Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Elway Was Going To Take Bills Trade Offer.....IF

Chubb wasn't there.

Maybe you all know this, but I did not hear what the offer was.

This tells you how much we wanted Chubb. In other words, he was a bit of a surprise opportunity, although I did expect a high quality stud given the QB draft situation.

So gang, what was The Bills offer? As I mentioned elsewhere, when The Bills did get closer to a deal, they were not interested in parting with both 1st rounders. Not sure when that decision point came, and whether or not we had the same type of offer.

All in all, I like when the team says it was a no brainer to select the player they got. Speaks volumes about the talent.

The offer was the 12th pick and 2 second round picks. Heard that mentioned by Cecil Lamney and others on the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by LegionOfVonDoom View Post
      The offer was the 12th pick and 2 second round picks. Heard that mentioned by Cecil Lamney and others on the radio.
      Thx! Being a foreign type, I miss out on a lot of the local discourse. Sometimes my comments/questions are probably already in the bag, if you are closer to home and all the sources.

As for that offer......not a bad deal, but many of us expected two firsts and hopefully a second.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Thx! Being a foreign type, I miss out on a lot of the local discourse. Sometimes my comments/questions are probably already in the bag, if you are closer to home and all the sources.

As for that offer......not a bad deal, but many of us expected two firsts and hopefully a second.
        Schefter said on ESPN that that was the deal. 12, 22, and a 2nd. But Elway cancelled the deal immediately when Ward went 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          Schefter said on ESPN that that was the deal. 12, 22, and a 2nd. But Elway cancelled the deal immediately when Ward went 4th.
          So gang...which deal was it? I LOVE the 12, 22 and a 2nd. Not saying I don't love Chubb. But that deal had to be hard to turn down.

Comment

So gang...which deal was it? I LOVE the 12, 22 and a 2nd. Not saying I don't love Chubb. But that deal had to be hard to turn down.
            according to many the 2 first where never offered this also included Rappaport, McShay and others. The bills moved to 7 and only gave 1 first, so there's that

Comment

according to many the 2 first where never offered this also included Rappaport, McShay and others. The bills moved to 7 and only gave 1 first, so there's that
              I hope so....because it makes this a non issue to me then. The 2 firsts and a 2nd would have been a little harder to pass by, given we have multiple needs/wants.

Comment

I hope so....because it makes this a non issue to me then. The 2 firsts and a 2nd would have been a little harder to pass by, given we have multiple needs/wants.
                I would have been good rejecting either offer. Who knows the real story, but Schefter also had the Mayfield with the first pick thing also, which nobody thought would happen.

Comment

I would have been good rejecting either offer. Who knows the real story, but Schefter also had the Mayfield with the first pick thing also, which nobody thought would happen.
                  Let me be very clear.....I love the pick. The trade down story was interesting to me, and I wondered what was offered. It's all history now, and the trade never happened.

MOVING ON!!!!

Comment

ian rappiport was repording that the bills where not gonna offer both there first rounders. which is why cleveland and few other teams did not trade down with them.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Prefer Chubb
                      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                        Prefer Chubb
                        Agreed when we lost Ware we lost a step.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                          Prefer Chubb
                          Likewise Chubb is a freak and generational player.
                          sigpic

Comment

This means we probably have to give some credit to crp24lb and ear2dastreets for believing that Elway would never pick Nelson at 5.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                              This means we probably have to give some credit to crp24lb and ear2dastreets for believing that Elway would never pick Nelson at 5.
                              True, but I think elway was banking on hernandez in the second before ny jumped all over him. In the press conference it seemed liked they missed their guy when asked which guard they missed out on.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X