Well well well...I guess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well well well...I guess

A lot of us were wrong on what the Broncos was going to do.
    No-lamar Jackson...
    No-Q Neslon
    No- Baker Mayfield
    No- S Barkley
    No- QB at all hell lol

I can honestly although we didn't get what I wanted. I am VERY VERY HAPPY with Chubb and the Entire draft. GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

We pretty much all assumed a backup qb though I believe some were still hopeful for Chad Kelly to pan out.

I guess the ultimate decision is we are going to find out what he is capable of in camp this summer. If he beats out Lynch for the backup role then maybe we already had the young potential Keenum replacement without admitting it to ourselves.

And again I realize some around here were already on board with that possibility. But I wasn’t.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      We pretty much all assumed a backup qb though I believe some were still hopeful for Chad Kelly to pan out.

I guess the ultimate decision is we are going to find out what he is capable of in camp this summer. If he beats out Lynch for the backup role then maybe we already had the young potential Keenum replacement without admitting it to ourselves.

And again I realize some around here were already on board with that possibility. But I wasn’t.
      Right but I suppose the other issue is that Lynch literally lost our last year to a UDFA in PS. Kelly may well play better then Lynch as well. That said if CK goes down are we really going to rely on either of those two...ultimately unproven players?

Comment

I said we wouldn’t take a QB and I called it Chubb would be the perfect pick for us and could have fallen to us I just think we reached a tad for our CB - I worry he’s another project Langley

Comment

It was the right move after signing CK. PL is still learning w/two different OCs. but, this is his last yr. if he doesn't rise to the occasion. Kelly may surprise and knock PL out of the game completely. But this was a great draft and our defense is going to be nasty. If Cravens comes to play then this D is SB quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
            Right but I suppose the other issue is that Lynch literally lost our last year to a UDFA in PS. Kelly may well play better then Lynch as well. That said if CK goes down are we really going to rely on either of those two...ultimately unproven players?

Short answer... yes , that is who the Broncos are relying on.

Not the most popular strategy but it is obvious the Broncos are giving Keenum his shot to become more then a one year wonder. Relying on his improvements as the development he needed to make the jump to legitimate starter. Risky, but the strategy is growing on me.

Also looks like they are giving Lynch every chance in the world to prove he is not the immature disappointment he has shown so far. Rumors are he is working on his body. Is he also working on his mind? Going to be interesting to see if he can ever justify the confidence Elway has had in him. Still a talented young man, just not the professional that is needed to be a starting (or backup?) QB. Still hoping he can overcome the deficiencies and be a reliable option if needed. Once he can reach that level I'll open my mind to him being a starter. Baby steps!

Kelly is in an interesting situation. Kept out of trouble and absorbed an entire season without any expectations. Can he live up to the exceptions and pass Lynch will be interesting. I have no issue with the Broncos not selecting a mid round QB. They already have one with Kelly.

Looking forward to seeing how the offensive system will look as they prepare for the season and adjusting to Keenum's strengths. Hoping all three can thrive in the revamped offense.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
              [/B]

Short answer... yes , that is who the Broncos are relying on.

Not the most popular strategy but it is obvious the Broncos are giving Keenum his shot to become more then a one year wonder. Relying on his improvements as the development he needed to make the jump to legitimate starter. Risky, but the strategy is growing on me.

Also looks like they are giving Lynch every chance in the world to prove he is not the immature disappointment he has shown so far. Rumors are he is working on his body. Is he also working on his mind? Going to be interesting to see if he can ever justify the confidence Elway has had in him. Still a talented young man, just not the professional that is needed to be a starting (or backup?) QB. Still hoping he can overcome the deficiencies and be a reliable option if needed. Once he can reach that level I'll open my mind to him being a starter. Baby steps!

Kelly is in an interesting situation. Kept out of trouble and absorbed an entire season without any expectations. Can he live up to the exceptions and pass Lynch will be interesting. I have no issue with the Broncos not selecting a mid round QB. They already have one with Kelly.

