Broncos' current use of top 30 workouts/visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I'm not a fan of DJ Chark. Bad route runner, body catcher. Looks like the types of busts we take in the 2nd-3rd rounds. He's fast and has the LSU logo on his helmet, but that's it.
      sigpic

Comment

Rod, who is your preference for wr? Id like to get one that returns kicks too. Maybe a dante pettis? I know we had a visit with james washington

Ive heard good things about jones too
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
          Rod, who is your preference for wr? Id like to get one that returns kicks too. Maybe a dante pettis? I know we had a visit with james washington

Ive heard good things about jones too
          I really like the other DJ, DJ Moore, and Courtland Sutton, but there are among the top WRs and probably won't be there at #40. However, Christian Kirk has a chance to be there and would be absolutely perfect in the slot.

If Elway wants to wait a little more before going WR, how about Anthony Miller or the homegrown Michael Gallup.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
            Looks like the types of busts we take in the 2nd-3rd rounds
            If only they'd listened to Tyke Tolbert in 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
              If only they'd listened to Tyke Tolbert in 2014
              Can you imagine Jarvis Landry with Peyton?

We need to change this culture of getting great athletes without football intelligence.

Carlos Henderson, Isaiah McKenzie... When will Elway learn?

Cooper Kupp went in the 3rd round because of a 40-yard dash and now he already has 27 more NFL catches than Cody Latimer.
              sigpic

Comment

i do really like the ideas of ronald jones he would be a great compilment to cj or booker
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

A couple more RBs from yesterday:

Comment

With Kubiak now in the front office, it will be interesting to see if the Broncos start going back to the smokescreen days of Mike Shanahan. Kubiak spent a lot of years watching Shanahan scouting without showing his hand in the draft.
                    I remember this post from a month ago, wondering if the Broncos were hiding their interest in some of the top players. Now read the latest article from the Broncos website:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...9-79022983ab70

As he sat in the cafeteria earlier, Matt Russell stopped by Chubb’s table to say hello and meet the first-round pick.

The lack of a pre-draft visit, Russell explains, was merely part of the plan.

“Don’t think we weren’t interested,” Russell says. “That’s why we did it. That means we were interested.”
                    This is a lesson for next year's draft as we try to guess who they might be targeting.
                    sigpic

Comment

I remember this post from a month ago, wondering if the Broncos were hiding their interest in some of the top players. Now read the latest article from the Broncos website:

This is a lesson for next year's draft as we try to guess who they might be targeting.
                      Especially when they were talking about getting faster which would lead you to believe they would draft guys like Dj Chark or Ronald jones and instead went with Freeman and Sutton and Hamilton.

Comment

I still think they were interested in the QB's but thats not all they wanted like it was rumored.

Sounded like Darnold, Mayfield, Chubb or trade back.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          I still think they were interested in the QB's but thats not all they wanted like it was rumored.

Sounded like Darnold, Mayfield, Chubb or trade back.
                          Yes, if Darnold were there at #5, I think he would have been the pick. I doubt Elway would pass on his #1 QB, and the Denver media said Darnold was that guy. I can see that, because everyone raves about Darnold's maturity and intangibles.

Mayfield, I am not sure. I think they were interested, but there are conflicting reports. Some say Mayfield was a favorite of Kubiak and Matt Russell, some say the Broncos had cooled off on Mayfield. Personally, I think Mayfield is too similar to Case Keenum to justify such a high pick for a team that already has Keenum on the roster.

Many fans thought the Broncos would not spend the the #5 pick on a prospect that was not among the pre-draft visits and private workouts. That was not the case and Matt Russell even said that showing little interest was part of the plan. That's something to keep in mind for next year, regardless of the draft pick, top 5, top 10, etc.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X