Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 draft night thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
    What grade you're in has nothing to do with it. In this country, 18 is considered an adult, legally. If you commit a crime as an 18 year old, then you face adult consequences. Sure, you can always say "he was just a kid" to justify anything that anyone does, at any age. That doesn't make it true. By the time you're 18 years old, you've gotta show better judgment than that.

    Again, I'm not condemning him. Maybe he's not like that anymore. Adult decisions sometimes have adult consequences, though.
    I'd say 99% of 18 year olds have made mistakes that they wouldn't make at 25-30. Turning 18 doesnt immediately transform your brain into that of an adult. Honestly, this is a stupid knock on a person of that age that could potentially shape the rest of his career. I'm glad the stuff i did at 18 hasnt shaped mine in any way.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by BroncoPower View Post
      Darnold scans the entire field and does not lock in on single receivers and goes through his progressions perfectly and his accuracy is spot-on. He also has great touch. There are a thousand reasons why the turnovers are there and attributing them solely on where he puts the ball is naive to say the least. His ball security in the pocket and keeping one hand on it when going down is totally reversible.

      The reason for him dropping likely has less to do with his ability and more to do with the fact that the Browns are picking 1st and 4th.
      Well said! I can't wait to see what happens tonight. Less than 8 hours! Man, if Cleveland takes Allen or Baker... the draft is going to get sooooo interesting.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by BroncoPower View Post
        I'd say 99% of 18 year olds have made mistakes that they wouldn't make at 25-30. Turning 18 doesnt immediately transform your brain into that of an adult. Honestly, this is a stupid knock on a person of that age that could potentially shape the rest of his career. I'm glad the stuff i did at 18 hasnt shaped mine in any way.
        So it's stupid to judge him for it, but not stupid for him to do it?

        Of course decisions at 18 can transform your life. Again, if you commit a crime at 18, you are tried as an adult. Our country considers you old enough to make reasonable decisions......... like voting.

        This isn't going to shape the rest of his career. He might fall a few spots in the draft...... that's all. Again, stupid decisions come with consequences, as they should.

        Comment


        • #34
          I saw someone post that Allen leaked the tweets himself to avoid being drafted by the Browns

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
            I saw someone post that Allen leaked the tweets himself to avoid being drafted by the Browns
            That would be hysterical if true and could set up a trend for future draftees to the Browns.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
              I saw someone post that Allen leaked the tweets himself to avoid being drafted by the Browns
              Now that would be hilarious.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                So it's stupid to judge him for it, but not stupid for him to do it?

                Of course decisions at 18 can transform your life. Again, if you commit a crime at 18, you are tried as an adult. Our country considers you old enough to make reasonable decisions......... like voting.

                This isn't going to shape the rest of his career. He might fall a few spots in the draft...... that's all. Again, stupid decisions come with consequences, as they should.
                Im not saying its not stupid. Im saying it is totally normal for an 18 year old to make mistakes.
                If he robbed a store or held up a bank then we would be having a completely different conversation here.

                Making politically incorrect comments on social media is stupid but then our commander in chief does it and he's the role model right now (not to get too political).

                What is abnormal is to suggest that turning 18 somehow immediately means you think like an adult. Go to any spring break in this country and you'll catch my drift...
                Last edited by BroncoPower; 04-26-2018, 09:50 AM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Hey rookie, are you about to be drafted by the Browns?



                  Wasn't it reported before that Darnold might not declare because he didn't want to be drafted by the Browns? Was there any truth to that?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by BlindFandom88 View Post
                    Well said! I can't wait to see what happens tonight. Less than 8 hours! Man, if Cleveland takes Allen or Baker... the draft is going to get sooooo interesting.
                    Haha you can always rely on the Browns man!! )

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Football


                      Not Politics

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                        Football


                        Not Politics
                        You got it!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                          Football


                          Not Politics
                          Agreed! Politics can go that way ———>
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                            He was 18........ and adult. He wasn't 12 or 13. Thinking it or saying it shows poor judgment. Putting it on social media for EVERYONE to see shows exceptionally poor judgment. Actions sometimes have consequences. Maybe it will, maybe it won't this time.
                            I believe Allen said he made the tweets when he as 14 and 15.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                              I believe Allen said he made the tweets when he as 14 and 15.
                              Yea he was born in 1996 so probably was around 15
                              sigpic
                              "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                                He was 18........ and adult. He wasn't 12 or 13. Thinking it or saying it shows poor judgment. Putting it on social media for EVERYONE to see shows exceptionally poor judgment. Actions sometimes have consequences. Maybe it will, maybe it won't this time.
                                Josh Allen will be 22 next month. Those tweets are from 2012 and 2013 and you're saying he was 18? Nice math there.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X