Broncos Acquire LT Jared Veldheer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Here’s the original photo from Klis, sure looks like he’s beefed to me. Look for Jared Veldheer upper body workout on YouTube.
    Put Nelson next to him, that’s some major beef on the right side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      If he stayed that size he might have been a 2 for 1 deal to play guard and tackle!
      hahahahaha
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
        Nicki Jhabvala
        @NickiJhabvala
        The plan is keep Garett Bolles at left tackle. Veldeer will start at right tackle. Ron Leary will move to left guard.
        Since OC and RG wasn't mentioned, does that mean that those 2 positions are open? Maybe Conner at OC and Nelson at RG?
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
          Since OC and RG wasn't mentioned, does that mean that those 2 positions are open? Maybe Conner at OC and Nelson at RG?
          You trading Paradis, JJ?

Comment

• No mention of Max Garcia here. Good sign at least, man he's so bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              You trading Paradis, JJ?
              No but I'm wondering how those hips are going to hold up. I'd be fine with a competition between Paradis and Connor.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                You trading Paradis, JJ?
                Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                No mention of Max Garcia here. Good sign at least, man he's so bad.

The only thing that tells me about spots being open is that they are entertaining the idea of drafting a Guard that could beat out both McGovern and Watson for the starting RG spot by week one this year. To me that's Nelson or Hernandez.

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                  The only thing that tells me about spots being open is that they are entertaining the idea of drafting a Guard that could beat out both McGovern and Watson for the starting RG spot by week one this year. To me that's Nelson or Hernandez.
                  I agree! Can't wait to see Nelson on stage holding up a Broncos Jersey!
                  sigpic

Comment

Or Wynn, Price, Daniels.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                      Or Wynn, Price, Daniels.
                      You think those guys would beat out McGovern if Paradis stays as well as Watson? Convincingly enough that the FO would plan on it as of right now?

Comment

• Here, let me show you what I mean. And remember that this is just based on me reading way too far into something that the GM has said in the weeks leading up to the draft:

LT: Bolles
                        LG: Leary
                        C: Paradis, McGovern
                        RG McGovern, Watson
                        RT: Veldheer

So looking at that do you think that the FO would plan on Wynn/Price/Daniels taking the RG spot?

Comment

I doubt Watson will be on the team much longer after 1 June. Of course, I felt the same way about Donald Stephenson last year, but he renegotiated his contract, twice I think, in order to stay on the team. I suppose Watson could do something similar, but it's complicated by him coming off an injury that placed him on IR.

As far as this persistent rumor that Watson is moving to Guard, one should consider his history. After five years in the NFL, of a possible 81 games, he has been available for 35 and has started 25. Why do you think he would be more available as a Guard than as a Tackle?

Billy Turner's 46 snaps against the Giants, and Cyrus Kouandijo's 65 snaps against the Chiefs were better than anything Watson, Stephenson or Barbre showed at RT last year and those guys are backup/depth players.

Either Quinton Nelson or Will Hernandez would be a great addition to the O-Line. Garrett Bolles, Ron Leary, Matt Paradis, Connor McGovern, Nelson/Hernandez, Jared Veldheer with Billy Turner, Cyrus Kouandijo and Jeremiah Poutasi on deck. Who's in the five?
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Here, let me show you what I mean. And remember that this is just based on me reading way too far into something that the GM has said in the weeks leading up to the draft:

LT: Bolles
                            LG: Leary
                            C: Paradis, McGovern
                            RG McGovern, Watson
                            RT: Veldheer

So looking at that do you think that the FO would plan on Wynn/Price/Daniels taking the RG spot?
                            Can you tell me where you're getting this Watson to Guard idea?
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

You think those guys would beat out McGovern if Paradis stays as well as Watson? Convincingly enough that the FO would plan on it as of right now?
                              All those guys are day 1 starters. So yeah.

Comment

yes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X