my broncs mock using draftwired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my broncs mock using draftwired

Broncos Draft Simulation (Big Board: Draftwired Composite 3/18/18)

Picks:
    Rd 1 Pk 5 - Josh Allen (QB) Wyoming
    Rd 2 Pk 40 - Isaiah Oliver (CB) Colorado
    Rd 3 Pk 71 - Mark Andrews (TE) Oklahoma
    Rd 3 Pk 99 - Rasheem Green (DE 3/4) USC
    Rd 4 Pk 106 - Micah Kiser (ILB) Virginia
    Rd 4 Pk 109 - Will Clapp (G) LSU
    Rd 5 Pk 142 - Nick Chubb (RB) Georgia
    Rd 5 Pk 160 - Joseph Noteboom (OT) TCU
    Rd 5 Pk 163 - Dante Pettis (WR) Washington

Allen is a controversial pick but I think we must move on from Lynch, I think Allen will be the answer in 2019

Chubb in the fifth? Zero chance of that outside of him being arrested or testing positive between now and the draft.

Comment

every draft there seems to be a few players that fall dramatically. always different. I just decided to scoop him up in this particular simulation

Comment

Replace Allen with Baker and I’ll love this mock.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
          Chubb in the fifth? Zero chance of that outside of him being arrested or testing positive between now and the draft.
          Well he selected Nick Chubb not Bradley Chubb. I wouldn't be surprised if Nick Chubb falls that far due to his injury history.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            Well he selected Nick Chubb not Bradley Chubb. I wouldn't be surprised if Nick Chubb falls that far due to his injury history.
            I know who he picked. I stand by my statement. If I’m wrong on this one, I’ll be completely surprised. But I’ve been wrong about plenty of other “sure” things in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt View Post
              Broncos Draft Simulation (Big Board: Draftwired Composite 3/18/18)

Picks:
              Rd 1 Pk 5 - Josh Allen (QB) Wyoming
              Rd 2 Pk 40 - Isaiah Oliver (CB) Colorado
              Rd 3 Pk 71 - Mark Andrews (TE) Oklahoma
              Rd 3 Pk 99 - Rasheem Green (DE 3/4) USC
              Rd 4 Pk 106 - Micah Kiser (ILB) Virginia
              Rd 4 Pk 109 - Will Clapp (G) LSU
              Rd 5 Pk 142 - Nick Chubb (RB) Georgia
              Rd 5 Pk 160 - Joseph Noteboom (OT) TCU
              Rd 5 Pk 163 - Dante Pettis (WR) Washington

Allen is a controversial pick but I think we must move on from Lynch, I think Allen will be the answer in 2019
              I think Denver swapped places with Washington (Su'a Cravens trade) in the 4th and 5th round, so the Broncos now have #113 in the 4th as well as their own #106; and, #149 in the 5th as well as #160 that they got for Aqib Talib. They traded #163, that they got from Atlanta for Ty Sambrailo, to Washington for Cravens.

So, Denver has:
              #99 compensatory pick (Okung?)
              #113 from Washington (Cravens)
              #149 from Washington (Cravens)
              #160 from LA Rams for Aqib Talib

Denver has eight picks: one 1st (#5); one 2nd (#40); two 3rds (#71 & #99); two 4ths (#106 & #113); and, two 5ths (#149 & #160)

They had traded #182 to Arizona for Jared Veldheer, and #225 went to Minnesota with Trevor Siemian in exchange for a 5th round pick next year.
              Last edited by samparnell; 04-11-2018, 03:21 PM.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Quite a nasty one; but he turned into a different kind of runner afterwards-- second only to Hershel Walker beating Gurley on UGA's all-time list (Gurley also had a nasty injury and was 2nd in the NFL last season).

sigpic

Comment

Not sure how reliable this site is with the ranking systems. If our drafted began like this though.. traded down 2x to gain picks (5 to get 12 and 22... then 12 to get 21 and 31)
                  Rd 1 21 Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma
                  Rd 1 22 Minkah Fitzpatrick CB/S Alabama
                  Rd 1 31 Will Hernandez G UTEP
                  Rd 2 40 Da'Ron Payne T Alabama
                  Rd 3 71 Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma
                  Rd 3 99 Rashad Penny RB SDSU

Comment

was tempted, but i have a gut felling about Allen. I do believe that both of them (Allen & Mayfield) will be better than both of (Rosen & Darnold)

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                      I know who he picked. I stand by my statement. If I’m wrong on this one, I’ll be completely surprised. But I’ve been wrong about plenty of other “sure” things in my lifetime.
                      Didn't mean to sound like I was questioning your intelligence. But someone else actually got them mixed up on here a couple of weeks ago and I had to correct it. A mock drafter only said Chubb without a first name in the top 5. And another poster said no way Nick Chubb goes that high. And I had to mention the drafter was referring to Bradley Chubb not Nick.

As for this one Nick Chubb could go a lot higher based on his pure talent. But all I was saying is it wouldn't surprise me for him to drop based on his medical history. It's happened to many talented RB's because that position already has a short shelf life as it is.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                        Quite a nasty one; but he turned into a different kind of runner afterwards-- second only to Hershel Walker beating Gurley on UGA's all-time list (Gurley also had a nasty injury and was 2nd in the NFL last season).

Yeah I'm definitely not judging Chubb based on talent. More so saying scouts may be buyer beware due to the injury. I won't be surprised if he goes second round as most mocks project.

But I also once though Moreno was a stud RB, can't miss prospect out of Georgia.
                        sigpic

Comment

Someone please name one QB that we drafted that was a big success? Okay, tell me one young QB that Coach Joseph helped to become successful? Why waste that high of draft choice when our coaching staff has this track record with young QB's?
                          Draft a edge rusher or an DT or a guard first or trade down. Draft a player that high that will help Keenum to be successful. At least wait to draft another QB until Elway gets his head out and fires Coach Joseph!

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                            Someone please name one QB that we drafted that was a big success? Okay, tell me one young QB that Coach Joseph helped to become successful? Why waste that high of draft choice when our coaching staff has this track record with young QB's?
                            Draft a edge rusher or an DT or a guard first or trade down. Draft a player that high that will help Keenum to be successful. At least wait to draft another QB until Elway gets his head out and fires Coach Joseph!
                            Am i missing anything , how long has Joseph been our coach? Wasnt he a defensive coach prior to getting the HC gig in Denver?

Comment

Didn't mean to sound like I was questioning your intelligence. But someone else actually got them mixed up on here a couple of weeks ago and I had to correct it. A mock drafter only said Chubb without a first name in the top 5. And another poster said no way Nick Chubb goes that high. And I had to mention the drafter was referring to Bradley Chubb not Nick.

As for this one Nick Chubb could go a lot higher based on his pure talent. But all I was saying is it wouldn't surprise me for him to drop based on his medical history. It's happened to many talented RB's because that position already has a short shelf life as it is.
                              No worries. I didn’t think anything of your statement like that. I was just letting you know I knew he was talking about the rb and that I still feel the same way. But added that I do admit I could be wrong. Just don’t see it, even with injury history. Who knows until it actually happens though.

Comment

Working...
                              X