likely in the draft than an OT, but we shall see.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          trade down and take an OT in the draft would be my bet.
          How about getting Buffalo's two 1st round picks? We could possibly get McGlinchey and Hernandez. The question is, would that deal be worth passing up Nelson at #5?

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
            How about getting Buffalo's two 1st round picks? We could possibly get McGlinchey and Hernandez. The question is, would that deal be worth passing up Nelson at #5?
            If we can get them both - yes. Big if though.

Comment

Just seems like there has not been too much of a focus on a glaring need for the Broncos. The oline free agent pickings seem incredibly sparse.

And the draft scenarios in the first are possible but I will speculate #5 is used for a QB or defensive player. Will be interesting to see if they decide to move back but BPA at #5 seems more likely.

Maybe just me but I find it odd that arguably the most glaring need is to upgrade the oline and there are only vague reports the Broncos are addressing it so far. Hard to be patient.

Comment

We need the Draft to fall like this to get the dream trade scenario.
                CLE- #1 QB
                NYG- #2 Nelson/QB
                IND- #3 Chubb/Nelson
                CLE- #4 Barkley
                DEN- #5 TRADE to Buffalo for 12, 22, 53, 65
                Trade Totals: Denver Gives Value: 1700, Buffalo Gives Value: 2615

#12- OT Mike McGlinchey/ ND
                #22- OG Isiah Wynn/ UGA
                These 2 guys will solve are o-line problems. McGlinchey is the best OT prospect and Wynn is just a notch under Nelson but played LT in the SEC and dominated
                "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

Personally, i would rather take Nelson, but that would mean getting a solid OT that could start week 1 would be more difficult.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                    Just seems like there has not been too much of a focus on a glaring need for the Broncos. The oline free agent pickings seem incredibly sparse.

And the draft scenarios in the first are possible but I will speculate #5 is used for a QB or defensive player. Will be interesting to see if they decide to move back but BPA at #5 seems more likely.

Maybe just me but I find it odd that arguably the most glaring need is to upgrade the oline and there are only vague reports the Broncos are addressing it so far. Hard to be patient.
                    I am concerned as well. My observation is that most if not all of the playoff teams had much better O-line play than the 2016-2017 season. Some of that may have been because of remarkably more consistent QB play. Yet I have to wonder if that QB play improvement was largely due to O-line consistent dominance.

Keenum moves well in the pocket so our lineman play may improve because last year he was a quick, consistent decision maker. Honestly though, We need to either draft OL high, or finally hit with a 2-3 round guy that got shafted on his draft number and is willing to come in and out work everyone in camp and prove everyone missed on him.

I am not in love with any FA OL names running around right now. But man we need one. A guy that comes in with his hair on fire willing to learn and outwork anybody.

If our OL play isn't better than last year we will be drafting high again.

Comment

No. McGlinchey isn't a better talent than any OT we could get in the 2nd or 3rd round.
                      Are you looking for college all 22? Click the link. https://www.patreon.com/CaddytotheLama

Comment

if we went that way with the trade down i think i would rather
                        draft nelson
                        then trade up into the first again for mcglinchey expecially if drops mid to late 20 to the end of the round. which i am actually seen in alot of mocks
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                          Heard guard is more likely in the draft than an OT, but we shall see.
                          If DEN trades back with BUFF I could see both OT and OG as 1st round picks (McGlinchy @12, Hernandez @22)

If they draft someone @5, then it gets ugly on the OT draft board by the time pick 40 comes along.

-GB2

Comment

Originally posted by 16TheSnake View Post
                            If DEN trades back with BUFF I could see both OT and OG as 1st round picks (McGlinchy @12, Hernandez @22)

If they draft someone @5, then it gets ugly on the OT draft board by the time pick 40 comes along.

-GB2
                            Eh, I disagree on the OT board. It may not be top heavy, but it is a deep class. Williams, Okorafor, Crosby, & Rankin are all good looking day 2 prospects. Day 3 has guys like Cappa, Weathersby, Noteboom, and Evans that all could have an impact.
                            Are you looking for college all 22? Click the link. https://www.patreon.com/CaddytotheLama

Comment

Id prefer nelson but im starting to see nelson go 1 or 2. If thats the case any way we can get some talent on the line is good with me. One good mock had us getting nelson, taven bryan, shaq griffin and then kappa in 4th or 5th
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                              X