X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaskajoe
    replied
    Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
    The goal in professional spots is to have a top 5 player at all positions. That is the standard. You are better to keep searching for that than to settle for less.
    Especially once the said average players salary starts to approach the league leaders (outside of the obvious outliers of course)

Leave a comment:

• conannilsen
    replied
    The goal in professional spots is to have a top 5 player at all positions. That is the standard. You are better to keep searching for that than to settle for less.

Leave a comment:

• colowoz
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    Never said anything about being a fan. I said i thought cutting him at this point was a mistake. And because you asked he was 9th in rushing yards last year, so he did that better than quite a few other backs
    9th Rushing, but ranked 39th in receiving yards. Ranked 16th overall with 32 teams I figure he was Average and whether one likes his personality it has no bearing on production...

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Never said anything about being a fan. I said i thought cutting him at this point was a mistake. And because you asked he was 9th in rushing yards last year, so he did that better than quite a few other backs

Leave a comment:

• colowoz
    replied
    Agreed CJ was average, or did he play behind a Below Average line ? Past news. It was business and nothing personal and now we have some young talent that may surprise us this season.

I think the team has improved drastically and we should applaud our front office, Now its up to the coaching staff how they mold this team.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    The same staff that signed charles for no reason? Or the running back they signed to the practice squad for a whole lot of money (was it williams? Name escapes now)
    The coaching staff didn't sign either of those two, the front office did. And the coaching staff gets to see the players every single day, they know who can do what.

But I will ask Anderson fans this: what does he do at an above average level for an NFL back? Not even asking for a starting NFL back, but just the average NFL back, what does he do that's better than those guys?

He doesn't have great speed, he doesn't have a great burst, he has poor vision. He's pretty much just a guy.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I think using the coaching staff is a cop out, he wasn't that good, which is why he didn't get those carries. Since we're talking stats, how about his 1.7 yards per carry in the red zone? That's a sweet stat for a guy who's supposed to be a back that can get the tough yards.
    The same staff that signed charles for no reason? Or the running back they signed to the practice squad for a whole lot of money (was it williams? Name escapes now)

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    CJ was pretty good, and will probably be missed early on. That said, I am a fan of Booker and if can get Royce to return to form then it was a good move. We got the short end when Miami balked on the CJ for James deal.

Leave a comment:

• Alaskajoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I think CJ was overrated, we never should have matched that deal when MIA wanted to sign him. Could have saved some money. But as overrated as I think he is, he is nowhere near as overrated as our current Coaching staff and management have on Devonte Booker. CJ is better than him...but that isn't saying much.
    Agreed. CJ was JAG. Booker is....well, not even that.

I was looking up freemans combine performance and comparing it to what i was seeing on the games. At first i was wondering does he have that "pop" still since his injury and based on the last few games of the year plus his drill numbers, id say yes he does. And its not all back yet. But my training camp he should be fully recovered. His 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle are wide receiver times. And his 40 time usnt nothing to cry about....ESPECIALLY at 230lbs.

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied
    I think CJ was overrated, we never should have matched that deal when MIA wanted to sign him. Could have saved some money. But as overrated as I think he is, he is nowhere near as overrated as our current Coaching staff and management have on Devonte Booker. CJ is better than him...but that isn't saying much.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    was that because he couldn't, or because they refused to let him? IMO, it's because they refused to acknowledge he was the best RB on the team and kept giving the ball to Hillman or some other 2nd rate RB. This past season he only had 5 games of 20+ carries. In all of them but 1, he averaged over 4.1 yards/carry and over 4.5 in 3 of them. You throw those stats out there like he didn't live up a total yards stat due to ability when it was the coaching staff holding him back.
    I think using the coaching staff is a cop out, he wasn't that good, which is why he didn't get those carries. Since we're talking stats, how about his 1.7 yards per carry in the red zone? That's a sweet stat for a guy who's supposed to be a back that can get the tough yards.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I'm in the camp that Anderson is horribly overrated on these boards. For as much run as he gets, he's eclipsed 100 yards in 7 of 58 games. Now to be fair, in a several early games he only played specials, so I'll also mention that's 36 starts, but that's still not a lot. And that's 3 times since he became the full time starter in 2016, which is 23 games.

He's just a guy. If he weren't he'd have a contract by now.
    was that because he couldn't, or because they refused to let him? IMO, it's because they refused to acknowledge he was the best RB on the team and kept giving the ball to Hillman or some other 2nd rate RB. This past season he only had 5 games of 20+ carries. In all of them but 1, he averaged over 4.1 yards/carry and over 4.5 in 3 of them. You throw those stats out there like he didn't live up a total yards stat due to ability when it was the coaching staff holding him back.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    I think so. From timed timed speed to game tape he seems to have just a bit more juice. Also remember its 4 mill cheaper
    I still understand about the $4M and still think it would have been worth it to kjeep CJ, spend the $4M and get another position, instead of RB, in the 3rd round.

Leave a comment:

• Alaskajoe
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    and did we get that with Freeman?
    I think so. From timed timed speed to game tape he seems to have just a bit more juice. Also remember its 4 mill cheaper

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Im in the camp that thinks it was a mistake cutting cj. Im not big on booker, henderson hasnt proved anything and royce will go through growing pains as all rookies do.
    I'm in the camp that Anderson is horribly overrated on these boards. For as much run as he gets, he's eclipsed 100 yards in 7 of 58 games. Now to be fair, in a several early games he only played specials, so I'll also mention that's 36 starts, but that's still not a lot. And that's 3 times since he became the full time starter in 2016, which is 23 games.

He's just a guy. If he weren't he'd have a contract by now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X