Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bootleg
    replied
    They may have played at the same college, but the comparisons to Hillman aren't really there. Penny is 25lbs heavier and just as fast, and also has value as a returner. He looked capable at catching passes out of the backfield at the Senior Bowl too, something he didn't really do at SD State.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    All 3 of those mocks i listed had different top 10s. I was using our picks as an example...

Leave a comment:

• CaddyToTheLama
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I think he will be a solid bridge for one year allowing us top draft a lineman that like all of our other drafted lineman will need a year to develop strength.
    That's such a logical choice that I doubt Elway will find a way to get it done.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I think he will be a solid bridge for one year allowing us top draft a lineman that like all of our other drafted lineman will need a year to develop strength.
    I could agree with that.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Do you really believe Veldeer is going to do well? He is another over the hill hail mary Oline signing, imo.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by crp24lbc View Post
    I believe in McGovern as a quality starter and we just traded for a tackle like I have said we would since the Von restructure. Sure we will draft a couple olineman in the middle rounds and develop them.
    Do you really believe Veldeer is going to do well? He is another over the hill hail mary Oline signing, imo.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Originally posted by crp24lbc View Post
    Everyone who has followed the Broncos for YEARS knows this.
    Ryan Clady?

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    yeah they do :thumb:
    Last edited by armedequation; 03-23-2018, 06:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crp24lbc
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    No, everyone knows you dont take an offensive lineman before round 3 and ilb until after the 5
    Everyone who has followed the Broncos for YEARS knows this.

Leave a comment:

• crp24lbc
    replied
    oh my....not a single Olineman taken in your scenario....and the O is set for years????
    I believe in McGovern as a quality starter and we just traded for a tackle like I have said we would since the Von restructure. Sure we will draft a couple olineman in the middle rounds and develop them.

Leave a comment:

• CaddyToTheLama
    replied
    Penny pass blocks like Ronnie Hillman.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Penny looks slow on tape. Idk what he actually runs but it looks slow
    I thought so too at first but I don’t think he runs full speed all the time. There are some runs where I see him look noticeably faster, the KO return against Cincy and a pitch against San Jose State that he immediately cut back on come to mind. But he did run a 4.46 at the combine

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    When I saw a defender hanging onto the back of his jersey for dear life while Penny drug him for 5 yards I was sold.

Penny is a great runner, he has great patience, pressing the line hard and drawing the defenders to him and then cuts away from them at the last second. Breaking tackles is a lot more than being elusive or having sheer power, the majority of the time it’s going to be those subtle steps leading up to contact that causes the defender to shift his center of gravity which puts him out of position. LeVeon Bell is breaking more tackles at 225 than he did at 240 pounds. Penny and Chubb are two of the best RBs in this class at doing this that I’ve seen IMO. I haven’t dug too deep into RBs though.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    I’m with you. If we can get Penny in the third he’s be a great pick.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    oh my....not a single Olineman taken in your scenario....and the O is set for years????
    No, everyone knows you dont take an offensive lineman before round 3 and ilb until after the 5

Leave a comment:

Working...
X