Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos' current use of top 30 workouts/visits

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Broncos' current use of top 30 workouts/visits

    https://twitter.com/sayrebedinger/st...059996165?s=21

    What can we learn from this? Well, there's a clear position they're scouting most for the early firSt round..

  • #2
    No Manziel?!?!

    Comment


    • #3
      Rashaad Penny is the only RB on that list. It's only a partial list though.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
        https://twitter.com/sayrebedinger/st...059996165?s=21

        What can we learn from this? Well, there's a clear position they're scouting most for the early firSt round..
        Hmmm, looks a whole lot of QB and LBs on that list. QB at 1 and LB at 2???

        I better go do another mock draft and see how it looks LOL....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          Rashaad Penny is the only RB on that list. It's only a partial list though.
          Correct, only 13 players. I think that each QB is getting a two day visit and each of those days count? So 8 days towards the top QBs, 9 other players with single days, leaving 13 more workouts.

          Comment


          • #6
            4 QBs and 4 LBs on the list and not one single OLineman, yet some think there is no way we take a QB with our first pick.
            Denver Broncos
            New York Yankees
            New York Knicks
            Colorado Avalanche


            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Informative post, thank you. Sure making it look like we're not too interested in Barkley or OL early. Maybe TOO not interested....

              Comment


              • #8
                A bit undersized, but athletic coverage guys at the LB position. A lot of day 2-early day 3 guys on the list as well. Seeing Vea is kind of weird, not really in our range of where we are picking IMO. Perhaps, diligence in case we move back. No stone unturned I guess.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

                Comment


                • #9
                  We met with Barkley at the combine....but still have not met or visited with Nelson...AT ALL. That is why I'm pretty sure we won't draft him. Elway always meets with his top prospects...unlike Shanny used to do...that paranoid rat.
                  New England Patriots GM

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The list really means nothing.

                    We’ve seen teams draft players with whom they never met privately. Shanahan drafted Cutler without an individual workout or visit.

                    The quarterbacks being on the list is practically mandatory for a team picking in the top five, especially when that team is perceived to be deficient at the quarterback position.

                    The Broncos have to do their due diligence, especially if they are truly willing to draft a quarterback with the fifth pick.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                      The list really means nothing.

                      We’ve seen teams draft players with whom they never met privately. Shanahan drafted Cutler without an individual workout or visit.

                      The quarterbacks being on the list is practically mandatory for a team picking in the top five, especially when that team is perceived to be deficient at the quarterback position.

                      The Broncos have to do their due diligence, especially if they are truly willing to draft a quarterback with the fifth pick.
                      Right. We've seen other teams do that. Elway and this FO however are not like that. They consistently draft the guys they scout the hardest. Particularly with their first few picks. Wolfe was heavily visited with, Bolles, Roby, Ray, Osweiler, Lynch, ect.

                      Elway is a subtle hand tipper when it comes to his first round picks, heck ever since as soon as his 2nd year it was easy to pick up on trends and who he likes and it won me a football signed by that draft class from him on Twitter

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        Right. We've seen other teams do that. Elway and this FO however are not like that. They consistently draft the guys they scout the hardest. Particularly with their first few picks. Wolfe was heavily visited with, Bolles, Roby, Ray, Osweiler, Lynch, ect.

                        Elway is a subtle hand tipper when it comes to his first round picks, heck ever since as soon as his 2nd year it was easy to pick up on trends and who he likes and it won me a football signed by that draft class from him on Twitter
                        Truth.....
                        New England Patriots GM

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We like the C a bunch, James Daniels.

                          We also draft guys we visit with. We also put a lot of stock in the measurables from combine and predominantly only draft players who were invited to combine.
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                            Right. We've seen other teams do that. Elway and this FO however are not like that. They consistently draft the guys they scout the hardest. Particularly with their first few picks. Wolfe was heavily visited with, Bolles, Roby, Ray, Osweiler, Lynch, ect.

                            Elway is a subtle hand tipper when it comes to his first round picks, heck ever since as soon as his 2nd year it was easy to pick up on trends and who he likes and it won me a football signed by that draft class from him on Twitter

                            Rock on! That’s awesome!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                              We like the C a bunch, James Daniels.

                              We also draft guys we visit with. We also put a lot of stock in the measurables from combine and predominantly only draft players who were invited to combine.
                              I would guess that the senior bowl could be where some of our picks come from without a need to visit them as they coached them for a week.




                              Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X