Hit, Miss or Meh- An NFL.com Video- Ranking out last 10 1st round picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit, Miss or Meh- An NFL.com Video- Ranking out last 10 1st round picks

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Thought I'd share this for all to see. a rather interesting video.

thoughts?

For me I think some of their Meh's were a bit generous.

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...nd-draft-picks

Thought I'd share this for all to see. a rather interesting video.

thoughts?

For me I think some of their Meh's were a bit generous.
    agreed

not a good record shown there.
    sigpic

Comment

I thought he was spot on.

Comment

I'm glad they didn't review our 2nd round picks...
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
          I'm glad they didn't review our 2nd round picks...
          HAHAHA....I agree. The meh grade on Williams was a stretch IMO.

Comment

You all know where I stand on the Tebow pick Williams was a miss, and Ray has been a miss so far. A QB who wins a playoff game in his first 16 starts, and is the only QB drafted by DEN to do so, is a hit. Based on his fans alone, he's a hit
            Last edited by HUMCALC; 04-06-2018, 02:42 PM.
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
              You all know where I stand on the Tebow pick Williams was a miss, and Ray has been a miss so far. A QB who wins a playoff game in his first 16 starts, and is the only QB drafted by DEN to do so, is a hit. Based on his fans alone, he's a hit
              Only His fans call him a hit...

His football career as a whole is a miss.

I would concede him to be a one-hit wonder....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                Only His fans call him a hit...

His football career as a whole is a miss.

I would concede him to be a one-hit wonder....
                I believe that statement to be fair. When Tebow first came into the league he sat. Then when he finally got on the field he was different than nearly every other QB we've ever seen. What made him that was was his drive to win and the fact that he ran with the ball, unlike other QBs who do that, he embraced the contact and was built physically to withstand it. Unfortuneately once he won us that playoff game he had put up enough film to showcase his weaknesses. He never evolved and his will to win was no longer enough as he lacked the skill and mechanics to succeed as a long term NFL QB.

Comment

Tebow had a few nail biter wins in one season after riding the pine for nearly two seasons. It is this reason why I am calling both Lynch and Tebow busts. As a 1st rounder you should be able to win the starting job by your second year unless you sit behind TB, AR,BR or another QB of that caliber.

That being said I will concede that Tebow was a better pick than Lynch. And I will also go as far as to call him a one hit wonder.

Comment

Compare this to the Patriots' first round picks. We need to pick better if we're to compete. Granted, some of these were before Elway's time in the FO, but we haven't had huge success with our picks in the last 5 drafts overall other than Von Miller. I'm hoping that we hit another one out of the park this year, but I'm leary at this point.

Comment

Tebow had a few nail biter wins in one season after riding the pine for nearly two seasons. It is this reason why I am calling both Lynch and Tebow busts. As a 1st rounder you should be able to win the starting job by your second year unless you sit behind TB, AR,BR or another QB of that caliber.

That being said I will concede that Tebow was a better pick than Lynch. And I will also go as far as to call him a one hit wonder.
                      i'd expect a first round QB to establish him self as the starter by now. the only thing with lynch is i am worried they where scared of playing him behind a bad offensive line and it really hurt his developement not being able to play. either way with our DC recently at QB i would have expected lynch to make it as a starter if he was gonna be a starter in this league. may still be a quality back up.

i can tell after watching this grading scale it is very objective. he is calling barrnet a hit while ray a meh. when i would have them ranked around the same thing. i want to see ray as a starter before i label him. this year i don't count cause no one is gonna be sucessful playing with the injuries he did.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I honestly think the strategy of trading our picks for players in free agency instead of drafting is actually more beneficial when you realize how few our drafted picks stay on this team within 2 or 3 years. It's gotten to a point where we cannot miss on an entire draft class like in 2013 or 2015 again.
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

He started 3 games his rookie season, and 13 (including playoffs) his 2nd season. NY promised him a chance to compete for the starting job, and then they didn't deliver. Both NY & PHI fans thought that he got a raw deal. He has as many or more playoff wins as half of the NFL. That's it from me
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

He started 3 games his rookie season, and 13 (including playoffs) his 2nd season. NY promised him a chance to compete for the starting job, and then they didn't deliver. Both NY & PHI fans thought that he got a raw deal. He has as many or more playoff wins as half of the NFL. That's it from me
                            He had an incredible will to win. And very little talent.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                              I honestly think the strategy of trading our picks for players in free agency instead of drafting is actually more beneficial when you realize how few our drafted picks stay on this team within 2 or 3 years. It's gotten to a point where we cannot miss on an entire draft class like in 2013 or 2015 again.
                              thats for sure we need to draft betters. the people winning have more hits then us.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                              X