• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 2 Draft Picks

Courtland Sutton, WR - Round 2, Pick 40
    Royce Freeman, RB - Round 3, Pick 71
    Isaac Yiadom, CB - Round 3, Pick 99

After hitting a Homerun on day 1, Elway and Company come back on Day 2 and go 0-3 with 3 strikeouts. I couldn't be more disappointed. They got ZERO starters and once again NO SPEED to help this stale offense.

- They got WR that at best will be Alshon Jeffery. He made a few Highlight catches but always underperformed when he played good competition. There's no way he was a better option at #40 than Christian Kirk, James Washington, DJ Chark or Connor Williams. Those players would make an impact Day 1, Sutton will barely see the field.

- Royce was a reach, the RB pool was getting depleted and Broncos panicked. He's strictly a 2 down RB, with below avg Speed, a lot of carries in college and injury problems. He'll make us wish we had CJ back after he can't even beat out Booker.

- The CB out of BC is strictly a special teams player if he's even active for games.

The 2nd Day Draft Blues continue for Elway and Company.
    "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post

After hitting a Homerun on day 1, Elway and Company come back on Day 2 and go 0-3 with 3 strikeouts. I couldn't be more disappointed. They got ZERO starters and once again NO SPEED to help this stale offense.

- They got WR that at best will be Alshon Jeffery. He made a few Highlight catches but always underperformed when he played good competition. There's no way he was a better option at #40 than Christian Kirk, James Washington, DJ Chark or Connor Williams. Those players would make an impact Day 1, Sutton will barely see the field.

- Royce was a reach, the RB pool was getting depleted and Broncos panicked. He's strictly a 2 down RB, with below avg Speed, a lot of carries in college and injury problems. He'll make us wish we had CJ back after he can't even beat out Booker.

- The CB out of BC is strictly a special teams player if he's even active for games.

That's your opinion, I think they were great picks. Sutton is a 1st round talent and this team needed another big body in the redzone. Have you even studied Freeman? Just because he doesn't have top end speed he will bust? The kid is extremely talented, he is a 6' 230 pound thumper that runs a 4.50. Being compared to Jonathan Stewart that doesn't get injured, i'll take that in the 3rd round all day!! I have to admit I don't know much about Isaac but I love his size.

Comment

You are completely out of touch this draft and every analyst out there is liking everything this team has done so far in the draft. Every single pick has be a home run.
      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Sutton is much bigger than Ashely Lelie, big strong and fast, he is someone who prides himself on being physical. DT has been put on Notice.....

sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Last year we went with speed and those players sucked. We drafted football players over athletes. We could have drafted Chark but we drafted a better receiver in Sutton. We could have went with Hines a speed back but we drafted a thumper and grinder to fill the void left by cutting cj. Charks entire value will be running a go route and chucking it deep to him and Hines god forbid he gets arm tackled. We still have players developing that are the speed and explosive prospects from last year like Carlos and De’Angelo Henderson but this year we needed guys that can play.

As for the corner I’m fine with it. Jc Jackson is the only one I think we will regret passing on but atleast we got someone that should provide top quality special teams play for the next 4 years.

Comment

Royce = instant upgrade.

sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
              You are completely out of touch this draft and every analyst out there is liking everything this team has done so far in the draft. Every single pick has be a home run.
              I like all of the picks but I question one or two of them. Are we better off at RB now than we would have been with CJ? I would say, probably not, maybe equal at best. They could have kept CJ and signed someone like Martinas Rankins, Nathan Shepard, or Malik Jefferson. That could of helped build up other positions and kept the RB position about the same.

Don't know much about Yiadom. CB is a need but some decent prospects at other areas were still available such as Tyler Crosby
              sigpic

Comment

Sutton is much bigger than Ashely Lelie, big strong and fast, he is someone who prides himself on being physical. DT has been put on Notice.....

This kid looks amazing. His legs are so long that he looks like he's high steppin all the time. Love it.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I wholeheartedly disagree with you.

If Courtland Sutton could become Alshon Jeffery, consider me pleased. Sutton is still a little bit raw and his flaws are coachable. He ran a 4.5, that is not "slow". Sutton is a consensus Day One prospect and he will see plenty of the field as a WR3 (which we desperately needed).

I do not think Freeman was a reach. He has great, translatable skills to the NFL. I feel like Booker would be the better 3rd down back anyways, which is fine. Freeman will be a punisher on those first two downs and in short yardage situations.

Isaac Yiadom will start out on special teams, like any other rookie DB not drafted in the first two rounds. BUT unlike Kayvon Webster, he has immediate cover skills. Yiadom is a tall, physical cornerback that EXCELLED in press man coverage. He played well at the Senior Bowl practices. Yiadom has the potential to be a lockdown, starting corner (and that is no hyperbole).
                  2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                  Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Yeah gotta disagree here.

- Sutton probably puts on of DT/Sanders on the chopping block next year. He's a little raw but has a ton of upside.
                    - Freeman is a good pick, i wish we moved up for Guice but oh well.
                    - Broncos worked with Yiadom at the Senior Bowl. Fits Broncos scheme pretty well given we play a ton of man, fast riser.

Elway did good Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      I like all of the picks but I question one or two of them. Are we better off at RB now than we would have been with CJ? I would say, probably not, maybe equal at best. They could have kept CJ and signed someone like Martinas Rankins, Nathan Shepard, or Malik Jefferson. That could of helped build up other positions and kept the RB position about the same.

Don't know much about Yiadom. CB is a need but some decent prospects at other areas were still available such as Tyler Crosby
                      Equal at best with a much lower percentage in salary would be a win in my opinion. As for the corner, I also don't know much about him, so I won't pretend to try to talk him up. I'll play the wait and see approach with him.

As for Crosby, we have the 6th and 13th pick in the fourth round today, so if they really wanted/want him, they could grab him with the 6th pick, or move up if the feel they can't wait on him. So, he's still a possibility.

Comment

Sutton was the top WR in the class, and will immediately contribute as the #3 guy, and will be big in the RZ.

Royce I'm on the fence about, basically a younger version of CJ but cheaper.

Yiadom is a very good press corner, and immediate ST upgrade, with year 2 or 3 starter potential. We coached him at the SB, so his development should happen quickly.

I give Elway a solid B+ on the 2nd day.
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

It is WAY TO EARLY to grade this class. Remember, we have a horrible head coach, Kub may help him but doesn't really like playing rookies. Wait three years and then grade this class. I hope last years class will see the field more this year. Even Chubb probably won't get that much work this season.

Comment

Not Ashely Lelie. He compared him to Alshon Jeffery with negative connotation for some reason. If Sutton turns out to be Jeffery without the injuries, that'd be a very good 2nd round pick. So, I don't really understand OP's point on that one.

Comment

I agree. I thought Chubb was a great pick, but the last three picks were not positions that I was expecting to be addressed early.

Courtland Sutton: A WR in the second round when we have two decent receivers?

Royce Freeman: Might be a decent pick if we can find some people to block for him.

Isaac Yiadom: Weren't we 4th against the pass last year even though we were 22nd in total sacks?

Hopefully they'll do better today.
                              Last edited by Hph5; 04-28-2018, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X