No announcement yet.

2018 draft night thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we had media when I was the same age, I'd be crucified. Kids say dumb stuff. The media should just apologize and get that off the air. Minors are supposed to be protected.
    2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
      If we had media when I was the same age, I'd be crucified. Kids say dumb stuff. The media should just apologize and get that off the air. Minors are supposed to be protected.
      I'm thankful there wasn't Twitter when I was 15. Some of those tweets are movie quotes, some are jokes with friends in the mentions.

But hey, whatever fits people's agenda, I guess.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't know enough to determine how offended folks are when a young person makes "racial" comments. But lets just say this, if it offends folks, it is Offensive. A guy with a "bong" got seriously penalized in the draft. We'll find out this evening.

As for draft stock, this is Daniel Jeremiah's final mock...top 5:

Cleveland - Mayfield (that is quite a change from his previous mocks)
        Giants - Barkley
        Jets - Darnold
        Buffalo - Allen
        Broncos - Nelson

Nelson has now shown up on his and Mayock's mocks.

Comment

If Baker Mayfield goes #1 (LOL), I think Elway will try to move up for Darnold.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
            I think Giants run to podium if Darnold is available. But i think we will have a legit shot at Barkley if Mayfield goes #1.
            Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
              I think Giants run to podium if Darnold is available. But i think we will have a legit shot at Barkley if Mayfield goes #1.
              I think the Giants still take Barkley. That said if they don't then yes that becomes a much better chance for us to get Barkley, or do you think someone trades ahead of us to get Barkley?

Comment

If Mayfield and Darnold go #1 and #2, what will the Jets do? Are they going to take Rosen, the QB that wore a hat insulting Donald Trump, who happens to be the employer of the Jets owner? Crazy. I don't think Josh Allen is ready to play as a rookie and the Jets new QB will probably play very soon.
                sigpic

Comment

If Mayfield and Darnold go #1 and #2, what will the Jets do? Are they going to take Rosen, the QB that wore a hat insulting Donald Trump, who happens to be the employer of the Jets owner? Crazy. I don't think Josh Allen is ready to play as a rookie and the Jets new QB will probably play very soon.
                  Yes I think they go Rosen. I don't think political views will sway draft decisions. That's just me though. I have already seen more than a handful of mocks with Rosen as their target.

I am just excited that the chance to snag Barkley has gone up, albeit slightly. My draft preference order is Barkley, Chubb, Ward, Nelson, Smith, Lamar Jackson (pending trade down).
                  Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

CBS.com has done a pretty good job of running their draft tracker the last few years so I'll be keeping that window open for sure. Right now they have our needs listed as WR, G, TE, RB.
                    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Are you questioning the logic of Mayfield at 1, or the guy who placed him there in his mock - DJ? I took it you liked DJ.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        I don't know enough to determine how offended folks are when a young person makes "racial" comments. But lets just say this, if it offends folks, it is Offensive. A guy with a "bong" got seriously penalized in the draft. We'll find out this evening.

As for draft stock, this is Daniel Jeremiah's final mock...top 5:

Cleveland - Mayfield (that is quite a change from his previous mocks)
                        Giants - Barkley
                        Jets - Darnold
                        Buffalo - Allen
                        Broncos - Nelson

Nelson has now shown up on his and Mayock's mocks.
                        I don't think the surfacing of Josh Allen's tweets will affect his draft stock. Those that were high on him will dust the comments off as historic. Those that were low on him will feel justified.

As for the mocks both Jeremiah's and Mayock's educated guesses seem pretty close to the mark.

Comment

If you think NFL GMs didn't already know about these tweets then you're kidding yourself. They have dived into every aspect of these kids lives, from childhood friends, HS classmates and teachers, etc. Theres almost no chance they didn't look through their twitter accounts to see if there was anything they should be worried about.

Comment

Yes I think they go Rosen. I don't think political views will sway draft decisions. That's just me though. I have already seen more than a handful of mocks with Rosen as their target.

I am just excited that the chance to snag Barkley has gone up, albeit slightly. My draft preference order is Barkley, Chubb, Ward, Nelson, Smith, Lamar Jackson (pending trade down).
                            Rumors (as is par for the course on draft day) floating around that we trade back with Buffalo and grab Ward and Hernandez.

Im happy with that and im happy with trading up and taking Darnold if he doesnt go 1.

Comment

You have to be bummed if your'e the Jets GM if Mayfield goes 1 and Darnold 2. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                                He was 18........ and adult. He wasn't 12 or 13. Thinking it or saying it shows poor judgment. Putting it on social media for EVERYONE to see shows exceptionally poor judgment. Actions sometimes have consequences. Maybe it will, maybe it won't this time.
                                18 is only an "adult" to the US military; and thusly the US government

-GB2

Comment

Working...
                                X