Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trading up to #4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Seen a source citing multiple reports saying we might looking at trading up for Barkley. Cecil Lammey was one of them. Just came out couple hours ago.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
      That’s the other issue. In order to prevent a team from jumping ahead of us we would have to give the browns a ridiculous offer just to move one spot. For example the bills offer both 1st a second and third and next years 1st to get the 4th what do we offer to match?
      We don't offer anything as there is no feasible way to match, much less exceed it.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
        With our OL (without improvement) yards after being hit behind the LOS may be the most important stat... LOL
        EDIT: Didn't notice that this was yards at or behind the LoS. So it's a good point.

        It's still worth debating, though. Do you go all in at RB in the top 5 or do you snag a guy like Penny, who could be very good, later on. It's worth pointing out that Elway hasn't had a lot of success rolling the dice at running back. Hillman in the 3rd, and Booker in the 4th. Montee was a 2nd round pick, which should've been more of a sure thing, but you can't draw the system comparisons between Ball and Barkley. It's still apples and oranges despite playing in the same conference.
        Last edited by Spice 1; 03-20-2018, 08:52 AM.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Montoya View Post
          Seen a source citing multiple reports saying we might looking at trading up for Barkley. Cecil Lammey was one of them. Just came out couple hours ago.
          Cecil Lammey is one of the worst reporters. By far my least favorite out of the group on 104.3 the fan. I’ve never seen one person say, “ I’ve heard from multiple reports” more in my life just to support his argument which is never right.

          Or after something major hapens he’ll say, “ not surprised we were hearing this from multiple reports for the past month” but never mentioned it on air once until now.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Montoya View Post
            Seen a source citing multiple reports saying we might looking at trading up for Barkley. Cecil Lammey was one of them. Just came out couple hours ago.
            The only place we'd trade up to is to the 2 spot. If we are trading up, its not for Barkley, its for Mayfield or Rosen.
            Denver Broncos
            New York Yankees
            New York Knicks
            Colorado Avalanche


            sigpic

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
              Cecil Lammey is one of the worst reporters. By far my least favorite out of the group on 104.3 the fan. I’ve never seen one person say, “ I’ve heard from multiple reports” more in my life just to support his argument which is never right.

              Or after something major hapens he’ll say, “ not surprised we were hearing this from multiple reports for the past month” but never mentioned it on air once until now.
              Cecil is OK for the most part. Only problem is when he gets fixated on players like he did with Cousins and Paxton before that. Then he gets uber nauseating.

              As for trading up...hell no. Why limit any number of picks, if anything we need to trade down and get many many more to fix all the holes.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
                Cecil is OK for the most part. Only problem is when he gets fixated on players like he did with Cousins and Paxton before that. Then he gets uber nauseating.

                As for trading up...hell no. Why limit any number of picks, if anything we need to trade down and get many many more to fix all the holes.
                The Paxton Lynch reporting was terrible last offseason. Constantly trying to make Lynch look better than we actually was. It was nauseating

                Comment


                • #53
                  I wouldn't exactly call Cecil Lammey the source of all things accurate. This organization isn't that high on Barkley, they're high on players like Rosen and Mayfield. Even then, is running back all that big of a need with us? I love Barkley, but not enough to give away our 2nd this year and entire first two rounds next year along with that. Look at how few people we've signed in free agency, isn't that a clear indication that the FO believes the draft is what we need to fix our team? The cost to get Barkley will probably be to give up 3-4 picks that we desperately need to reload this team with talent. Getting Barkley means we aren't getting a RT that is starting, nor a Guard. Watson would be starting again. That's what you guys want?
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                    I wouldn't exactly call Cecil Lammey the source of all things accurate. This organization isn't that high on Barkley, they're high on players like Rosen and Mayfield. Even then, is running back all that big of a need with us? I love Barkley, but not enough to give away our 2nd this year and entire first two rounds next year along with that. Look at how few people we've signed in free agency, isn't that a clear indication that the FO believes the draft is what we need to fix our team? The cost to get Barkley will probably be to give up 3-4 picks that we desperately need to reload this team with talent. Getting Barkley means we aren't getting a RT that is starting, nor a Guard. Watson would be starting again. That's what you guys want?
                    I want Barkley if he falls to us at 5 and I want to trade back into the 1st to snag Notre dames McGlinchey.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                      The only place we'd trade up to is to the 2 spot. If we are trading up, its not for Barkley, its for Mayfield or Rosen.
                      Lmao I needed that. No way we trade up to 2 for mayfield....I see a lot of mocks with him not even going in top 10 let alone trading to get him at 2.
                      My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                        I wouldn't exactly call Cecil Lammey the source of all things accurate. This organization isn't that high on Barkley, they're high on players like Rosen and Mayfield. Even then, is running back all that big of a need with us? I love Barkley, but not enough to give away our 2nd this year and entire first two rounds next year along with that. Look at how few people we've signed in free agency, isn't that a clear indication that the FO believes the draft is what we need to fix our team? The cost to get Barkley will probably be to give up 3-4 picks that we desperately need to reload this team with talent. Getting Barkley means we aren't getting a RT that is starting, nor a Guard. Watson would be starting again. That's what you guys want?
                        You can say that for the two qbs...you claim the Broncos want which I disagree.....but we all have our "own" opinions
                        My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                          You can say that for the two qbs...you claim the Broncos want which I disagree.....but we all have our "own" opinions
                          Yes and you think Lamar Jackson is a pro-bowl HOFer Mike Vick reincarnate. Opinions, opinions.
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X