Practice Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice Squad

River Cracraft is back on the PS wearing #11 this time. That brings the PS back up to ten.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    River Cracraft is back on the PS wearing #11 this time. That brings the PS back up to ten.
    odd news....was this to fill the vacancy of Calros?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
      odd news....was this to fill the vacancy of Calros?
      Do you mean Carlos Henderson? If so, I'm under the impression that Isaiah McKenzie was the guy taking Henderson's place and they were going to re-sign Kyle Peko, but he was signed to Buffalo's PS.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Do you mean Carlos Henderson? If so, I'm under the impression that Isaiah McKenzie was the guy taking Henderson's place and they were going to re-sign Kyle Peko, but he was signed to Buffalo's PS.
        Right. It is a shame because I liked Peko but he was well behind Harris and his Cousin. I'd think he'd have a better shot making it on Buffalo's 53 man eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
          Right. It is a shame because I liked Peko but he was well behind Harris and his Cousin. I'd think he'd have a better shot making it on Buffalo's 53 man eventually.
          You and I have a chance to make Buffalo's 53 eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
            You and I have a chance to make Buffalo's 53 eventually.
            They're only a few hours away...maybe I should head down there.

Comment

Hmm, had a UDFA in for a workout today, a punter from UC Davis, Colby Wadman. Released DL Niles Scott.

A punter. Is all not happy in Broncos Country with King?

Comment

Hmm, had a UDFA in for a workout today, a punter from UC Davis, Colby Wadman. Released DL Niles Scott.

A punter. Is all not happy in Broncos Country with King?
                Is he left footed? Do the Broncos play a left footed punter in coming games? The ball comes off their foot differently, it's a smart move to bring in a left footed punter to give the returners reps seeing it.

That left footed thing is the reason that the Patriots almost always go with a left footed punter on their team. It's different for their opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  Is he left footed? Do the Broncos play a left footed punter in coming games? The ball comes off their foot differently, it's a smart move to bring in a left footed punter to give the returners reps seeing it.

That left footed thing is the reason that the Patriots almost always go with a left footed punter on their team. It's different for their opponents.
                  Good point but no, he's a righty.

Comment

Good point but no, he's a righty.
                    If he's a righty then there could be issues. And if there are issues (other than injury) it's stupid to waste a PS spot on a punter, either make a move or don't. I would stand by it if it was bringing in a left, because I think Colquitt is a left, and the Jets might have a left as well.

Comment

An extra punter? I don't understand the logic in this....
                      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

I believe Dustin Colquitt is a lefty

and this is why you practice against a lefty.

Nice call BBN
                        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

This doesn't make any sense to me. He has one bad game and they want to bring a guy in on the PS? Seems like a waste. Yet they let Riley Dixon punt terribly for 2 years. There has to be more to it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                            This doesn't make any sense to me. He has one bad game and they want to bring a guy in on the PS? Seems like a waste. Yet they let Riley Dixon punt terribly for 2 years. There has to be more to it.
                            Riley Dixon had a 41.3 net average in 2016, the highest by a rookie in NFL history. That certainly was not terrible.

Career net average:

Marquette King: 41.1

Riley Dixon: 41.2
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                              Riley Dixon had a 41.3 net average in 2016, the highest by a rookie in NFL history. That certainly was not terrible.

Career net average:

Marquette King: 41.1

Riley Dixon: 41.2
                              I get having that stat but, to me, it lacks context such as where the punter kicked from and whether he was able to get them inside the 20- or 10-yard line.

I don't recall Dixon having many good punts, at his average or less on a long field giving the opposing team good position.

King has not really lived up to his play from last season but he does have a history of being able to pin teams deep in their own territory or longer kicks on a longer field.

I'm not really sure what's up with him this season. He's not really paying like the player we signed.

Comment

Working...
                              X