Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hph5
    replied
    Finally we draft an offensive lineman. Considering that we allowed 50 sacks last year I think it was good idea.

Leave a comment:

• munoz1987
    replied
    with the pick of Hamilton today It makes the Sutton pick better. Slot was the weakness now its solved.

Leave a comment:

• Zealander
    replied
    Freeman is the all time leader for university of Oregon running backs.... That is crazy to me. They have produced some real studs at that level. Several of those guys translated famously to the NFL. I am super stoked with that pick. Forget your combine measurables. He's a football player.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
    Isaac Yiadom: Weren't we 4th against the pass last year even though we were 22nd in total sacks?

Hopefully they'll do better today.
    We lost Talib......

Leave a comment:

• Montoya
    replied
    No matter what we did. If we didn't do exactly what some of you wanted you will complain and be negative. Sure there are some players I would have liked Us to pick over what we got. Like Guice but it's okay. Maybe Royce can be our new Mike Anderson. Our 1st 2 picks were flat out HOME RUNS. Sutton will excel in the NFL with real NFL QBs throwing to him. Chubb we already know don't have to say anything

Leave a comment:

• Jonny_Quest
    replied
    I’ve been pretty ecstatic about our draft so far.

Hoping we can get some o-line depth today and Shaquem Griffin.

Leave a comment:

• TexAg
    replied
    I would have loved Christian Kirk to go to Denver, he is a clutch playmaker, however Sutton is also a great player with a huge ceiling and potential to play #1 WR. Cowboy fans are pissed that Jerry didn't trade up and take him.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Seems to me most all sports columnist have high grades on Denver's draft too......

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...-broncos-day-2

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Obviously there are two sides to every coin and each of these players has some flaws to pick out but I am a bit surprised to see such negativity.

Sutton is arguably the best WR in the draft, Freeman adds a physicality to the run game and Yiadom another interesting project that the coaches had extensive time with at the Senior Bowl.

I like the picks. Maybe not the ones I would have taken but I’m not in the war room. All quality picks that will add to the team. If nothing else, I’m willing to see how they contribute before calling them busts.

Just not seeing the overall downside to warrant such doom and gloom.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by ksubroncosfan;5703001[B
    ]Equal at best with a much lower percentage in salary would be a win in my opinion[/B]. As for the corner, I also don't know much about him, so I won't pretend to try to talk him up. I'll play the wait and see approach with him.

As for Crosby, we have the 6th and 13th pick in the fourth round today, so if they really wanted/want him, they could grab him with the 6th pick, or move up if the feel they can't wait on him. So, he's still a possibility.
    I agree that $ is a factor. But with that $ we could have taken Nathan Shepard instead. We could have then still had a decent RB but we added a guy who could be a solid interior Dline to get pressure from the middle to go along with the new outside pressure. That might be worth 4$M.

Leave a comment:

• Hph5
    replied
    Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
    Courtland Sutton, WR - Round 2, Pick 40
    Royce Freeman, RB - Round 3, Pick 71
    Isaac Yiadom, CB - Round 3, Pick 99

After hitting a Homerun on day 1, Elway and Company come back on Day 2 and go 0-3 with 3 strikeouts. I couldn't be more disappointed. They got ZERO starters and once again NO SPEED to help this stale offense.
    I agree. I thought Chubb was a great pick, but the last three picks were not positions that I was expecting to be addressed early.

Courtland Sutton: A WR in the second round when we have two decent receivers?

Royce Freeman: Might be a decent pick if we can find some people to block for him.

Isaac Yiadom: Weren't we 4th against the pass last year even though we were 22nd in total sacks?

Hopefully they'll do better today.
    Last edited by Hph5; 04-28-2018, 07:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
    Sutton is much bigger than Ashely Lelie, big strong and fast, he is someone who prides himself on being physical. DT has been put on Notice.....

Not Ashely Lelie. He compared him to Alshon Jeffery with negative connotation for some reason. If Sutton turns out to be Jeffery without the injuries, that'd be a very good 2nd round pick. So, I don't really understand OP's point on that one.

Leave a comment:

• Kansas Bob
    replied
    It is WAY TO EARLY to grade this class. Remember, we have a horrible head coach, Kub may help him but doesn't really like playing rookies. Wait three years and then grade this class. I hope last years class will see the field more this year. Even Chubb probably won't get that much work this season.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Sutton was the top WR in the class, and will immediately contribute as the #3 guy, and will be big in the RZ.

Royce I'm on the fence about, basically a younger version of CJ but cheaper.

Yiadom is a very good press corner, and immediate ST upgrade, with year 2 or 3 starter potential. We coached him at the SB, so his development should happen quickly.

I give Elway a solid B+ on the 2nd day.

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I like all of the picks but I question one or two of them. Are we better off at RB now than we would have been with CJ? I would say, probably not, maybe equal at best. They could have kept CJ and signed someone like Martinas Rankins, Nathan Shepard, or Malik Jefferson. That could of helped build up other positions and kept the RB position about the same.

Don't know much about Yiadom. CB is a need but some decent prospects at other areas were still available such as Tyler Crosby
    Equal at best with a much lower percentage in salary would be a win in my opinion. As for the corner, I also don't know much about him, so I won't pretend to try to talk him up. I'll play the wait and see approach with him.

As for Crosby, we have the 6th and 13th pick in the fourth round today, so if they really wanted/want him, they could grab him with the 6th pick, or move up if the feel they can't wait on him. So, he's still a possibility.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X