Looking forward to seeing how the offensive system will look as they prepare for the season and adjusting to Keenum's strengths. Hoping all three can thrive in the revamped offense.
              Agree and not just revamped offense but defense too.
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I still have hope for Lynch. Is that crazy? I think he would have made progress if not for his injuries. We knew he needed at least two years to develop in the first place

Comment

Kelly or a 1st round QB are both going to be unproven. I don't think anyone doubts Kelly's talents, maturity has always been the issue. Good to see him stay out of trouble and hanging out at the facility. I will take Kelly with a year to acclimate to NFL life over a rookie; however, I did not believe any of the rookies were all that much talented, if at all, than Swag.

And maybe a light bulb does go off with Lynch. I strongly preferred the continuing development of what we had than a new toy.
                  Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
                    I still have hope for Lynch. Is that crazy? I think he would have made progress if not for his injuries. We knew he needed at least two years to develop in the first place
                    It didn't help at all that he had to switch from the Kubes/Dennison offense to McCoy's massive playbook in the middle either! But even if there had been no coaching change, I think he would have still struggled because reportedly his work ethic is poor. Kelly's on the other hand "seems" to be better so I'm a little more hopeful about his success than Lynch's. But who knows maybe this last gasp chance will motivate Lynch?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
                      Not crazy at all. I'm also hopeful he can finally "get it".

Not arguing that Lynch has disappointed with his minimal development and questionable work ethic. He has to be better. But I also think the system and preferences by the coaches did him no favors. From day one there were mixed messages. They gave Lynch every chance compete but just as long as he adapted to the system that best suited others. Too much of a square peg in a round hole mentality.

Going to be interesting to see how the offensive system is run this year. Will more elements fit Lynch's skillset? Can he feel more comfortable along with working harder to become reliable. I'm hopeful he is.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                        Not crazy at all. I'm also hopeful he can finally "get it".

Not arguing that Lynch has disappointed with his minimal development and questionable work ethic. He has to be better. But I also think the system and preferences by the coaches did him no favors. From day one there were mixed messages. They gave Lynch every chance compete but just as long as he adapted to the system that best suited others. Too much of a square peg in a round hole mentality.

Going to be interesting to see how the offensive system is run this year. Will more elements fit Lynch's skillset? Can he feel more comfortable along with working harder to become reliable. I'm hopeful he is.
                        While there was a bit of a square peg in a round hole with Lynch o e if his strengths was apparently his deep ball and arm strength. When he attempted long balls last season he looked worse than his short and I intermediate throws....

So sure the coaches did him no favors but he didn't exactly help himself either.

Comment

If Keenum goes down, I'm looking forward to Kelly playing on the field. Still has one of the fastest release times and is a fearless gunslinger. Kelly will be a fun player to watch in the future in my opinion. So even if Case goes down, Broncos football is still very interesting.
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                            If Keenum goes down, I'm looking forward to Kelly playing on the field. Still has one of the fastest release times and is a fearless gunslinger. Kelly will be a fun player to watch in the future in my opinion. So even if Case goes down, Broncos football is still very interesting.
                            I'm looking forward to seeing Musgrave's offense and how they utilize the personnel available. In addition to upgrading athletic talent in the Draft, it seems that the effort was made to get smart players of good character.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              I'm looking forward to seeing Musgrave's offense and how they utilize the personnel available. In addition to upgrading athletic talent in the Draft, it seems that the effort was made to get smart players of good character.
                              In your opinion did Musgrave improve the offense after McCoy left the building? I didn't discern much of a difference, but I think losing your OC mid-season is a huge disruption that takes an offseason to fix.

Yes to the character picks. Elway made a reference that he was looking for "good guys" that are going to turn the locker room around. Players like DaeSean Hamiltion who went out of his way to educate incoming players is someone we need to help bring maturity to the offense. In the NFL draft scout report, they quoted an AFC regional scout with this:

"In this job you deal with some really good guys and some not so good guys. He's one of the best. I think he goes undrafted, but I also think football is going to be a very small part of what he accomplishes in his life."

Sounds like a great pick to me. We need guys like this in our locker room and not just the Talibs that are only happy when they win.
                              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X